Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree60Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2017, 11:53 PM   #31
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,934
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Until the mid to late 1970s there was NO MARITAL RAPE in this country either !!!! If you were married, you could NOT rape your wife. Under the law access to her body was YOUR RIGHT !!! It was also taken for granted by police that beating your wife was acceptable. NO man went to jail for "disciplining" his wife !! Hell in Louisiana, until 1980 a woman was obligated BY LAW to hand over her paycheck to her husband if he so requested.

We are simply NOT that far removed from those old misogynistic ways and LAWS. We've come a long way in 30 years, but there are still far too many men that STILL believe that way.

Yes Islam is horrible, but don't fool yourself into thinking we're all that much better !!!
In the millenia of years perspective, Christianity is like the older brother who just moved out of the house and got a job, looking down at the younger brother who is still putzing around as a teen-ager.
Meanwhile, AS I POINTED OUT, the far right-wing terrorist groups are STILL providing most of the terror in this country, but much of Christianity doesn't want to admit it...
Thanks from iolo
foundit66 is offline  
Old October 23rd, 2017, 11:54 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
you sick fuck.

if this is really how you think, you need to be locked up for everyones protection. after all, you are a western man, this must be your attitude.

also, fuck you, i dont think any of this, how dare you accuse me of being as perverse as you are.

AND YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU SANCTIMONIOUS FUCKING TWATWAFFLE !!!! I wasn't ACCUSING YO(U of anything. I was merely responding to your comments. How dare YOU ACCUSE ME OF SUCH THINGS !!!! I am saddened and horrified that this attitude still exists in this country.

You say it doesn't exist, SO DO MOST OF THE MEN WHO HAVE THAT ATTITUDE !!!!! YOU are most likely the one that thinks this way NOT the person pointing out that it STILL EXISTS.

I was merely providing a history lesson and explaining just how pervasive and dangerously subtle that attitude truly is. I'm NOT the one that blames women for getting raped. I'm not the one that asks those questions. I was EXPOSING THE TRUTH about how men in western society generally think.

My comment were NOT an indictment or accusation of you and your attitude but if you took it that way maybe you should take a long hard look at your attitudes towards women !!!!
Thanks from imaginethat, RNG and Clara007
BubbaJones is offline  
Old October 24th, 2017, 10:08 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in that one house at that location over there
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
AND YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU SANCTIMONIOUS FUCKING TWATWAFFLE !!!! I wasn't ACCUSING YO(U of anything. I was merely responding to your comments. How dare YOU ACCUSE ME OF SUCH THINGS !!!! I am saddened and horrified that this attitude still exists in this country.

You say it doesn't exist, SO DO MOST OF THE MEN WHO HAVE THAT ATTITUDE !!!!! YOU are most likely the one that thinks this way NOT the person pointing out that it STILL EXISTS.

I was merely providing a history lesson and explaining just how pervasive and dangerously subtle that attitude truly is. I'm NOT the one that blames women for getting raped. I'm not the one that asks those questions. I was EXPOSING THE TRUTH about how men in western society generally think.

My comment were NOT an indictment or accusation of you and your attitude but if you took it that way maybe you should take a long hard look at your attitudes towards women !!!!
Yes it was. You may not have realized it but you are basically advocating for teaching men to not rape. By doing so you are, in my opinion, unaware that to have that stance you must first assume most men are rapists. It has nothing to do with what she was wearing.
Thanks from Sabcat and Marcus Livius
guy39 is offline  
Old October 24th, 2017, 10:35 AM   #34
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
AND YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU SANCTIMONIOUS FUCKING TWATWAFFLE !!!! I wasn't ACCUSING YO(U of anything. I was merely responding to your comments. How dare YOU ACCUSE ME OF SUCH THINGS !!!! I am saddened and horrified that this attitude still exists in this country.

You say it doesn't exist, SO DO MOST OF THE MEN WHO HAVE THAT ATTITUDE !!!!! YOU are most likely the one that thinks this way NOT the person pointing out that it STILL EXISTS.

I was merely providing a history lesson and explaining just how pervasive and dangerously subtle that attitude truly is. I'm NOT the one that blames women for getting raped. I'm not the one that asks those questions. I was EXPOSING THE TRUTH about how men in western society generally think.

My comment were NOT an indictment or accusation of you and your attitude but if you took it that way maybe you should take a long hard look at your attitudes towards women !!!!
Dear Bubba Jones and Hot Dragon; You are both excellent contributors to DTT IMO. It seems that a simple difference of interpretation has taken place. Please take a deep breath and a moment so that the situation can de-escalate. Life is too short for good folks to over boil. Thanks.
Thanks from imaginethat and Hollywood
Camelot is offline  
Old October 24th, 2017, 11:09 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Yes it was. You may not have realized it but you are basically advocating for teaching men to not rape. By doing so you are, in my opinion, unaware that to have that stance you must first assume most men are rapists. It has nothing to do with what she was wearing.
Teaching men not to rape is a bad thing ?? Illustrating the double standard that most of western society still applies to women's sexuality is a bad thing ?? This is where is starts. WHY ARE men who have multiple lovers in their life time basically given a pass by other men. But those same men will condemn a woman for having the same number of lovers ??? Explaining the historical roots and the subsequent down stream effects are a bad thing ??

Please explain how I have it all wrong ?? I listed more than a dozen questions that are routinely ask of rape victims. Those same questions, or more accurately comment on those subjects, make up the majority of the gossip that inevitably surrounds a rape. Especially when the male is popular and or attractive.

