Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree17Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2017, 08:29 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,933
Being President is Hard!! Who knew??

President Trump says the demands of the nation’s highest office have caught him by surprise.
In an interview with Reuters published Friday, Trump said the job was “more work” than he was used to.

“I loved my previous life. I had so many things going,” he told Reuters reporters. “This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”

A New York Times analysis found that president spent 19 days at golf courses since taking office and spent about half his weekends at his private club in Palm Beach, Fla.
That’s more time away than former presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton took during their first 100 days, according to the Times.

It’s not the first time Trump has expressed surprise at the gravity of his job. Earlier this week, he spoke in an AP interview about the scope of the responsibility he has.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...OaN/story.html

Put simply: The majority of Americans didn’t think Trump was ready to be president of the United States. Based on his comments about the job being bigger or harder than he thought, that it is more work, it seems safe to say that Trump has also now come to believe that he wasn’t prepared for the office.

AND what about approval numbers? Let's start with congress. 20%
How about lawmakers? Less than 1/3 have a positive image of McConnell and Schumer....there's more. Trump's still at 40%--the lowest approval rating of a new president EVER. Trump’s victory came from voters’ desire for change -- a big part of which was “draining the swamp.” Yet only 43 percent think the president is succeeding in bringing real change to Washington. More, 50 percent, say he’s failing.
Some 46 percent think Trump is keeping his campaign promises in general, while 44 percent disagree.

By a 23-point margin, voters say the United States is less respected rather than more respected compared to one year ago (52 percent less vs. 29 percent more).
That all leads to over half feeling “discouraged” (51 percent) rather than “encouraged” (45 percent) about the next four years. Read more:

Fox News Poll: President Trump's first 100 days getting mixed reviews | Fox News
Clara007 is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 09:31 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,933
Andy Borowitz:
Betsy DeVos Says Media Shouldn’t Emphasize First Hundred Days Because “It’s So Hard
to Count to a Hundred”

The Borowitz Report from Andy Borowitz - The New Yorker
Thanks from RNG
Clara007 is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 09:35 AM   #3
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,652
If that's mixed reviews I'd hate to see bad reviews.
Thanks from Clara007
RNG is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 01:03 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,132
well, I have to give him credit for getting a Supreme Court Justice seated who is going to be a right wing hard liner.
Thanks from McCoy
tristanrobin is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 01:22 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
If that's mixed reviews I'd hate to see bad reviews.


Isn't this scenario a bit like the "nobody knew healthcare was so complicated"??

Jeez Louise.....things must be extremely hard & complicated for the president.
It's a good thing he's got Melania by his side, right?

Seriously, I heard some pundit today say "Being president is a pretty lonely existence. I think Trump is lonely." Hmmmm....never heard THAT one before.
Clara007 is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 01:40 PM   #6
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Isn't this scenario a bit like the "nobody knew healthcare was so complicated"??

Jeez Louise.....things must be extremely hard & complicated for the president.
It's a good thing he's got Melania by his side, right?

Seriously, I heard some pundit today say "Being president is a pretty lonely existence. I think Trump is lonely." Hmmmm....never heard THAT one before.
Probably Ivanka is running it all, like Nancy and her astrologer did for Reagan.
Thanks from Clara007 and McCoy
RNG is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 03:11 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
well, I have to give him credit for getting a Supreme Court Justice seated who is going to be a right wing hard liner.
Mitch McConnell did that.
skews13 is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 03:14 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
President Trump says the demands of the nation’s highest office have caught him by surprise.
In an interview with Reuters published Friday, Trump said the job was “more work” than he was used to.

“I loved my previous life. I had so many things going,” he told Reuters reporters. “This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”

A New York Times analysis found that president spent 19 days at golf courses since taking office and spent about half his weekends at his private club in Palm Beach, Fla.
That’s more time away than former presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton took during their first 100 days, according to the Times.

