Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies

Political Ideologies For topics and discussions about political ideologies, political parties, and political principles


Thanks Tree20Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2015, 07:15 AM   #141
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Had their not been some success in Hitlers attempt at genocide, then their probably would not have been a modern day Israel. I mean, it is the truth isn't it?
In a way........

What wonderful thing the great potato famine in Ireland was in the 1830's. Fuck all those people that died miserable deaths by starvation. If NOT for the famine my mother's family might never have left Ireland and I would not be living in luxury, a pampered American.....

We could play this game all day long. But to what end?
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 07:15 AM   #142
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
you forget 600,000 capitalist whites died freeing black from slavery in this nation.
Then you had apartheid for 100 more years.
Gordy is offline  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 07:25 AM   #143
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
In a way........

What wonderful thing the great potato famine in Ireland was in the 1830's. Fuck all those people that died miserable deaths by starvation. If NOT for the famine my mother's family might never have left Ireland and I would not be living in luxury, a pampered American.....

We could play this game all day long. But to what end?
Depends at what point it becomes a game. The point about the Civil War, Lincolns emancipation, is a very valid point. Lincoln was elected on a campaign promise TO NOT END SLAVERY. I emphasize that because it is true. As the war dragged on, the focus changed. The Emancipation act might have been at first a military decision, maybe. I question that thinking myself, but lets assume it was. As the Union Soldiers moved south, and begin freeing slaves, the attitude of the army started changing. The racist attitude of the Union army, that they wasn't their to fight for them "darkies" began to change as they saw the inherent good they were doing. Had the south capitulated early on. I think its safe to say none of that would have happened.
coke is offline  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 08:11 AM   #144
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Depends at what point it becomes a game. The point about the Civil War, Lincolns emancipation, is a very valid point. Lincoln was elected on a campaign promise TO NOT END SLAVERY. I emphasize that because it is true. As the war dragged on, the focus changed. The Emancipation act might have been at first a military decision, maybe. I question that thinking myself, but lets assume it was. As the Union Soldiers moved south, and begin freeing slaves, the attitude of the army started changing. The racist attitude of the Union army, that they wasn't their to fight for them "darkies" began to change as they saw the inherent good they were doing. Had the south capitulated early on. I think its safe to say none of that would have happened.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Thanks from coke
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:53 AM   #145
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
It certainly is. Is not history the greatest teacher?
coke is offline  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 10:56 AM   #146
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
It certainly is. Is not history the greatest teacher?
So, why don't more people in the political arena learn about it and from it?
Thanks from LongWinded
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 11:04 AM   #147
Fayt Storm ON [OFF]
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 15,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Had their not been some success in Hitlers attempt at genocide, then their probably would not have been a modern day Israel. I mean, it is the truth isn't it?
That probably wouldn't be a bad thing. Taking other people land wasn't the right answer.
Fayt is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies

Tags
understand



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I can't understand it dusty Atheism 22 August 9th, 2016 02:05 PM
Do they really care or even understand? roastpork Political Talk 4 April 14th, 2014 03:53 PM
I can understand G and L but why B and T? garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 101 December 10th, 2010 07:00 PM
Please help me understand. FAndy Political Talk 22 December 1st, 2005 06:42 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.