Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree29Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2018, 08:11 PM   #21
Bee-boo-be-bop
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 24,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
CNN is reminding me of a South Park episode where the word "shit" was repeated a couple of hundred times....

CNN....South Park......same- same.....
Great analogy!!!!

+550
Thanks from Jimgorn
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 17th, 2018, 08:11 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 58,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
Some people have no shame, and that includes grandstand master Flake. Comparing a sitting prez to a dictator while climbing up Cuba's human rights violators asses is no accomplishment and nothing to be applauded.
Now of course, any time the previous prez was criticized, his posse quickly yelled "racist" in his defense. So there is that.
Does anyone recall Alito yelling "you lie" and the uproar that ensued? Yet here we are, congratulating the soon has been Senator for doing much worse. The hypocrisy is just amazing.
Trump has used, before his handlers said please, please never use that term again, "enemy of the people." So did Stalin. I asked my Soviet born wife about this.

Her brow wrinkled. "It's a disgusting term. It's the term Stalin used to justify sending his critics to gulags in Siberia."

Did Khrushchev actually outlaw its use. "Yes. It was one of many reforms he instituted."

So let's let the chips fall where they may. Flake is right. Trump used this term. Let's not hang Flake.
Thanks from Camelot
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 18th, 2018, 04:45 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,830
Let's take a closer look at Jeff Flake (R-AZ): family man, Mormon, graduated from Brigham Young U with a masters degree, missionary, author, 3-term senator, fiscal conservative, but what I would call a moderate Republican and THAT cannot be allowed, according to the RW.
Flake has fallen from grace in Arizona for several reasons. Apparently, he's JUST TOO nice to be in congress.

God forbid we should have someone who actually questions a sitting president--someone who is willing to stand alone, defend the constitution, the first amendment, the free press, the absurdity of "fake news", the disgust found in the blind, deaf and dumb GOP.
Then Flake takes on "TRUTH". He champions TRUTH--the great leveler.

AND FOR all this, this very decent MAN (who I did not vote for) is skewered. Jeff Flake has something that is obviously lacking in so many: a conscience. Heaven forbid.

Obviously we the people, no longer desire honest men--men who have a strong faith--men who cherish their wives and children--men who believe in the truth.

Here's an except from Flakes book: Conscience of a Conservative.

“I will start by saying that I regret having to write this book,” reads the book’s first sentence. “I regret it because its necessity is a sign that the American conservative movement, which has been a force for great good to our country and to the world, is lost.” Writing to imagined conservative critics—who will no doubt be real enough, soon enough—he concludes defensively: “This is not an act of apostasy. This is an act of fidelity.”
“I have good people around me who are committed to principle,” Flake told NPR, “but the political world will tell you keep quiet, don’t take a risk, and I thought that it was important to stand up when I had something to risk. I think it means more at that point.”
Thanks from imaginethat and Camelot
Clara007 is online now  
Old January 18th, 2018, 04:51 AM   #24
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 34,841
What president Bashed his critics by telling them to get into the back of the Bus?

What President said to his Critics "Your bring a knife we will bring a gun?


oh wait it was OBAMALAMADINGDONG.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old January 18th, 2018, 04:52 AM   #25
work in progress
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Trump has used, before his handlers said please, please never use that term again, "enemy of the people." So did Stalin. I asked my Soviet born wife about this.

Her brow wrinkled. "It's a disgusting term. It's the term Stalin used to justify sending his critics to gulags in Siberia."

Did Khrushchev actually outlaw its use. "Yes. It was one of many reforms he instituted."

So let's let the chips fall where they may. Flake is right. Trump used this term. Let's not hang Flake.
We are not anywhere near being a ruthless dictatorship. The comparison is absurd.
Lovebug is offline  
Old January 18th, 2018, 05:38 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
iolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhondda
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
Some people have no shame, and that includes grandstand master Flake. Comparing a sitting prez to a dictator while climbing up Cuba's human rights violators asses is no accomplishment and nothing to be applauded.
Now of course, any time the previous prez was criticized, his posse quickly yelled "racist" in his defense. So there is that.
Does anyone recall Alito yelling "you lie" and the uproar that ensued? Yet here we are, congratulating the soon has been Senator for doing much worse. The hypocrisy is just amazing.
The people who have no shame are those who have been trying to re-impose colonialism on Cuba ever since it got shot of their American masters, the buggers who forced the Cuban Government to protect itself against their spies, saboteurs and terrorist armies. As you know.
iolo is offline  
Old January 18th, 2018, 06:41 AM   #27
work in progress
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolo View Post
The people who have no shame are those who have been trying to re-impose colonialism on Cuba ever since it got shot of their American masters, the buggers who forced the Cuban Government to protect itself against their spies, saboteurs and terrorist armies. As you know.
It seemed to me that you are suggestion killing them off. That is never ok, no matter who what and why. Selective humanitarianism.
Lovebug is offline  
Old January 18th, 2018, 06:42 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
iolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhondda
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
It seemed to me that you are suggestion killing them off. That is never ok, no matter who what and why. Selective humanitarianism.
What things seem to you, chum, seem to depend on what you are ON!
iolo is offline  
Old January 18th, 2018, 08:28 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 58,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
We are not anywhere near being a ruthless dictatorship. The comparison is absurd.
He said what he said. Just so happens Stalin used the same language.

Let the chips fall where they may....
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 18th, 2018, 08:59 AM   #30
work in progress
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
He said what he said. Just so happens Stalin used the same language.

Let the chips fall where they may....
Thanks Ollie.
Thanks from imaginethat and Jimgorn
Lovebug is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
charting, criticism, dangerous, path, president



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trumpeteers can't deal with criticism. GhostRider Americas 1 December 20th, 2016 05:21 PM
FACT SHEET: Charting a New Course on Cuba The White House The White House 1 December 17th, 2014 03:01 PM
FACT SHEET: Charting a New Course on Cuba The White House The White House 0 December 17th, 2014 09:12 AM
"tim Tebow Criticism Says A Lot About Us ... And It's Not Good" jyoshu Christianity 7 December 2nd, 2011 08:18 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.