Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree28Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2018, 06:39 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 58,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Three people live in the same neighborhood. Two always buy modest, used cars but one always has a new Cadillac.

One neighbor says "nice car" and thinks to himself i would like to drive a new car maybe when i get a promotion i will buy one.

The other neighbor says "nice car" and thinks to himself life isn't fair that guy makes to much money to be spending on such frivolous things.

What neighbor is the leftist?
The guy with the Cadillac.
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 22nd, 2018, 06:54 PM   #12
Bee-boo-be-bop
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 24,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
The guy with the Cadillac.
Nope. If a leftist could afford a Cadillac they would buy a prius or a tesla.
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 22nd, 2018, 07:47 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 58,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Nope. If a leftist could afford a Cadillac they would buy a prius or a tesla.
Oh, you're probably right. Rightists aren't known for making wise choices. I mean, look who you elected.
Thanks from Clara007
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 22nd, 2018, 07:52 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Conservatives are simply happier right now than they were before because now they are able to vocally express their bigotry, prejudices and ignorant preconceived notions of 'pure' and 'patriotic' conduct.

Liberals were happier under Obama than they are now.

Arthur Brooks’s Gross National Happiness Poll is hardly something I'm going to use as a Life Guideline. If you're going to do so, more power to you.
Borders, language, customs. Any questions?
caconservative is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2018, 07:07 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,446
Ignorance is bliss
Thanks from skews13 and Clara007
goober is online now  
Old January 23rd, 2018, 07:56 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
And as regards the suffering of non-Americans, for at least half a century conservatives have been far more willing to sacrifice American treasure and American blood (often their own) for other nations’ liberty.
What the ____ you say?

Exactly where has the US defended liberty? How has it defended liberty? Name the organization and the President that put together the best system for helping others. I have a specific organization and president in mind, and I am testing what you know.

I have to laugh at myself because I am so offended by your post. Just as I am offended by the things Christians say. I will compare my volunteer time to others any day. As for giving to charity, I can't claim I have contributed a lot because I never had a lot, but Jesus said the poor woman who gave her lost coin to the synagog had given more than the wealthy. Exactly how is what your quotes say, justified? Where are the statistics the questions asked to get them? How do you validate what you appear to want to us to believe, besides giving us opinions? By the way, you don't know God and morals and we need to protect our neighbor our neighborhood from people like you.

I could be wrong, but I am willing to bet the big difference between conservatives and liberals, is if we believe God rewards us for being good, or those good things happen because we have done things right.

PS, I am better than you, nanny, nanny, nanny. REAL FOLKS IS THIS THREAD ABOUT AN ISSUE WE NEED TO KNOW BETTER AND MAKE A DECISION ABOUT IT, OR IS IT CHILDISH NONSENSE LIKE ARGUING ABOUT WHOSE DADDY IS THE BEST?

Last edited by Athena; January 23rd, 2018 at 08:15 AM.
Athena is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2018, 08:02 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Leftists have always seemed like kinda miserable crowd to me. I think it has a lot to do w/ their inability to accept the world as it is and try to make the best of it.


Yeah, we just can't accept the world as it is and besides, WHO needs change? Who needs progress? WHO cares if our world is teeming with people who are poor, hungry, sick or dead?

Certainly NOT YOU!
Thanks from imaginethat
Clara007 is online now  
Old January 23rd, 2018, 08:07 AM   #18
alea iacta est
 
04960319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
You can't trust polls.
No you cannot. Operation Mockingbird never really ended.
Thanks from imaginethat
04960319 is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2018, 08:14 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 58,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04960319 View Post
No you cannot. Operation Mockingbird never really ended.
Sab agrees the "deep state" manipulates polling data .... unless he agrees with the poll. His hypocrisy is so damned transparent.
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2018, 08:14 AM   #20
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
What the ____ you say?

Exactly where has the US defended liberty? How has it defended liberty? Name the organization and the President that put together the best system for helping others. I have a specific organization and president in mind, and I am testing what you know.

I have to laugh at myself because I am so offended by your post. Just as I am offended by the things Christians say. I will compare my volunteer time to others any day. As for giving to charity, I can't claim I have contributed a lot because I never had a lot, but Jesus said the poor woman who gave her lost coin to the synagog had given more than the wealthy. Exactly how is what your quotes say, justified? Where are the statistics the questions asked to get them? How do you validate what you appear to want to us to believe, besides giving us opinions? By the way, you don't know God and morals and we need to protect our neighbor our neighborhood from people like you.

I could be wrong, but I am willing to bet the big difference between conservatives and liberals, is if we believe God rewards us for being good, or those good things happen because we have done things right.
“By faith you are saved through grace. It is not a thing of works that no one may boast.”
webguy4 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
liberals, people, unhappy



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The liberals, media and people urbrother Americas 25 December 22nd, 2016 06:31 AM
Why Unhappy People Become Liberals . . . and why liberalism makes them even unhappier Uncle Han Current Events 39 July 3rd, 2013 04:35 AM
Why do liberals so hate america and its law-abiding people? Jimmyb Americas 59 May 20th, 2013 09:27 AM
Liberals want to steal money from successful people sumara Current Events 478 April 7th, 2013 04:15 PM
Denver: Liberals are attacking people Wow Political Talk 22 August 28th, 2008 11:29 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.