Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree9Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,532
Time to go home.... past time........

It's time to let these guys go back to what they do best: share love with their sheep and goats, grow opium, and kill each other.

Quote:
Hamid Karzai says US and Taliban sowing post-2014 fears

President Hamid Karzai has issued a stinging rebuke to the US and the Taliban, saying they are both guilty of sowing fears for post-2014 Afghanistan.

He said Taliban suicide attacks on Saturday were aimed at intimidation that would prolong the presence of international troops in Afghanistan.

The troops are scheduled to end combat missions in 2014.

Mr Karzai has cancelled a scheduled press conference with visiting US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel.

A senior Afghan presidential aide told the BBC this was because of tensions over civilian casualties, the handover of control of Bagram prison and the actions of US Special Forces in Wardak province.

US officials said it was because of security concerns and not the president's recent comments.

Taliban denial

In a nationally televised speech, President Karzai referred to two Taliban attacks on Saturday in Khost and Kabul that left 19 people dead.

He suggested both the US and Taliban were trying to convince Afghans the situation would worsen after 2014.

He said: "Yesterday's bombings in the name of the Taliban were aimed at serving the foreigners and supporting the presence of the foreigners in Afghanistan and keeping them in Afghanistan by intimidating us."

Responding to Mr Karzai's speech, US and Nato forces commander Gen Joseph Dunford said: "We have fought too hard over the past 12 years, we have shed too much blood over the last 12 years, to ever think that violence or instability would be to our advantage."
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:20 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,932
Register heroin addicts and setting up help programs for them would make opium worthless. It would bankrupt the Taliban...

Besides that, imagine the drop in crime rates the world over.

The old saw? "If heroin was made freely available then more people would try it." How? Clinics won't give it to them and the source will have dried up on the streets.

Registration will effectively end the Taliban...

As for this thread: "Okay, Mr Kharzai. We're going...and taking your opium profits with us."
Tony is offline  
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lebanon
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
It's time to let these guys go back to what they do best: share love with their sheep and goats, grow opium, and kill each other.
when u stand against a relative thing then a lot of parasites would come to profit from that relative stand for parasites issues

that is why somewhere existence would b forced to b held only on absolute justifications to b connected to anything else so objective

like here what is ur point, is it drugs or islam or aghanistan, just for the rhyme

ur ideas are totally different to tony but u look here as best pals for the pic of what im sayin
absols is offline  
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #4
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by absols View Post
ur ideas are totally different to tony but u look here as best pals for the pic of what im sayin
It would be good to know what you are saying - for a change.
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by absols View Post
when u stand against a relative thing then a lot of parasites would come to profit from that relative stand for parasites issues

that is why somewhere existence would b forced to b held only on absolute justifications to b connected to anything else so objective

like here what is ur point, is it drugs or islam or aghanistan, just for the rhyme

ur ideas are totally different to tony but u look here as best pals for the pic of what im sayin
Absols...what I'm saying is that money from sale of opium greatly finance the Taliban. Stop the profit and they will go broke. Clear enough???
Tony is offline  
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Register heroin addicts and setting up help programs for them would make opium worthless. It would bankrupt the Taliban...

Besides that, imagine the drop in crime rates the world over.

The old saw? "If heroin was made freely available then more people would try it." How? Clinics won't give it to them and the source will have dried up on the streets.

Registration will effectively end the Taliban...

As for this thread: "Okay, Mr Kharzai. We're going...and taking your opium profits with us."
Ah dude, but isn't it always more FUN to go in and tear up a place? And then rebuild it? Then to have it blown up? Then rebuild it again? And in the meantimes cause a lot of collateral damage, meaning killing fathers and mothers and children and uncles and aunts and cousins, created blood-hatred?

Why would we ever do anything as sensible as you suggested?
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by absols View Post
when u stand against a relative thing then a lot of parasites would come to profit from that relative stand for parasites issues

that is why somewhere existence would b forced to b held only on absolute justifications to b connected to anything else so objective

like here what is ur point, is it drugs or islam or aghanistan, just for the rhyme

ur ideas are totally different to tony but u look here as best pals for the pic of what im sayin
My point is, that the Afghanistan War on the ground was pointless from Day One.