It’s not the first time Trump has expressed surprise at the gravity of his job. Earlier this week, he spoke in an AP interview about the scope of the responsibility he has.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...OaN/story.html

Put simply: The majority of Americans didn’t think Trump was ready to be president of the United States. Based on his comments about the job being bigger or harder than he thought, that it is more work, it seems safe to say that Trump has also now come to believe that he wasn’t prepared for the office.

AND what about approval numbers? Let's start with congress. 20%
How about lawmakers? Less than 1/3 have a positive image of McConnell and Schumer....there's more. Trump's still at 40%--the lowest approval rating of a new president EVER. Trump’s victory came from voters’ desire for change -- a big part of which was “draining the swamp.” Yet only 43 percent think the president is succeeding in bringing real change to Washington. More, 50 percent, say he’s failing.
Some 46 percent think Trump is keeping his campaign promises in general, while 44 percent disagree.

By a 23-point margin, voters say the United States is less respected rather than more respected compared to one year ago (52 percent less vs. 29 percent more).
That all leads to over half feeling “discouraged” (51 percent) rather than “encouraged” (45 percent) about the next four years. Read more:

Fox News Poll: President Trump's first 100 days getting mixed reviews | Fox News
Before I got elected, all I had to do was lie cheat steal scam and hustle. Now I have to be accountable.
Thanks from RNG, Clara007 and right to left
skews13 is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 07:10 PM   #9
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Before I got elected, all I had to do was lie cheat steal scam and hustle. Now I have to be accountable.
-Bill Clinton
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 09:07 PM   #10
forgot my old user name
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
President Trump says the demands of the nation’s highest office have caught him by surprise.
In an interview with Reuters published Friday, Trump said the job was “more work” than he was used to.

“I loved my previous life. I had so many things going,” he told Reuters reporters. “This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”

A New York Times analysis found that president spent 19 days at golf courses since taking office and spent about half his weekends at his private club in Palm Beach, Fla.
That’s more time away than former presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton took during their first 100 days, according to the Times.

It’s not the first time Trump has expressed surprise at the gravity of his job. Earlier this week, he spoke in an AP interview about the scope of the responsibility he has.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...OaN/story.html

Put simply: The majority of Americans didn’t think Trump was ready to be president of the United States. Based on his comments about the job being bigger or harder than he thought, that it is more work, it seems safe to say that Trump has also now come to believe that he wasn’t prepared for the office.

AND what about approval numbers? Let's start with congress. 20%
How about lawmakers? Less than 1/3 have a positive image of McConnell and Schumer....there's more. Trump's still at 40%--the lowest approval rating of a new president EVER. Trump’s victory came from voters’ desire for change -- a big part of which was “draining the swamp.” Yet only 43 percent think the president is succeeding in bringing real change to Washington. More, 50 percent, say he’s failing.
Some 46 percent think Trump is keeping his campaign promises in general, while 44 percent disagree.

By a 23-point margin, voters say the United States is less respected rather than more respected compared to one year ago (52 percent less vs. 29 percent more).
That all leads to over half feeling “discouraged” (51 percent) rather than “encouraged” (45 percent) about the next four years. Read more:

Fox News Poll: President Trump's first 100 days getting mixed reviews | Fox News
"You mean I have to actually work?"

One silver lining I see with Trump as Pres is that he exposes the profiteering billionaire class for what they are: lazy, arrogant, narcissistic goof-offs who make most of their money by buying political influence. Any actual work is done by underlings, and I think Trump thought that would be part of his plan also, while he would spend his days on the golf course.
Thanks from Clara007
right to left is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
hard, knew, president



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weekly Address: The President’s Budget Ensures Opportunity for All Hard-Working Ameri The White House The White House 0 April 5th, 2014 02:54 AM
Who Knew What When? RNG The White House 0 October 29th, 2013 04:11 PM
Fact Sheet: The President’s Plan to Ensure Hard Work Leads to a Decent Living The White House The White House 0 February 15th, 2013 07:00 AM
Who knew? intangible child Conspiracy Theories 2 August 9th, 2009 06:43 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.