Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2017, 08:33 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,877
Who is Rod J. Rosenstein??

We might as well get to know the new kid on the block at DOJ headquarters. This article, written by Arnold Steinberg--The American Spectator, is pretty interesting.

Steinberg calls Rosenstein, the forgotten man....but not so any more. Rosenstein is the Deputy Attorney General for the United States Department of Justice. Prior to his current appointment, he served as a United States Attorney for the District of Maryland. Rosenstein was a former nominee to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. At the time of his confirmation as Deputy Attorney general in April 2017, he was the nation's longest-serving U.S. attorney.
Donald Trump nominated Rosenstein to serve as Deputy Attorney General for the United States Department of Justice on January 13, 2017. Rosenstein was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on April 25, 2017.
A graduate from Harvard Law School — where he edited the Harvard Law Review — Rosenstein started his career with the Department of Justice in 1990. Rosenstein has served under GW Bush--with Eric Holder and Barack Obama. He was also involved in the Whitewater investigation via Bill Clinton so this guy has chops.
But now what? Since Jeff Sessions recused himself from the Russia probe, Rod Rosensteing is the big kahuna. And now, the forgotten man, is making headlines because it was HIS letter that hit the media after the firing of Comey. It was Rosenstein who said the decision was all about Comey’s mishandling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation and didn’t have anything to do with the FBI’s investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties with Russia. And it will be Rosenstein—a man who has always prided himself on doing his job in a manner untainted by politics—whose reputation will be on the line as reporters dig into the machinations behind Comey’s ouster. This ought to be good and some might say Rosenstein is being USED. Time will tell. There's no doubt that Trump needs a pawn and what better guy that Rosenstein.
The Spectator article focuses on Rosenstein's integrity and the fact that Democrats seem to like him. "On April 3 the Senate Judiciary Committee voted 19-to-1 (this is not a typo) to report the Rosenstein nomination to the full Senate. Only Connecticut Sen. Richard Blumenthal voted no, because Rosenstein said he would appoint a special counsel (for the Russia investigation)...."

Although I don't agree with some points in the article, it's well written and a good read for those who want a bigger picture on Comey, the FBI and the DOJ.

https://spectator.org/rod-j-rosenste...forgotten-man/

p.s. One of the comments following the article caught my attention--as they often do: "This article is further proof that Arnold Steinberg gets paid by the word."

Reminds me of some of our DTT posters. LOL
Clara007 is offline  
Old May 10th, 2017, 08:52 AM   #2
Banned
 
Santa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
We might as well get to know the new kid on the block at DOJ headquarters. This article, written by Arnold Steinberg--The American Spectator, is pretty interesting.

Steinberg calls Rosenstein, the forgotten man....but not so any more. Rosenstein is the Deputy Attorney General for the United States Department of Justice. Prior to his current appointment, he served as a United States Attorney for the District of Maryland. Rosenstein was a former nominee to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. At the time of his confirmation as Deputy Attorney general in April 2017, he was the nation's longest-serving U.S. attorney.
Donald Trump nominated Rosenstein to serve as Deputy Attorney General for the United States Department of Justice on January 13, 2017. Rosenstein was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on April 25, 2017.
A graduate from Harvard Law School — where he edited the Harvard Law Review — Rosenstein started his career with the Department of Justice in 1990. Rosenstein has served under GW Bush--with Eric Holder and Barack Obama. He was also involved in the Whitewater investigation via Bill Clinton so this guy has chops.
But now what? Since Jeff Sessions recused himself from the Russia probe, Rod Rosensteing is the big kahuna. And now, the forgotten man, is making headlines because it was HIS letter that hit the media after the firing of Comey. It was Rosenstein who said the decision was all about Comey’s mishandling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation and didn’t have anything to do with the FBI’s investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties with Russia. And it will be Rosenstein—a man who has always prided himself on doing his job in a manner untainted by politics—whose reputation will be on the line as reporters dig into the machinations behind Comey’s ouster. This ought to be good and some might say Rosenstein is being USED. Time will tell. There's no doubt that Trump needs a pawn and what better guy that Rosenstein.
The Spectator article focuses on Rosenstein's integrity and the fact that Democrats seem to like him. "On April 3 the Senate Judiciary Committee voted 19-to-1 (this is not a typo) to report the Rosenstein nomination to the full Senate. Only Connecticut Sen. Richard Blumenthal voted no, because Rosenstein said he would appoint a special counsel (for the Russia investigation)...."

Although I don't agree with some points in the article, it's well written and a good read for those who want a bigger picture on Comey, the FBI and the DOJ.

https://spectator.org/rod-j-rosenste...forgotten-man/

p.s. One of the comments following the article caught my attention--as they often do: "This article is further proof that Arnold Steinberg gets paid by the word."

Reminds me of some of our DTT posters. LOL
Give it up, he was approved 94-6.
Santa is offline  
Old May 10th, 2017, 10:31 AM   #3
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: North
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
Give it up, he was approved 94-6.


As I pointed out on two other threads.

He also served in the Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations.

But that has not stopped RNG from smearing the man, and Clara trying to say something here.
Baby Ray is offline  
Old May 10th, 2017, 10:32 AM   #4
Banned
 
Santa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Ray View Post
As I pointed out on two other threads.

He also served in the Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations.

But that has not stopped RNG from smearing the man, and Clara trying to say something here.
Party uber alles for the Left.
Santa is offline  
Old May 10th, 2017, 11:16 AM   #5
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Ray View Post
As I pointed out on two other threads.

He also served in the Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations.

But that has not stopped RNG from smearing the man, and Clara trying to say something here.
You sir are a liar.

I have never mentioned Rosenstein and this is my first post in this thread.
RNG is offline  
Old May 10th, 2017, 11:51 AM   #6
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: North
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
You sir are a liar.

I have never mentioned Rosenstein and this is my first post in this thread.




You smeared him on another thread. I never said you did it on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
So he can lie as well as Trump. That's why he was appointed.

Last edited by Baby Ray; May 10th, 2017 at 11:56 AM.
Baby Ray is offline  
Old May 10th, 2017, 12:02 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: upnorth
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
This article, written by Arnold Steinberg.......
The Spectator article focuses on Rosenstein's integrity ........
Jewish Magazine, Jewish author, promoting Jew Rosenstein. He's got integrity because they say so.
Pilgrim is offline  
Old May 10th, 2017, 01:12 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
Give it up, he was approved 94-6.


HUH??? Are you impaired in some way? Give WHAT UP? It's an article about the man who is leading the Russia probe.

You are so strange.
Clara007 is offline  
Old May 10th, 2017, 01:20 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Ray View Post
As I pointed out on two other threads.

He also served in the Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations.

But that has not stopped RNG from smearing the man, and Clara trying to say something here.


What is wrong with you?? So I echoed your statements about Rosenstein serving Bush, Obama and investigating Watergate....? This is an information piece--a piece that asks some probing questions and gives us more history behind a man that's about to take center stage and somehow that leads you to criticize RNG and imply that I am trying to....do what...exactly?

Isn't it possible for you to read a piece written by a political pundit (that you don't know) without criticism?? There are things we agree on. Is that too much to process?

AND BTW, I had no previous knowledge of Rosenstein and I posted the article because I thought it was interesting. It was NOT meant as a political post---just an FYI.

Last edited by Clara007; May 10th, 2017 at 01:23 PM.
Clara007 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
rod, rosenstein



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.