Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies

Political Ideologies For topics and discussions about political ideologies, political parties, and political principles


Thanks Tree20Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:01 PM   #1
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,774
What I Don't Understand

People talk about how horrible socialism is, and how millions of people have died under socialist regimes, right? Let's take a look at capitalism. If you calculated the amount of people who have died under the capitalist system (slavery, war, colonization, homelessness, poor working/living conditions, etc), these deaths, which would probably be in the trillions of properly calculated, are not attributed to capitalism by people who support capitalism. However, capitalists and liberals attribute these things to other factors. Why is that?
Thanks from skews13 and Camelot
Gordy is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:04 PM   #2
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Are you counting victims of the plague as victims of capitalism since that was brought forth with trade? Calculate the amount of people capitalism has killed. I gots a feeling your gonna come up with some off the wall stuff.
coke is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:04 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,637
Doesn't make a damned bit of sense to me, except maybe if ya think about it in the "my shit don't stink" vein....
imaginethat is online now  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:05 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Are you counting victims of the plague as victims of capitalism since that was brought forth with trade? Calculate the amount of people capitalism has killed. I gots a feeling your gonna come up with some off the wall stuff.
No need to go there to come up with a hell of a death count.
imaginethat is online now  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:06 PM   #5
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
People talk about how horrible socialism is, and how millions of people have died under socialist regimes, right? Let's take a look at capitalism. If you calculated the amount of people who have died under the capitalist system (slavery, war, colonization, homelessness, poor working/living conditions, etc), these deaths, which would probably be in the trillions of properly calculated, are not attributed to capitalism by people who support capitalism. However, capitalists and liberals attribute these things to other factors. Why is that?
While your at it. Why don't you explain what Democratic Socialism really is. You would be the first person on the left to actually do that on here
coke is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:09 PM   #6
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
No need to go there to come up with a hell of a death count.
Using the term trillions was the first bullshit flag that went up with the entire statement. But, I am eagerly awaiting an education of how we can link every death to capitalism.
coke is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:13 PM   #7
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Are you counting victims of the plague as victims of capitalism since that was brought forth with trade? Calculate the amount of people capitalism has killed. I gots a feeling your gonna come up with some off the wall stuff.
If you calculate the amount people who died in both of the world wars alone, and of slavery, colonialism, poverty, hunger, homelessness, and poor working conditions, it would probably be somewhere in the billions.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:14 PM   #8
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
While your at it. Why don't you explain what Democratic Socialism really is. You would be the first person on the left to actually do that on here
It's the belief that socialism can be achieved through existing elective politics and not violent revolution.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:16 PM   #9
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Doesn't make a damned bit of sense to me, except maybe if ya think about it in the "my shit don't stink" vein....
This is how I see it. You can also count Islam into this question, or whatever belief system the Elite decide is a threat next. Yesterday it was communism, today it's Islam, and tomorrow it will be something else.
Thanks from Sabcat

Last edited by Gordy; October 31st, 2015 at 10:34 PM.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:17 PM   #10
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
It's the belief that socialism can be achieved through existing elective politics and not violent revolution.
Honest answer! You did not attempt to run from Socialism. You my friend, get a gold star!!!
coke is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies

Tags
understand



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I can't understand it dusty Atheism 22 August 9th, 2016 03:05 PM
Do they really care or even understand? roastpork Political Talk 4 April 14th, 2014 04:53 PM
I can understand G and L but why B and T? garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 101 December 10th, 2010 08:00 PM
Please help me understand. FAndy Political Talk 22 December 1st, 2005 07:42 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.