Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree26Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2017, 01:17 PM   #1
Putin approves
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 18,455
Why is "putting America first" a bad thing?

King trump ran his campaign under the basic idea of putting America first. For some reason or another this has made the progressives wet themselves. Why is this a bad thing?
Sabcat is online now  
Old February 14th, 2017, 02:14 PM   #2
Supra Et Ultra
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,047
I would rather say 'put Americans first'.


Thanks from Sabcat and Pilgrim
excalibur is offline  
Old February 14th, 2017, 02:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 7,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
I would rather say 'put Americans first'.


Thanks from RNG, Camelot and Daws77
skews13 is offline  
Old February 14th, 2017, 03:02 PM   #4
Putin approves
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 18,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
And that has absolutely nothing to do w/ the thread. Good job goofball.






But hey at least you can amuse the Canadian. Smile.
Thanks from excalibur and coke
Sabcat is online now  
Old February 14th, 2017, 04:34 PM   #5
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 11,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Thanks from excalibur and Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old February 15th, 2017, 02:35 PM   #6
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
King trump ran his campaign under the basic idea of putting America first. For some reason or another this has made the progressives wet themselves. Why is this a bad thing?
Because, as everybody knows, we should be putting North Korea first and acknowledging the greatness of Kim Jung OOOOOOn!
Thanks from Sabcat
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old February 15th, 2017, 02:40 PM   #7
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 37,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacola_niceman View Post
Because, as everybody knows, we should be putting North Korea first and acknowledging the greatness of Kim Jung OOOOOOn!
As long as one is not a half brother or uncle.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 15th, 2017, 03:21 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
locke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,848
Because when they say that:

1. It really means "America only".

2. It's always been "America first". You think politicians act on issues based on the foreign policy aims of looking after the needs of other countries before that of their own? Whether you're a realist, a liberal, constructivist or whatever in International Relations Theory, that should be clear to you.

3. Isolationism doesn't work. Most great economists, historians, IR scholars, etc agree with this statement.

4. Simply ignoring the plights of the other 6.7 billion people on this planet is pretty fucking cruel when you're arguably the sole superpower of this world.

5. It's a reactionist policy. People are pissy about the government and about how shitty the world is, so some guy pops up promising to make all that go away or not concern the people anymore. That's not a saviour, but a scammer.
Thanks from imaginethat and Clara007
locke23 is offline  
Old February 15th, 2017, 03:46 PM   #9
Putin approves
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 18,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke23 View Post
Because when they say that:

1. It really means "America only".

2. It's always been "America first". You think politicians act on issues based on the foreign policy aims of looking after the needs of other countries before that of their own? Whether you're a realist, a liberal, constructivist or whatever in International Relations Theory, that should be clear to you.

3. Isolationism doesn't work. Most great economists, historians, IR scholars, etc agree with this statement.

4. Simply ignoring the plights of the other 6.7 billion people on this planet is pretty fucking cruel when you're arguably the sole superpower of this world.

5. It's a reactionist policy. People are pissy about the government and about how shitty the world is, so some guy pops up promising to make all that go away or not concern the people anymore. That's not a saviour, but a scammer.
Something, something, something. Zoolander.

Thanks from coke

Last edited by Sabcat; February 15th, 2017 at 03:58 PM.
Sabcat is online now  
Old February 16th, 2017, 05:28 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
iolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhondda
Posts: 785
Why is "putting America first" a bad thing?

It depends, I suppose, on what it actually means. If, for instance, it is an excuse for a push back into the Dark Ages and the use if torture, it is putting America first only in the mind of half-wits. If it means condemning millions of others to death to help big business, as with its plan to burn the world for profit, it is probably not really putting America first, but is manifestly a huge crime against humanity anyway. In many cases, it merely means the sick whim of ignorant people, like paying for the racist colonialists of 'Israel' to thieve and murder, to the huge disapprobation of most of the world, it is just an obvious lie. The trick is just to behave decently unless it obviously hurts you, in which case you might well be better off getting a bit of credit for doing the decent thing anyway, like the British getting rid of colonial slavery, at immense cost in compensation to scum like Cameron's ancestors.
Thanks from Clara007

Last edited by iolo; February 16th, 2017 at 06:08 AM.
iolo is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
bad, putting america first, thing



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fox Guest Donald Trump: "The Last Thing We Need Is Another Bush" LongWinded Current Events 13 December 17th, 2014 09:55 PM
No such thing as "gay marriage" Nwolfe35 Gay and Lesbian Rights 163 March 17th, 2009 04:46 PM
That "100 Days" Thing OhDear Politicians 6 April 16th, 2007 07:54 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.