Defending The Truth Political Forum

Defending The Truth Political Forum (http://defendingthetruth.com/political-forums.php)
-   Political Talk (http://defendingthetruth.com/political-talk/)
-   -   Why is "putting America first" a bad thing? (http://defendingthetruth.com/political-talk/59506-why-putting-america-first-bad-thing.html)

Sabcat February 14th, 2017 12:17 PM

Why is "putting America first" a bad thing?
 
King trump ran his campaign under the basic idea of putting America first. For some reason or another this has made the progressives wet themselves. Why is this a bad thing?

excalibur February 14th, 2017 01:14 PM

I would rather say 'put Americans first'.



skews13 February 14th, 2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur (Post 1042789)
I would rather say 'put Americans first'.



http://15130-presscdn-0-89.pagely.ne...7047999217.png

Sabcat February 14th, 2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skews13 (Post 1042791)

And that has absolutely nothing to do w/ the thread. Good job goofball.



http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...pscfufbaem.gif


But hey at least you can amuse the Canadian. Smile.

coke February 14th, 2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skews13 (Post 1042791)

http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.c...2767248021.jpg

pensacola_niceman February 15th, 2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabcat (Post 1042760)
King trump ran his campaign under the basic idea of putting America first. For some reason or another this has made the progressives wet themselves. Why is this a bad thing?

Because, as everybody knows, we should be putting North Korea first and acknowledging the greatness of Kim Jung OOOOOOn!

Jimmyb February 15th, 2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pensacola_niceman (Post 1043074)
Because, as everybody knows, we should be putting North Korea first and acknowledging the greatness of Kim Jung OOOOOOn!

As long as one is not a half brother or uncle.

locke23 February 15th, 2017 02:21 PM

Because when they say that:

1. It really means "America only".

2. It's always been "America first". You think politicians act on issues based on the foreign policy aims of looking after the needs of other countries before that of their own? Whether you're a realist, a liberal, constructivist or whatever in International Relations Theory, that should be clear to you.

3. Isolationism doesn't work. Most great economists, historians, IR scholars, etc agree with this statement.

4. Simply ignoring the plights of the other 6.7 billion people on this planet is pretty fucking cruel when you're arguably the sole superpower of this world.

5. It's a reactionist policy. People are pissy about the government and about how shitty the world is, so some guy pops up promising to make all that go away or not concern the people anymore. That's not a saviour, but a scammer.

Sabcat February 15th, 2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locke23 (Post 1043094)
Because when they say that:

1. It really means "America only".

2. It's always been "America first". You think politicians act on issues based on the foreign policy aims of looking after the needs of other countries before that of their own? Whether you're a realist, a liberal, constructivist or whatever in International Relations Theory, that should be clear to you.

3. Isolationism doesn't work. Most great economists, historians, IR scholars, etc agree with this statement.

4. Simply ignoring the plights of the other 6.7 billion people on this planet is pretty fucking cruel when you're arguably the sole superpower of this world.

5. It's a reactionist policy. People are pissy about the government and about how shitty the world is, so some guy pops up promising to make all that go away or not concern the people anymore. That's not a saviour, but a scammer.

Something, something, something. Zoolander.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psfgvvsgee.gif

iolo February 16th, 2017 04:28 AM

Why is "putting America first" a bad thing?

It depends, I suppose, on what it actually means. If, for instance, it is an excuse for a push back into the Dark Ages and the use if torture, it is putting America first only in the mind of half-wits. If it means condemning millions of others to death to help big business, as with its plan to burn the world for profit, it is probably not really putting America first, but is manifestly a huge crime against humanity anyway. In many cases, it merely means the sick whim of ignorant people, like paying for the racist colonialists of 'Israel' to thieve and murder, to the huge disapprobation of most of the world, it is just an obvious lie. The trick is just to behave decently unless it obviously hurts you, in which case you might well be better off getting a bit of credit for doing the decent thing anyway, like the British getting rid of colonial slavery, at immense cost in compensation to scum like Cameron's ancestors.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:54 AM.


Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.