Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies

Political Ideologies For topics and discussions about political ideologies, political parties, and political principles


Thanks Tree44Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2016, 06:44 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 9,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Why must you be so nasty? If you have an argument, please state it, but your constant insults are tiresome.....and inappropriate.
Yes you are right. Your writing suggests that you have a four year degree from a major University. Let me guess UC Berkeley or Princeton.

Last edited by Twisted Sister; March 18th, 2016 at 06:46 AM.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 07:45 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 5,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
One strategy the GOP is considering is launching a third party candidate, with the hope of denying a majority of the electoral college to any candidate.
Which means the House would decide who was president, one vote for each state, decided by a caucus of that states reps. Paul Ryan would select the next president.

I think to imagine a more divisive situation is fairly difficult.

That would be an absolute cluster***k of monumental proportions. I think it would start a revolution. The GOP has a real problem. This shows their arrogance. They should have shut Trump down far earlier. They assumed he'd be like old Ross Perot. The "little general". The more he talked the more people realized he just wasn't going to work. He of course split the conservative vote and gave the presidency to Clinton. They should have found some dirt on Trump and shoved him out the door very early on. Unless they just want to hand the election to the Dems, they're stuck with him. What they do at their convention is their own business, and they'll only damage themselves. If they mess with the electoral college, YIKES !!!
Thanks from Clara007
BubbaJones is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 08:18 AM   #33
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Why the rush to Dump Trump even by his own party? Trump appeals to angry Americans so is the voting process going to disenfranchise angry Americans?
We can hope.
Thanks from Clara007
RNG is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 08:26 AM   #34
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
One strategy the GOP is considering is launching a third party candidate, with the hope of denying a majority of the electoral college to any candidate.
Which means the House would decide who was president, one vote for each state, decided by a caucus of that states reps. Paul Ryan would select the next president.

I think to imagine a more divisive situation is fairly difficult.
It happened in 1800, this prevents it.
Amendment XII:
The electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;--The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;--the person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President. The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.
Thanks from Jimgorn
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 08:29 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
We can hope.
Oh yes....we only want the fat lazy welfare drones to be happy....Why do those workers whose pockets are being picked to support them have any right ti be angry,,,,,shame on them!!!
Jimgorn is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 08:30 AM   #36
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Oh yes....we only want the fat lazy welfare drones to be happy....Why do those workers whose pockets are being picked to support them have any right ti be angry,,,,,shame on them!!!
In your experience, please rate the quality of decisions made by people when they are angry.
Thanks from Clara007
RNG is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 08:51 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 5,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
In your experience, please rate the quality of decisions made by people when they are angry.

That is a surprisingly insightful comment. It goes along with the one I made yesterday about Trump being the "none of the above" candidate.

Most people can't really tell you why they're voting for Trump. He certainly hasn't spelled out his policies and plans. But you're right, people are angry and he is the closest thing to an outsider we're likely to see.
Thanks from Clara007
BubbaJones is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 08:56 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
In your experience, please rate the quality of decisions made by people when they are angry.
anger is emotion....emotion is a very bad condition in which to make decisions......I do not rate the "anger" of the Trump supporters much different than the "compassion" of the bleeding heart liberals.....they are both decisions made of emotion and not rationale
Thanks from RNG
Jimgorn is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 10:40 AM   #39
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
anger is emotion....emotion is a very bad condition in which to make decisions......I do not rate the "anger" of the Trump supporters much different than the "compassion" of the bleeding heart liberals.....they are both decisions made of emotion and not rationale
Very good point(s).
RNG is offline  
Old March 18th, 2016, 01:57 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 7,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
It happened in 1800, this prevents it.
Amendment XII:
The electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;--The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;--the person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President. The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.
What does it prevent?

Say Kasich runs a third party campaign, and wins Ohio.
Neither Trump nor Clinton gets a majority, and the House selects Kasich as president, (top three vote getters).
Can you imagine a more divisive political landscape?
Thanks from Clara007
goober is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies

Tags
dumping, gop, trumpbut



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump's doctor: Trump 'will be healthiest individual ever elected' president imaginethat Politicians 2 December 15th, 2015 02:37 AM
Obama and Holder permit the dumping of Illegal kids. roastpork Immigration 60 July 24th, 2014 01:15 PM
Hedge funds, insider traders begin dumping Monsanto stock as reality of GMOs sinks in intangible child Current Events 0 August 26th, 2013 03:45 AM
Advertisers Dumping Hate Radio, Not Just Rush skrekk Current Events 58 April 2nd, 2012 12:20 PM
Dog Dumping Scumbags leighredf Crime and Punishment 22 January 9th, 2011 10:03 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.