Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies

Political Ideologies For topics and discussions about political ideologies, political parties, and political principles


Thanks Tree43Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2018, 01:26 PM   #31
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
What exactly is your point in saying that?
*speaks very slowly, in a quiet and calming voice*

Hi Hollywood. How are you today? Would you like to be closer to the window so you can look at the birds? Here, let me get you a blanket. There, there...that is much better, huh?
Thanks from Jimmyb, guy39 and Jimgorn
Sabcat is online now  
Old February 25th, 2018, 01:26 PM   #32
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
So your point is that slavery was as successful as it was for as long as it was is because of government?

That is nice.
Because of the slave owners in government, sure.
Lyzza is offline  
Old February 25th, 2018, 01:30 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 23,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
*speaks very slowly, in a quiet and calming voice*

Hi Hollywood. How are you today? Would you like to be closer to the window so you can look at the birds? Here, let me get you a blanket. There, there...that is much better, huh?
Going to dodge the question, huh?

No surprise.
Hollywood is online now  
Old February 25th, 2018, 01:39 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Slavery was ended over a century ago, at least it was supposed to be, based on what it says in the same Constitution. What's this about - why is it in the political ideologies section? Is the Democratic party planning on becoming more overt about trying to bring back slavery, or something?
Of course the Democrat party is wanting a peasant class. How many times have you heard from liberals that illegal aliens will do the jobs American wont. That is nothing but a call for the leftists elites to have a cheap peasant class that will also vote for them.
Thanks from Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Old February 25th, 2018, 01:41 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Isn't/wasn't slavery a political ideology? No one wants to bring back slavery--at least no one that I know.

This is a discussion about the original intent (or at least ONE of the intents) of the 2nd amendment...and WHY it became an amendment.
Slavery was a constitutional right. So, it got repealed. It took a civil war to take away the Democrat elites slaves but it was done. It took a Republican led nation to repeal slavery. That is the history you do not want to talk about

"We need illegal immigrants to do the work Americans will not"- Liberal idealogy
Thanks from Jimgorn
guy39 is offline  
Old February 25th, 2018, 01:47 PM   #36
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Ever see the movie "Django Unchained"?? Leonardo DiCaprio in Django Unchained asks, “Why don’t they just rise up [slaves] and kill the whites?” If the movie were real, it would have been a purely rhetorical question, because every southerner of the era knew the simple answer: Well regulated militias kept the slaves in chains.

Ever wonder why the 2nd Amendment....was/is an amendment??
Curious about the wording of the 2nd Amendment?

James Madison, who had (at Jefferson’s insistence) already begun to prepare proposed amendments to the Constitution, changed his first draft of one that addressed the militia issue to make sure it was unambiguous that the southern states could maintain their slave patrol militias.

His first draft for what became the Second Amendment had said: “The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; a well armed, and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country [emphasis mine]: but no person religiously scrupulous of bearing arms, shall be compelled to render military service in person.”


There's much more: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/sec...serve-slavery/
And what about clause 2 of the 2nd amendment... you seem to shy away from that.

the PEOPLES right. you see the RIGHT TO FORM A WELL REGULATED MILITIA is a right granted to the STATE not the people.

The Peoples right to Keep and bear arms is INDIVIDUAL rights. and the RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE is the right the only right it the constitution that the founders said SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

YOUR problem in your post is you have a right GRANTED TO THE STATE GOVERNMENT being a right of the individual. you got it backward.
Thanks from guy39
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old February 25th, 2018, 01:47 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Well no, not just a personal opinion of mine; it's a pattern I consistently observe. I suppose I may have come across as sounding a bit misleading by virtue of neglecting to put better effort in bringing up the Republican's role in being just as culpable. What I mean is that it's the Democrats who historically were the overt proponents of preserving the institution of slavery, 3/5ths of a person, etc., and they're the ones who are trying to implement Leftist/socialist ideology, which is in essence a form of slavery, by virtue of trying to force the individual to take a back seat to the collective, but it's modern day Republicans who have been responsible, or at least complicit, in trying to strip away the 2nd Amendment, which is in a manner of speaking & for one thing, our insurance policy against being enslaved.
guy39 is offline  
Old February 25th, 2018, 01:51 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
So your point is that slavery was as successful as it was for as long as it was is because of government?

That is nice.


WHAT is wrong with you?? I didn't write the piece. I posted the piece because I thought it was an interesting slant on history.

The point (NOT MINE) is that the 2nd amendment BECAME an amendment because our white, wealthy, slave-owning founders were afraid of a slave uprising IF THE BLACK folks HAD ACCESS TO GUNS and IF their white owners didn't.....

unless I have misunderstood the OP. AND THAT is what I wanted DTT to discuss.

Obviously, you missed THE OBVIOUS...but you've been doing a lot of that lately.
Clara007 is offline  
Old February 25th, 2018, 01:54 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
WHAT is wrong with you?? I didn't write the piece. I posted the piece because I thought it was an interesting slant on history.

The point (NOT MINE) is that the 2nd amendment BECAME an amendment because our white, wealthy, slave-owning founders were afraid of a slave uprising IF THE BLACK folks HAD ACCESS TO GUNS and IF their white owners didn't.....

unless I have misunderstood the OP. AND THAT is what I wanted DTT to discuss.

Obviously, you missed THE OBVIOUS...but you've been doing a lot of that lately.
It would be something if any version of the amendment had some reference to slavery or something in it anything that referenced it but there is absolutely nothing there what so ever.
Thanks from Sabcat
justoneman is offline  
Old February 25th, 2018, 01:56 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
And what about clause 2 of the 2nd amendment... you seem to shy away from that.

the PEOPLES right. you see the RIGHT TO FORM A WELL REGULATED MILITIA is a right granted to the STATE not the people.

The Peoples right to Keep and bear arms is INDIVIDUAL rights. and the RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE is the right the only right it the constitution that the founders said SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

YOUR problem in your post is you have a right GRANTED TO THE STATE GOVERNMENT being a right of the individual. you got it backward.


Right, Einstein. Yeah--I "shied" away from the 2nd clause EVEN THOUGH I posted it.
Clara007 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies

Tags
2nd, amendment, history



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does the 2nd Amendment Make the 1st Amendment Moot? tristanrobin Americas 22 November 22nd, 2017 03:04 PM
No First Amendment right here. roastpork Current Events 1 September 23rd, 2016 02:44 PM
Citing the First Amendment TX Gov. removes display celebrating the First Amendment Nwolfe35 Current Events 70 December 26th, 2015 12:04 PM
Why I'm Proud to Use the Fifth Amendment. RNG Civil Rights 2 May 2nd, 2015 01:06 PM
First Amendment Lives RNG Current Events 8 August 12th, 2013 08:20 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.