Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies

Political Ideologies For topics and discussions about political ideologies, political parties, and political principles


Thanks Tree6Thanks
  • 2 Post By coke
  • 1 Post By Hollywood
  • 2 Post By GhostRider
  • 1 Post By Sabcat
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2016, 08:09 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,212
What is the "ALT-RIGHT" Movement??

HERE'S how Breitbart describes it:
The alternative right, more commonly known as the alt-right, is an amorphous movement. Some — mostly Establishment types — insist it’s little more than a vehicle for the worst dregs of human society: anti-Semites, white supremacists, and other members of the Stormfront set. They’re wrong.
Previously an obscure subculture, the alt-right burst onto the national political scene in 2015. Although initially small in number, the alt-right has a youthful energy and jarring, taboo-defying rhetoric that have boosted its membership and made it impossible to ignore.
It has already triggered a string of fearful op-eds and hit pieces from both Left and Right: Lefties dismiss it as racist, while the conservative press, always desperate to avoid charges of bigotry from the Left, has thrown these young readers and voters to the wolves as well.

The text book definition? The "Alternative Right," or more commonly, the "alt right" is a diverse assortment of people, mostly online, who identify as right-wingers but consider themselves either opposed to, or profoundly alienated from mainstream American conservatism — usually because they view it as being too liberal, or preoccupied with the wrong issues.

The Guardian says the alt-right movement lives and breathes online......LIKE HERE on DTT??

Buckle your seat belt for this discussion. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-donald-trump
Clara007 is online now  
Old August 24th, 2016, 08:23 AM   #2
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
/pol/
google search that and you will find what you seek
Thanks from Generaloberst and Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old August 24th, 2016, 08:39 AM   #3
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,406
It is the end of the progressives
Sabcat is offline  
Old August 24th, 2016, 08:41 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
It is the end of the progressives
Only in your fevered dreams kid.
Thanks from GhostRider
Hollywood is offline  
Old August 24th, 2016, 09:28 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
HERE'S how Breitbart describes it:
The alternative right, more commonly known as the alt-right, is an amorphous movement. Some — mostly Establishment types — insist it’s little more than a vehicle for the worst dregs of human society: anti-Semites, white supremacists, and other members of the Stormfront set. They’re wrong.
Previously an obscure subculture, the alt-right burst onto the national political scene in 2015. Although initially small in number, the alt-right has a youthful energy and jarring, taboo-defying rhetoric that have boosted its membership and made it impossible to ignore.
It has already triggered a string of fearful op-eds and hit pieces from both Left and Right: Lefties dismiss it as racist, while the conservative press, always desperate to avoid charges of bigotry from the Left, has thrown these young readers and voters to the wolves as well.

The text book definition? The "Alternative Right," or more commonly, the "alt right" is a diverse assortment of people, mostly online, who identify as right-wingers but consider themselves either opposed to, or profoundly alienated from mainstream American conservatism — usually because they view it as being too liberal, or preoccupied with the wrong issues.

The Guardian says the alt-right movement lives and breathes online......LIKE HERE on DTT??

Buckle your seat belt for this discussion. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-donald-trump
Alt is a common contraction of alternate and app is a common contraction of application. We have to decipher the words to find the true meaning.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old August 24th, 2016, 09:34 AM   #6
Exposing Rightwing lies
 
GhostRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Anywhereiam, USA
Posts: 6,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
HERE'S how Breitbart describes it:
The alternative right, more commonly known as the alt-right, is an amorphous movement. Some — mostly Establishment types — insist it’s little more than a vehicle for the worst dregs of human society: anti-Semites, white supremacists, and other members of the Stormfront set. They’re wrong.
Previously an obscure subculture, the alt-right burst onto the national political scene in 2015. Although initially small in number, the alt-right has a youthful energy and jarring, taboo-defying rhetoric that have boosted its membership and made it impossible to ignore.
It has already triggered a string of fearful op-eds and hit pieces from both Left and Right: Lefties dismiss it as racist, while the conservative press, always desperate to avoid charges of bigotry from the Left, has thrown these young readers and voters to the wolves as well.

The text book definition? The "Alternative Right," or more commonly, the "alt right" is a diverse assortment of people, mostly online, who identify as right-wingers but consider themselves either opposed to, or profoundly alienated from mainstream American conservatism — usually because they view it as being too liberal, or preoccupied with the wrong issues.

The Guardian says the alt-right movement lives and breathes online......LIKE HERE on DTT??

Buckle your seat belt for this discussion. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-donald-trump
The alt righters are nothing more than a cult of low information basement dwellers who live in a video game world. They will get their 30 seconds of fame and slide back into the sewer they crawled out of.😎
Thanks from Twisted Sister and Clara007
GhostRider is offline  
Old August 24th, 2016, 09:39 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
The alt righters are nothing more than a cult of low information basement dwellers who live in a video game world. They will get their 30 seconds of fame and slide back into the sewer they crawled out of.��
Everyone gets fifteen minutes of fame and got mine many decades ago.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old August 24th, 2016, 10:49 AM   #8
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Everyone gets fifteen minutes of fame and got mine many decades ago.
7 minutes in
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies

Tags
altright, movement



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A new UN report "shatters the notion" that Assad is somehow "a lesser evil" than ISIS imaginethat Middle East 28 April 13th, 2016 05:59 AM
Conservative Group Blasts the Pope: "Paganism" Has "Entered the Church" LongWinded Current Events 8 September 29th, 2015 04:00 PM
"The Ringworm Children" (translated in Hebrew as "100000 Rays") intangible child World History 3 May 24th, 2015 06:26 AM
Up-Coming Event: "Kid" Obama To WHUP "conservative"-Butt!!! Medicine Man Current Events 3 July 30th, 2014 10:23 PM
"Farmers' Almanac" predicts a "bitterly cold" winter Uncle Han Current Events 0 August 27th, 2013 04:56 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.