Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree50Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2018, 06:02 PM   #21
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
How is that evolving and adapting. You deflected.
Um, no. Are you familiar w/ any of those people?

Would they have fit into what one would have considered "republicans" 5-10 years ago?
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 1st, 2018, 06:18 PM   #22
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Um, no. Are you familiar w/ any of those people?

Would they have fit into what one would have considered "republicans" 5-10 years ago?
They donít fit now. We are seeing the same shit from Republicans. Trickle down bullshit, corporate welfare, pollution promoting de-regulation, voter suppresssion, extreme gerrymandering - the same old shit.
Camelot is offline  
Old May 1st, 2018, 06:25 PM   #23
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
They donít fit now. We are seeing the same shit from Republicans. Trickle down bullshit, corporate welfare, pollution promoting de-regulation, voter suppresssion, extreme gerrymandering - the same old shit.
Aahhhh....see, you get it even if when you dont.


Just think on what you said there. Maybe re-read the thread. It should come to you.
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 1st, 2018, 07:03 PM   #24
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Aahhhh....see, you get it even if when you dont.


Just think on what you said there. Maybe re-read the thread. It should come to you.
You have failed to offer one policy example of Republican evolution and adaptation. You always think that word salad will win the day for you.
Camelot is offline  
Old May 1st, 2018, 07:29 PM   #25
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
You have failed to offer one policy example of Republican evolution and adaptation. You always think that word salad will win the day for you.
Probably because that is not what i am talking about. I get it "republican" was capitalized in one of my past posts. I guess that could have caused some confusion but it really shouldn't have as i specifically said i wasn't referring to the GOP and i dont intentionally capitalize words. But I am talking about young conservative groups like the college republicans whos memberships are on the rise. I am talking about how the evolution has grown into a movment. Did you see who won the Presidency? Was it one of those crusty old GOP guys?

It only sounds like a word salad to you because we communicate on different levels.
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 1st, 2018, 10:55 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
(My bold) So the record numbers of incumbent Republicans not running for re-election is just part of this evolution and adaptation ?
Yeah, I would say that is a pretty good example
guy39 is offline  
Old May 2nd, 2018, 05:51 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Booming economy ??? Did you not see the first quarter numbers. It barely sustained 2%. Nearly a full point drop from Q4 2017 2.9%.

As for Korea I suspect the fucking mountain falling on his research lab has far more to do with him holding talks than anything the Dumpster has done.

At the moment he has NOTHING to lose. His nuclear program is severely crippled and will remain that way for many months if not years. So playing nice, agreeing to anything and everything, getting sanctions lifted and economic aid will benefit him in the short term. I predict we'll be right back where we started in 5 years or less.
Yes, we have the best economy we have seen in over a decade. First quarter GDP is always low, I am happy with 2.3% when economist were predicting 2.0%.

Have any idea what Obama's average first quarter GDP was for the last four years? A pitiful 0.15%, so yeah compared to that Trumps 1433% increase would be considered booming.
Libertine is offline  
Old May 2nd, 2018, 07:06 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Yes, we have the best economy we have seen in over a decade. First quarter GDP is always low, I am happy with 2.3% when economist were predicting 2.0%.

Have any idea what Obama's average first quarter GDP was for the last four years? A pitiful 0.15%, so yeah compared to that Trumps 1433% increase would be considered booming.


OH, I see. Let's compare the RECESSION (worst one since 1930) and the recovered economy and let's blame Obama for Dubya's mess, but praise Trump for the recovery under Obama.

So no matter how you slice it, OBAMA DID IT or DID NOT DO IT. OR BOTH??? Sigh.
Thanks from Hollywood
Clara007 is offline  
Old May 2nd, 2018, 07:18 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
OH, I see. Let's compare the RECESSION (worst one since 1930) and the recovered economy and let's blame Obama for Dubya's mess, but praise Trump for the recovery under Obama.

So no matter how you slice it, OBAMA DID IT or DID NOT DO IT. OR BOTH??? Sigh.
I didn't count his first term out all, even though the recession ended in June 2009, the number would be even uglier.

All I am saying is that the economy is booming compared to anything we have seen in over ten years, even as late as Obama's last year 2016. Some folks just can't accept that fact, they are busting for Trump to fail.
Thanks from Braveheart
Libertine is offline  
Old May 2nd, 2018, 07:36 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Probably because that is not what i am talking about. I get it "republican" was capitalized in one of my past posts. I guess that could have caused some confusion but it really shouldn't have as i specifically said i wasn't referring to the GOP and i dont intentionally capitalize words. But I am talking about young conservative groups like the college republicans whos memberships are on the rise. I am talking about how the evolution has grown into a movment. Did you see who won the Presidency? Was it one of those crusty old GOP guys?

It only sounds like a word salad to you because we communicate on different levels.

So you don't think Trump is crusty or OLD?
Clara007 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
democrats, ground, lose, millennials



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Democrats lose, again coke Current Events 10 April 12th, 2017 05:53 PM
Why democrats will continue to lose Sabcat Progressivism 2 December 12th, 2016 03:23 PM
America's millennials deserting Obama, Democrats, poll suggests RNG Americas 3 October 31st, 2014 12:41 PM
Democrats Lose Generic Advantage excalibur Current Events 3 November 13th, 2013 06:06 PM
Poll: Huckabee would lose to top Democrats CNN Opinion Polls 53 December 15th, 2007 12:27 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.