When an ugly, 50 year old, black man rapes a 19 year old white woman, no one really questions his guilt or her story. But let an attractive affluent white male, especially an athlete, rape the same woman, and EVERY ONE QUESTIONS HER STORY !!! And the questions I posed and many, many more WILL be asked of her.

I'm haven't assumed that ALL men are rapist. What I AM saying is the most men and sadly a lot of women, do in fact have a tendency to blame victims, even if oh so subtlety. At least they question the validity of the accusation and implant doubt in the mind of the victim. Often without even realizing they're doing it.

We ARE getting better, but most of the improvement has come just in my lifetime. We have a long way to go. If someone can't at least acknowledge the double standard exists, then they are most likely part of the problem.
Thanks from Clara007
BubbaJones is offline  
Old October 24th, 2017, 12:28 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in that one house at that location over there
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Gordy, I've been told on several occasions that there is no such thing as a rape culture in this country. It's all in my imagination.
There is no culture of rape in the United States. I agree, it is in your imagination
Thanks from Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Old October 24th, 2017, 12:29 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in that one house at that location over there
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Teaching men not to rape is a bad thing ?? Illustrating the double standard that most of western society still applies to women's sexuality is a bad thing ?? This is where is starts. WHY ARE men who have multiple lovers in their life time basically given a pass by other men. But those same men will condemn a woman for having the same number of lovers ??? Explaining the historical roots and the subsequent down stream effects are a bad thing ??

Please explain how I have it all wrong ?? I listed more than a dozen questions that are routinely ask of rape victims. Those same questions, or more accurately comment on those subjects, make up the majority of the gossip that inevitably surrounds a rape. Especially when the male is popular and or attractive.

When an ugly, 50 year old, black man rapes a 19 year old white woman, no one really questions his guilt or her story. But let an attractive affluent white male, especially an athlete, rape the same woman, and EVERY ONE QUESTIONS HER STORY !!! And the questions I posed and many, many more WILL be asked of her.

I'm haven't assumed that ALL men are rapist. What I AM saying is the most men and sadly a lot of women, do in fact have a tendency to blame victims, even if oh so subtlety. At least they question the validity of the accusation and implant doubt in the mind of the victim. Often without even realizing they're doing it.

We ARE getting better, but most of the improvement has come just in my lifetime. We have a long way to go. If someone can't at least acknowledge the double standard exists, then they are most likely part of the problem.
Yes having a policy of teaching all men to not rape is implying that all men are inherently rapists. That is wrong, its deceitful and its doing nothing but furthering an agenda of Marxist styled feminism that teaches subjugation of men.

Any accusation should be questioned. We as a nation have a principle of innocent until proven guilty. On College campuses across the nation this was thrown into the wind in favor of some political correctness based on a fabrication. 1 in 5 women are not raped in the United States. That is a lie. Sabcat in an earlier post was correct. If you change the definition of rape then you can reach any number you want to in order to push a narrative you desire. Stare rape for instance.

Read this piece. Tell me if you can honestly disagree with it
https://www.city-journal.org/html/ca...yth-13061.html
Thanks from Sabcat

Last edited by guy39; October 24th, 2017 at 12:35 PM.
guy39 is offline  
Old October 24th, 2017, 12:35 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Gordy, I've been told on several occasions that there is no such thing as a rape culture in this country. It's all in my imagination.
In feminist theory, rape culture is a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality. The sociology of rape culture is studied academically by feminists, but there is disagreement over what defines a rape culture and as to whether any given societies meet the criteria to be considered a rape culture.

It DOESN'T exist tweedle dee.
Thanks from guy39 and Sabcat
Quigley is offline  
Old October 24th, 2017, 03:07 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Were they all men?


Of course.
Clara007 is offline  
Old October 24th, 2017, 04:22 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
AND YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU SANCTIMONIOUS FUCKING TWATWAFFLE !!!! I wasn't ACCUSING YO(U of anything. I was merely responding to your comments. How dare YOU ACCUSE ME OF SUCH THINGS !!!! I am saddened and horrified that this attitude still exists in this country.

You say it doesn't exist, SO DO MOST OF THE MEN WHO HAVE THAT ATTITUDE !!!!! YOU are most likely the one that thinks this way NOT the person pointing out that it STILL EXISTS.

I was merely providing a history lesson and explaining just how pervasive and dangerously subtle that attitude truly is. I'm NOT the one that blames women for getting raped. I'm not the one that asks those questions. I was EXPOSING THE TRUTH about how men in western society generally think.

My comment were NOT an indictment or accusation of you and your attitude but if you took it that way maybe you should take a long hard look at your attitudes towards women !!!!
you dont think women are to blame for being raped

neither does gordy

neither does camelot

neither do i

neither do the courts

neither do judges

neither do the overwhelming majority of lawmakers at all levels of government.

we ARE western men, and we do NOT think its her fault

therefore:

its FALSE that western culture blames women for being raped.

there are some sexist assholes who individually feel 'their woman' is 'their property' and 'sluts are asking for it' but those individuals do not define western culture.
Thanks from guy39 and Marcus Livius
hot dragon is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
attackers, claim, coverage, islam, lot, media, nonmuslim



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Media News Coverage Bias Flipping? Generaloberst Current Events 11 November 4th, 2016 11:03 AM
Big media's sneering, dismissive coverage of Bernie Sanders is a plague on democracy LongWinded Current Events 0 June 3rd, 2015 02:17 PM
Media Erroneously Claim Obama Overstepped His Authority By Restoring Diplomatic Relat LongWinded Current Events 0 December 18th, 2014 12:49 PM
Conservative Media Cite Widely Discredited Research To Falsely Claim Immigration Exec LongWinded Current Events 2 November 26th, 2014 11:26 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.