My plan would have been: Conduct a 30-day carpet bombing campaign of Taliban and AQ facilities.

On the last bombing run on Day 30, we drop leaflets promising to be back if anything like 911 ever happens again.

The leaflets would make perfectly clear that if we are forced to return because AQ and the Taliban decided we were bluffing and DID do something stupid again, that the bombing campaign we just concluded will merely be the warm-up compared to the one that will be coming.

Otherwise, we leave them alone, to grow opium and kill each other. That's the way of life they've chosen for themselves. Allāhu Akbar. Who are we to tell them how to live?
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Ah dude, but isn't it always more FUN to go in and tear up a place? And then rebuild it? Then to have it blown up? Then rebuild it again? And in the meantimes cause a lot of collateral damage, meaning killing fathers and mothers and children and uncles and aunts and cousins, created blood-hatred?

Why would we ever do anything as sensible as you suggested?
Two things need to happen if you REALLY want to bring your military to bear:
1> delegate to your generals then get outta the way;
2> go in and totally obliterate the enemy.

If this ain't in the cards...don't do it.

Other than that...destroying their opium trade has too many up-sides to mention...except for the bad guys.

You are quite CORRECT about what you said on the other thread about war and realities of war. Once you know how it tastes you won't try chewing it again.

Like Afghanistan...Iran should either be left alone or go in there and tear them a new national a-hole that actually emits smoke when you leave.

I do think registering addicts is way, way, WAY simpler...won't kill any Good Guys...and can be done in...what...a week?????
Thanks from imaginethat
Tony is offline  
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Two things need to happen if you REALLY want to bring your military to bear:
1> delegate to your generals then get outta the way;
2> go in and totally obliterate the enemy.

If this ain't in the cards...don't do it.

Other than that...destroying their opium trade has too many up-sides to mention...except for the bad guys.

You are quite CORRECT about what you said on the other thread about war and realities of war. Once you know how it tastes you won't try chewing it again.

Like Afghanistan...Iran should either be left alone or go in there and tear them a new national a-hole that actually emits smoke when you leave.

I do think registering addicts is way, way, WAY simpler...won't kill any Good Guys...and can be done in...what...a week?????
War is horrible...war is cruel....war is hell...

So before you decide to go to war make sure that your plan is to make more horrible, more cruel and more hellish for the other guy....

Make sure that they NEVER want to experience it again....


If you aren't willing to do that, then war is not your best option.
Thanks from imaginethat and guy39
Nwolfe35 is online now  
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Two things need to happen if you REALLY want to bring your military to bear:
1> delegate to your generals then get outta the way;
2> go in and totally obliterate the enemy.

If this ain't in the cards...don't do it.

Other than that...destroying their opium trade has too many up-sides to mention...except for the bad guys.

You are quite CORRECT about what you said on the other thread about war and realities of war. Once you know how it tastes you won't try chewing it again.

Like Afghanistan...Iran should either be left alone or go in there and tear them a new national a-hole that actually emits smoke when you leave.

I do think registering addicts is way, way, WAY simpler...won't kill any Good Guys...and can be done in...what...a week?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
War is horrible...war is cruel....war is hell...

So before you decide to go to war make sure that your plan is to make more horrible, more cruel and more hellish for the other guy....

Make sure that they NEVER want to experience it again....

If you aren't willing to do that, then war is not your best option.
We're all on the same page.

I do think in A-stan's case, my 30-day carpet bombing with a return promise would have sufficed. If not, then boots on the ground, enough boots btw.
imaginethat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
home, past, time



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Muslims want to replace Greenwich Mean Time with Mecca Mean Time garysher Religion 29 January 6th, 2014 08:56 PM
It's past time to say adios imaginethat Current Events 53 October 5th, 2012 04:19 PM
Long-Time Member 1st Time Poster ilja New Users 22 July 23rd, 2008 08:37 PM
Biden to Petraeus: Time to bring troops home CNN Current Events 1 September 11th, 2007 08:27 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.