Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree107Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2017, 03:32 PM   #71
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
It sure isn't. And here's the big question. Why do we have regulations to begin with?

Greedy capitalists have used unregulated capitalism to put as much of the cost of their doing business onto the public sector, while they expose their employees to dangerous working conditions.

Like, what shall we do with all this industrial waste we've created? Dump it in the river, or in "holding ponds" that will require close observation and maintenance for centuries.

I'm not speculating here. We have had rivers on fire.

Getting a handle on pollution is a multi-generational effort. Trump has set us back at least a generation, and more if he gets his way on all he wants.

Stupid, stupid rightists who reflexively think: regulations, bad.

Before these life saving regulations businesses were directly responsible for any negitive effect they had on the community. Now they must just jump thru the hoops of the state to avoid them. Not only do these regulations protect these evil capitalists that you so despise but they help price out the compitition and are used as a spring board for monopolies.
Sabcat is offline  
Old November 10th, 2017, 05:33 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Before these life saving regulations businesses were directly responsible for any negitive effect they had on the community. Now they must just jump thru the hoops of the state to avoid them. Not only do these regulations protect these evil capitalists that you so despise but they help price out the compitition and are used as a spring board for monopolies.
What a crock of shit.

They were "directly RESPONSIBLE to the community."
IF the fucking community had the resources, technical and financial, and ability to PROVE that a given company was wholly responsible for the presence of a pollutant. and that pollutant had caused measurable damage to the community and/or it's citizens.
Private citizens were allowed on company property to monitor what the company is doing?
Private citizens could afford to hire the chemists, hydrologists, the scientists needed to prove much of fucking anything where a pollutant's damage to a community is concerned?
You know why they put things like oil refineries or chemical plants in POOR, or working class, communities? THEY HAVE LESS MONEY FOR LAWYERS AND HIRED EXPERTS THAN RICH COMMUNITIES!

The entire fucking point of something liked the EPA is they have to authority to inspect facilities, to put safeguards in place and if you continue to fuck up they DO have the scientists, the lawyers the fucking money to haul you into court and prove their case.

You say, "Now they must just jump through hoops of the state to avoid them." To avoid what? Harming the community? Clarify that statement for me.
Thanks from imaginethat
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 11th, 2017, 10:41 AM   #73
forgot my old user name
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Yep. The "system" is operating exactly how it is supposed to. Clearly, we don't have any consent.
My friends and sources stateside on the left side of the "left" party are in a state of turmoil right now because it is starting to become more obvious after Donna Brazile's book release...and attempts to walk back the contents, that Bernie Sanders has also known all of the dirt and details about how the DNC became bankrupt and dependent on money from the Clinton Campaign, and had been in collusion to fix the nomination for Clinton even before the campaign started.

So, what was Bernie there for? To try to modestly push a few issues Democrats used to support:universal healthcare, free or low cost university tuition and raising the minimum wage, all in return for sucking all the oxygen out of the room for any third party movements to rise up through the cracks of the duopoly system?

If it worked last year, it's not going to work much longer! As I heard about the recent elections, there were 15 DSA-endorsed candidates who were able to break through and replace either Republicans or Democratic Party hacks that have overstayed their welcome!

I don't know if DSA is the vehicle for launching a third party movement...so far, they'll endorse Democrat candidates who pass a litmus test and win local DSA support. But, it's a sign that the old ways of tamping down the left...running a "sheepdog" candidate like Bernie this last time...to keep the left molified and unorganized just is not working anymore!
right to left is offline  
Old November 11th, 2017, 10:45 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
What a crock of shit.

They were "directly RESPONSIBLE to the community."
IF the fucking community had the resources, technical and financial, and ability to PROVE that a given company was wholly responsible for the presence of a pollutant. and that pollutant had caused measurable damage to the community and/or it's citizens.
Private citizens were allowed on company property to monitor what the company is doing?
Private citizens could afford to hire the chemists, hydrologists, the scientists needed to prove much of fucking anything where a pollutant's damage to a community is concerned?
You know why they put things like oil refineries or chemical plants in POOR, or working class, communities? THEY HAVE LESS MONEY FOR LAWYERS AND HIRED EXPERTS THAN RICH COMMUNITIES!

The entire fucking point of something liked the EPA is they have to authority to inspect facilities, to put safeguards in place and if you continue to fuck up they DO have the scientists, the lawyers the fucking money to haul you into court and prove their case.

You say, "Now they must just jump through hoops of the state to avoid them." To avoid what? Harming the community? Clarify that statement for me.
Doesn't need clarification. No one else here needs clarification. Sounds like a personal problem. I think you need more "fucking" words to really emphasize that you are emphatic about this topic. Thank me. I'm welcome.
Thanks from Sabcat
BS Filter is offline  
Old November 11th, 2017, 11:48 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
1969. I don't think Trump wants to see burning rivers any more than I do. How absurd to suggest such a thing.
I don't think any pre-1969 president "wanted" to see burning rivers, but when you're in competition and you need an edge over your competitors, well heck man, let's dump this stuff in the river.

Remember: The solution to pollution is dilution was an industrial credo for quite a while.
Thanks from Hollywood
imaginethat is offline  
Old November 11th, 2017, 12:14 PM   #76
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
OH, so you LIKE flammable mattresses?? Coal debris in your rivers? More endangered species? Safety regulations removed from the workplace? Loosening financial regulations for Wall St?
The " sky is falling" argument. LOL...
Thanks from Sabcat
caconservative is offline  
Old November 11th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #77
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
Doesn't need clarification. No one else here needs clarification. Sounds like a personal problem. I think you need more "fucking" words to really emphasize that you are emphatic about this topic. Thank me. I'm welcome.
That rather long post of mine and THAT is the ONLY thing you comment on?
How interesting.
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 11th, 2017, 01:25 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
That rather long post of mine and THAT is the ONLY thing you comment on?
How interesting.
Yes, because your rather long post really doesn't make a point. Like I said, no one else asked for clarification. You do that a lot. Apparently, most of these topics are over your head because you're continually asking for clarification while accusing others of poor reading comprehension. Perhaps you should take some high school classes because these topics aren't that demanding.

Last edited by BS Filter; November 11th, 2017 at 01:30 PM.
BS Filter is offline  
Old November 11th, 2017, 01:28 PM   #79
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
Yes, because your rather long post really doesn't make a point.
Why are you wasting your time. This thread has potential.
Sabcat is offline  
Old November 11th, 2017, 01:41 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
Yes, because your rather long post really doesn't make a point. Like I said, no one else asked for clarification. You do that a lot. Apparently, most of these topics are over your head because you're continually asking for clarification while accusing others of poor reading comprehension. Perhaps you should take some high school classes because these topics aren't that demanding.
Hardly my problem you did not see a point. *shrug*
What does in matter than no one else asked for clarification, I did.
Hollywood is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
democracy, life, support



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texas Hospital Complies With Court Order To Remove Brain Dead Woman From Life Support skews13 Current Events 19 January 29th, 2014 04:13 PM
Judge: Remove Life Support For Pregnant Woman excalibur Current Events 1 January 24th, 2014 03:29 PM
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Haribol2332 Religion 4 December 8th, 2013 09:23 AM
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Jaya Jagannath Conspiracy Theories 2 October 29th, 2013 03:53 AM
Atheist Life vs. Religious Life tadpole256 Atheism 4 February 14th, 2009 07:03 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.