Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree29Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2018, 09:44 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 58,275
A president 'who cannot take criticism ... is charting a very dangerous path'

Follow my link and listen to Sen. Flake, who nails it.
Jeff Flake rips Trump: A president 'who cannot take criticism ... is charting a very dangerous path'

Republican Sen. Jeff Flake, a frequent critic of President Donald Trump, took to the Senate floor Wednesday morning to rebuke the President for his repeated attacks on the truth as well as his colleagues for failing to be a check on Trump.

"No longer can we compound attacks on truth with our silent acquiescence. No longer can we turn a blind eye or a deaf ear to these assaults on our institutions," Flake said in his speech. "An American president who cannot take criticism -- who must constantly deflect and distort and distract -- who must find someone else to blame -- is charting a very dangerous path. And a Congress that fails to act as a check on the President adds to the danger."

..."For without truth, and a principled fidelity to truth and to shared facts, Mr. President, our democracy will not last," Flake said.

He criticized the President for calling the news media the "enemy of the people," calling it "an assault as unprecedented as it is unwarranted."

..."It is a testament to the condition of our democracy that our own President uses words infamously spoken by Joseph Stalin to describe his enemies," he said. "It bears noting that so fraught with malice was the phrase 'enemy of the people,' that even Nikita Khrushchev forbade its use, telling the Soviet Communist Party that the phrase had been introduced by Stalin for the purpose of 'annihilating such individuals' who disagreed with the supreme leader."
Lots more: Jeff Flake rips Trump in Senate speech - CNNPolitics
Thanks from Camelot
imaginethat is online now  
Old January 17th, 2018, 10:29 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 3,806
Oh I thought this was going to be a thread about Obama. Never mind.
Thanks from Sabcat and Libertarian Guy
justoneman is online now  
Old January 17th, 2018, 10:53 AM   #3
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,921
Flake speaks what we all know to be the truth.
Thanks from Clara007
Camelot is offline  
Old January 17th, 2018, 10:55 AM   #4
work in progress
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Follow my link and listen to Sen. Flake, who nails it.
Jeff Flake rips Trump: A president 'who cannot take criticism ... is charting a very dangerous path'

Republican Sen. Jeff Flake, a frequent critic of President Donald Trump, took to the Senate floor Wednesday morning to rebuke the President for his repeated attacks on the truth as well as his colleagues for failing to be a check on Trump.

"No longer can we compound attacks on truth with our silent acquiescence. No longer can we turn a blind eye or a deaf ear to these assaults on our institutions," Flake said in his speech. "An American president who cannot take criticism -- who must constantly deflect and distort and distract -- who must find someone else to blame -- is charting a very dangerous path. And a Congress that fails to act as a check on the President adds to the danger."

..."For without truth, and a principled fidelity to truth and to shared facts, Mr. President, our democracy will not last," Flake said.

He criticized the President for calling the news media the "enemy of the people," calling it "an assault as unprecedented as it is unwarranted."

..."It is a testament to the condition of our democracy that our own President uses words infamously spoken by Joseph Stalin to describe his enemies," he said. "It bears noting that so fraught with malice was the phrase 'enemy of the people,' that even Nikita Khrushchev forbade its use, telling the Soviet Communist Party that the phrase had been introduced by Stalin for the purpose of 'annihilating such individuals' who disagreed with the supreme leader."
Lots more: Jeff Flake rips Trump in Senate speech - CNNPolitics
Some people have no shame, and that includes grandstand master Flake. Comparing a sitting prez to a dictator while climbing up Cuba's human rights violators asses is no accomplishment and nothing to be applauded.
Now of course, any time the previous prez was criticized, his posse quickly yelled "racist" in his defense. So there is that.
Does anyone recall Alito yelling "you lie" and the uproar that ensued? Yet here we are, congratulating the soon has been Senator for doing much worse. The hypocrisy is just amazing.
Thanks from Jimmyb and Jimgorn
Lovebug is offline  
Old January 17th, 2018, 11:00 AM   #5
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 28,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
Some people have no shame, and that includes grandstand master Flake. Comparing a sitting prez to a dictator while climbing up Cuba's human rights violators asses is no accomplishment and nothing to be applauded.
Now of course, any time the previous prez was criticized, his posse quickly yelled "racist" in his defense. So there is that.
Does anyone recall Alito yelling "you lie" and the uproar that ensued? Yet here we are, congratulating the soon has been Senator for doing much worse. The hypocrisy is just amazing.
When did Alito ever do that? You're wrong.
RNG is offline  
Old January 17th, 2018, 11:01 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Oh I thought this was going to be a thread about Obama. Never mind.
Excuse me ?? TRUMPLETHINSKIN !!!!! Is the PERFECT description of Trump and is narcissistic paranoia !!!

Every president, hell every politician, gets criticism. It comes with the job. Never in my entire life have I seen a politician SOOOOOOOOOO defensive !! SOOOO unbelievably thin skinned. Trump simply cannot take ANY sort of criticism. The sad part is, HE IS HIS OWN WORST ENEMY. His off the cuff and off script tangents when speaking publicly and his own twitter feeds are the biggest sources of criticism.
Thanks from Camelot
BubbaJones is offline  
Old January 17th, 2018, 11:01 AM   #7
work in progress
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
When did Alito ever do that? You're wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pB5uR3zgsA
Lovebug is offline  
Old January 17th, 2018, 11:17 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
Actually dipstick it was Joe Wilson from South Carolina that yelled "you lie", not justice Alito. Alito mouthed the words but said nothing. This is the third or fourth time you've made this erroneous assertion.
Thanks from Clara007
BubbaJones is offline  
Old January 17th, 2018, 11:31 AM   #9
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 28,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
He mouthed it, maybe. He didn't shout it. That was a different Republican asshole.
RNG is offline  
Old January 17th, 2018, 11:35 AM   #10
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yes
Posts: 302
LOL @Flake.

The MSM has been on a riot of anti Trump stories since before he won, and have upped that since he did win. To the tune of 90%+ negative stories. All we need to see is the insanity in the MSM over Trump's medical reports, the MSM lost it again. Or CNN repeating the phrase 'shit hole' hundreds of times. It is MSM insanity.
Thanks from Jimgorn
Updike is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
charting, criticism, dangerous, path, president



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trumpeteers can't deal with criticism. GhostRider Americas 1 December 20th, 2016 05:21 PM
FACT SHEET: Charting a New Course on Cuba The White House The White House 1 December 17th, 2014 03:01 PM
FACT SHEET: Charting a New Course on Cuba The White House The White House 0 December 17th, 2014 09:12 AM
"tim Tebow Criticism Says A Lot About Us ... And It's Not Good" jyoshu Christianity 7 December 2nd, 2011 08:18 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.