Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies

Political Ideologies For topics and discussions about political ideologies, political parties, and political principles


Thanks Tree20Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:41 PM   #21
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
See, now this is turning into a Fayt like argument. Every car wreck is due to capitalism. Why? Because someone bought that car.
So slavery wasn't about profit? Colonialism wasn't about profit? Wars aren't fought over profit?
Gordy is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:43 PM   #22
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,774
delete
Gordy is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:43 PM   #23
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
So slavery wasn't about profit? Colonialism wasn't about profit? Wars aren't fought over profit?
Sure they are and was, but as you have already stated, there has never been true socialism. So, therefore the argument your already sold on, is that every death is attributed to capitalism
coke is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:44 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
People die from the effects of capitalism every day (if I may also depression and suicide as a result of poverty and alienation). If you count it up to right now, it is somewhere in the billions, if not the trillions.
It's an estimate of course, but about 110 billion people have ever lived.

Before, and after, capitalism became a major force people were slaughtered for all sorts of reasons.
imaginethat is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:45 PM   #25
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Sure they are and was, but as you have already stated, there has never been true socialism. So, therefore the argument your already sold on, is that every death is attributed to capitalism
Well, every death that had something to do with profit.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:46 PM   #26
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
It's an estimate of course, but about 110 billion people have ever lived.

Before, and after, capitalism became a major force people were slaughtered for all sorts of reasons.
That's beside the point. I'm talking about the deaths that should be attributed to capitalism.

That's also an incredibly poor estimation. There's no way only 110 billion people have ever lived. China alone has one billion people.

Last edited by Gordy; October 31st, 2015 at 10:49 PM.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:50 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
That's beside the point. I'm talking about the deaths that should be attributed to capitalism.

That's also an incredibly poor estimation. There's no way only 110 billion people have ever lived. China alone has one billion people.
How Many People Have Ever Lived on Earth?
imaginethat is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:52 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,725
And:

imaginethat is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:53 PM   #29
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
When has capitalism never existed? Certainly not in any period of recorded history. The more I think of it, isn't capitalism just a name we came up with for the reality of life. In essence all we have ever done is tempered the violence to achieve the same goals. If you want to blame capitalism for every war and death then ok, have at it. If nothing was ever fought over, then what would anything even be worth? The Native Americans certainly didn't live in some utopia. They may have been anarchist type society, but they killed over the best hunting grounds, the best place to grow, the best places for water. You say profit, but what is profit? Profit is just increasing your wealth isn't it. Wealth takes many forms. It could be food, clothes, homes. Wealth to me is probably totally different to some kid in Somalia. Some kid who has probably killed two or three people just to survive, before he was even 15 years old. To him, taking the largest room, or having the most to eat is his wealth. So, you say profit, but I say profit = wealth. And wealth we all want in some way.
coke is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:54 PM   #30
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
You also have to take into account that amount of people who have died in total over time can exceed the population on Earth.
Gordy is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies

Tags
understand



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I can't understand it dusty Atheism 22 August 9th, 2016 03:05 PM
Do they really care or even understand? roastpork Political Talk 4 April 14th, 2014 04:53 PM
I can understand G and L but why B and T? garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 101 December 10th, 2010 08:00 PM
Please help me understand. FAndy Political Talk 22 December 1st, 2005 07:42 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.