Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree23Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2017, 07:53 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,945
Dems Unfair but Very Real Problem

I hesitate to post this thread.......because it begins with Clinton, so I know what trashing and thrashing is about to commence. But the piece asks very relevant questions.
The DNC DOES have some very real problems that need fixing and the article does offer suggestions. Mostly I agree with the author.

To those on the Right, unless you have something open-minded to offer, please don't bother to post. WE all know how most of you (all of you?) feel about Clinton and ultimately this isn't about Clinton. It's about a Democratic candidate for 2020 and getting Dem supporters to the polls.

How Hillary Clinton Embodies the Democrats? Unfair but Very Real Problem
Thanks from McCoy
Clara007 is offline  
Old September 12th, 2017, 08:34 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,797
I hate to say it - but I think it's a losing cause.

But, I don't believe it's the fault of the Democrats.

As the article states, Hillary (and most other DNC candidates, for that matter) speak to the 'common man's' problems as often, if not much more often, than the right does. Granted, some do it better than others - but the message is out there.

The real problem, sadly, is the middle class of America. We have grown into a nation of self-centered, self-important, greedy, mean-spirited spoiled brats with little or no compassion and little or no empathy for anybody in a different social/ethnic/racial/religious group than they are in. And, because so much of the Democrats' platform is based on OTHERS' rights, and problems, and issues, it is simply not 'speaking' to the great middle America. As somebody on this forum said to me last week, "I don't give a rat's ass - I have my own problems."

And I don't see much changing - in fact, with Trump's blessing now, it's getting worse.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old September 12th, 2017, 08:48 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 16,775
Even before the sale date, Amazon and Walmart are marking the book down by 40%. This article applies the same idiotic blame-game that Hillary used in her book. The simple truth is, people are not buying into the socialist agenda of the Democratic Party.
Thanks from Sensible
caconservative is offline  
Old September 12th, 2017, 09:15 AM   #4
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,812
How could the democrats gain votes.?

Support immigration controls

Cut taxes

Love the USA

Condemn Islamic terrorism

Stop using public offices for personal enrichment

Drop socialism

Stop pushing abortion
webguy4 is offline  
Old September 12th, 2017, 09:30 AM   #5
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,832
I totally disagree with the article. From what I saw and experienced, if in fact the article is accurate in saying a large part of the Democrat's message in 2016 was related to the common man, then all their speechwriters, communications experts and media consultants should be sued. It did not come across as such.

Bernie did a good job at that and when it came out that the DNC buried him, it hurt bad. And the whole email thing, true or not was not handled well (back to speechwriters, communications and media failure) and that hurt. And then one that isn't on them. The assholey way Comey handled and timed his ludicrous announcements hurt.

But in spite of all that, Hillary still came across as Wall St.'s favorite, not a supporter of average folk.
Thanks from Camelot and Sabcat
RNG is offline  
Old September 12th, 2017, 09:35 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 16,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
I totally disagree with the article. From what I saw and experienced, if in fact the article is accurate in saying a large part of the Democrat's message in 2016 was related to the common man, then all their speechwriters, communications experts and media consultants should be sued. It did not come across as such.

Bernie did a good job at that and when it came out that the DNC buried him, it hurt bad. And the whole email thing, true or not was not handled well (back to speechwriters, communications and media failure) and that hurt. And then one that isn't on them. The assholey way Comey handled and timed his ludicrous announcements hurt.

But in spite of all that, Hillary still came across as Wall St.'s favorite, not a supporter of average folk.
You've made some good points. The Democrats beat themselves.
Thanks from Sensible
caconservative is offline  
Old September 12th, 2017, 09:50 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Upside Down
Posts: 159
Hillary the Grifter could care less about the "common man".

The rest of the party keeps moving further to the left with haters like Kamala Harris.
Hashtag is offline  
Old September 12th, 2017, 10:19 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
How could the democrats gain votes.?

Support immigration controls

Cut taxes

Love the USA

Condemn Islamic terrorism

Stop using public offices for personal enrichment

Drop socialism

Stop pushing abortion
what an unadulterated crock of shit

deceitful and dishonest
tristanrobin is offline  
Old September 12th, 2017, 01:59 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 8,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
I hate to say it - but I think it's a losing cause.

But, I don't believe it's the fault of the Democrats.

As the article states, Hillary (and most other DNC candidates, for that matter) speak to the 'common man's' problems as often, if not much more often, than the right does. Granted, some do it better than others - but the message is out there.

The real problem, sadly, is the middle class of America. We have grown into a nation of self-centered, self-important, greedy, mean-spirited spoiled brats with little or no compassion and little or no empathy for anybody in a different social/ethnic/racial/religious group than they are in. And, because so much of the Democrats' platform is based on OTHERS' rights, and problems, and issues, it is simply not 'speaking' to the great middle America. As somebody on this forum said to me last week, "I don't give a rat's ass - I have my own problems."

And I don't see much changing - in fact, with Trump's blessing now, it's getting worse.
It's three years before the 2020 elections, in 2005 had anyone heard of Barack Obama?
The process hasn't even begun, so it's a little early to declare that it won't produce a great candidate.
And Trump has three years to produce the record that he'll run on, and so far, he really hasn't produced much, the economy of the first six months of Trump is pretty much the same economy we had during the last six months of Obama.

The emperor has no clothes, more people can see that, although here are plenty who would rather pretend they can see him wearing a beautiful suit, even though they can see there's nothing there.

In three years, the benefit of the doubt stage will be long over.
Thanks from Clara007
goober is offline  
Old September 12th, 2017, 02:07 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,797
I'm sure the GOP primary will run a serious contender against him.
tristanrobin is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
dems, problem, real, unfair



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The President's Very Real Military Problem antares Current Events 6 June 7th, 2014 04:05 PM
Our real problem? roastpork Current Events 20 October 1st, 2013 05:01 AM
See the real problem red ink Our worst enemy. TNVolunteer73 Current Events 49 April 13th, 2013 07:58 PM
The Real Laugher Curve ball... Obama's solution to our debt problem. TNVolunteer73 Current Events 10 March 18th, 2013 11:47 AM
Lieberman a major problem for Senate Dems on health care CNN Current Events 12 December 16th, 2009 06:56 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.