Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree107Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:13 AM   #81
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Before these life saving regulations businesses were directly responsible for any negitive effect they had on the community. Now they must just jump thru the hoops of the state to avoid them. Not only do these regulations protect these evil capitalists that you so despise but they help price out the compitition and are used as a spring board for monopolies.
That's such total bullshit as mines all over Colorado which predated regulations are leaking toxic metals into our streams. They did it because just like every good capitalist their only concern was profit.

So no, your opening premise is bullshit. The rest of your post is bullshit as well.
Thanks from Camelot
imaginethat is offline  
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:16 AM   #82
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
That's such total bullshit as mines all over Colorado which predated regulations are leaking toxic metals into our streams. They did it because just like every good capitalist their only concern was profit.

So no, your opening premise is bullshit. The rest of your post is bullshit as well.
What mines? Are they still being mined in the way that they were that "pre dated" regulations?

What toxic metals are these mines leaking that pre date regulations?
Sabcat is offline  
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:18 AM   #83
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Hardly my problem you did not see a point. *shrug*
What does in matter than no one else asked for clarification, I did.
There was no need for clarification. A 7th grader could understand. It's one of your tactics. Like I said, you repeat the same old tired game, demand clarification and accuse poor reading comprehension. You're a boor.
BS Filter is offline  
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:36 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
What mines? Are they still being mined in the way that they were that "pre dated" regulations?

What toxic metals are these mines leaking that pre date regulations?
Hell no they aren't being mined. The miners raped the land and then went home.

Are other mines being mined like they were pre-regulations? Nope, because they'll get shut down.

What toxic metals? Cadmium, arsenic, mercury, lead, iron and other metallic sulfides, you know, all the stuff you sprinkle on your fried eggs. Oh, and plus chemicals used in extraction. Not too far from here some miners used cyanide on some "rich" gold tailings. No warning signs, but the stuff was everywhere.

They violated mining regs. They were shut down, but a lot of cyanide got into the environment.

And toxic tailings aren't limited to 100-150 year old operations. The huge Climax molybdenum mine dumped toxic waste into the environment well into the 1980s.
Thanks from Camelot and Hollywood
imaginethat is offline  
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:44 AM   #85
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Hell no they aren't being mined. The miners raped the land and then went home.

Are other mines being mined like they were pre-regulations? Nope, because they'll get shut down.

What toxic metals? Cadmium, arsenic, mercury, lead, iron and other metallic sulfides, you know, all the stuff you sprinkle on your fried eggs. Oh, and plus chemicals used in extraction. Not too far from here some miners used cyanide on some "rich" gold tailings. No warning signs, but the stuff was everywhere.

They violated mining regs. They were shut down, but a lot of cyanide got into the environment.

And toxic tailings aren't limited to 100-150 year old operations. The huge Climax molybdenum mine dumped toxic waste into the environment well into the 1980s.

And why wasn't action taken up against the mining companies?
Sabcat is offline  
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:44 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
You're just another liar, but hey feel free to live in your make believe world lil guy.
lil guy?

imaginethat is offline  
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:46 AM   #87
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat
I don't cheery pick any posts, but tell yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Hell, you're projecting. YOU cherry pick all the time. You're totally blind to the faults of DTT's right side, you non-partisan you.
We're all partisan. The problem seems to some can't admit it.
That'd be Quigley. He's the non-partisan dude who hammers the left 24/7.

And there are degrees of partisanship, some of which aren't toxic.
imaginethat is offline  
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:49 AM   #88
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
That'd be Quigley. He's the non-partisan dude who hammers the left 24/7.

And there are degrees of partisanship, some of which aren't toxic.
Ok look our resident troll hypocrite weighs in!!!! Ignorance is no excuse for lying. There is NO difference between Dems and Repubs, none. I hammer the hypocrisy of the political classes and phony people like you. (shrugs)
Quigley is offline  
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:50 AM   #89
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
What a crock of shit.

They were "directly RESPONSIBLE to the community."
IF the fucking community had the resources, technical and financial, and ability to PROVE that a given company was wholly responsible for the presence of a pollutant. and that pollutant had caused measurable damage to the community and/or it's citizens.
Private citizens were allowed on company property to monitor what the company is doing?
Private citizens could afford to hire the chemists, hydrologists, the scientists needed to prove much of fucking anything where a pollutant's damage to a community is concerned?
You know why they put things like oil refineries or chemical plants in POOR, or working class, communities? THEY HAVE LESS MONEY FOR LAWYERS AND HIRED EXPERTS THAN RICH COMMUNITIES!

The entire fucking point of something liked the EPA is they have to authority to inspect facilities, to put safeguards in place and if you continue to fuck up they DO have the scientists, the lawyers the fucking money to haul you into court and prove their case.

You say, "Now they must just jump through hoops of the state to avoid them." To avoid what? Harming the community? Clarify that statement for me.
Doesn't need clarification. No one else here needs clarification. Sounds like a personal problem. I think you need more "fucking" words to really emphasize that you are emphatic about this topic. Thank me. I'm welcome.
Yes it does need clarification.
Thanks from Hollywood
imaginethat is offline  
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:51 AM   #90
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
Yes, because your rather long post really doesn't make a point. Like I said, no one else asked for clarification. You do that a lot. Apparently, most of these topics are over your head because you're continually asking for clarification while accusing others of poor reading comprehension. Perhaps you should take some high school classes because these topics aren't that demanding.
The hell it didn't have a point. You know, the point, what you and Sabtroll are avoiding.
Thanks from Hollywood
imaginethat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
democracy, life, support



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texas Hospital Complies With Court Order To Remove Brain Dead Woman From Life Support skews13 Current Events 19 January 29th, 2014 04:13 PM
Judge: Remove Life Support For Pregnant Woman excalibur Current Events 1 January 24th, 2014 03:29 PM
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Haribol2332 Religion 4 December 8th, 2013 09:23 AM
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Jaya Jagannath Conspiracy Theories 2 October 29th, 2013 03:53 AM
Atheist Life vs. Religious Life tadpole256 Atheism 4 February 14th, 2009 07:03 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.