Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree8Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2018, 11:09 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The state needs a legal, constitutional warrant to be sending in anyone anywhere. BTW, what's your stance on the NSA merely obtaining metadata? To me the NSA obtaining metadata is also spying, and I essentially held this position way back when it was a fresh news topic, a main topic of discussion, etc.
Personally I believe the NSA is doing a WHOLE LOT MORE than collecting metadata. They day we heard about Bush's "warrantless wiretap" program I knew big bother had fully arrived. I firmly believe their actions are both illegal and far more over reaching than we will ever know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
This is a contradiction, based on the argument - if they're being sent in, then they're a spy (not an informant); if they were already there, then they'd be an informant.
You're still arguing semantics. Spy, informant, six of one, half dozen of another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I disagree with this if they're not doing anything illegal then they shouldn't have anything to hide type of sentiment. Businesses have trade secrets to hide, and that's not illegal. The military has attack plans, codes, and intelligence plans that they need to hide. Politicians have campaigning plans that they might need to hide & I wonder if the real reason for spying was to try to steal such plans.


Ah, so it's a matter of being nothing more than this mere question? There's no allegation that a crime has been committed? If there were an allegation that a crime has been committed, that's one thing, and you seem to be implying that this isn't what the situation is.
You've missed my point. The FBI was NOT investigating Trump or his campaign at this point in time. I certainly don't believe they were there to steal Trump's campaign plans !!! They were following/investigating Russians and Carter Page. An investigation that had started YEARS before Trump decided to run for pres.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 11:58 AM   #12
Coconut Lure
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,858
How did a cia asset become an fbi informant?
webguy4 is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 12:00 PM   #13
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
How did a cia asset become an fbi informant?
He wasn't a cia asset.
RNG is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 12:23 PM   #14
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Spy someone that infiltrates to gather information

Informant someone that infliltrates to gather information.

Both are Tomatoes
you say Toe-maw-to I say toe-may-to

they are one in the same.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 02:05 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
He wasn't a cia asset.


At this point in the discussion (and I'm just curious)......are you pounding your head against a wall OR.......

Drinking a large bottle of bourbon???

What is wrong with these people? We have been over this thing a zillion times.

FBI=Carter Page=2013=Russian ties.............what is difficult about those facts??????????
Clara007 is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 02:22 PM   #16
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
At this point in the discussion (and I'm just curious)......are you pounding your head against a wall OR.......

Drinking a large bottle of bourbon???

What is wrong with these people? We have been over this thing a zillion times.

FBI=Carter Page=2013=Russian ties.............what is difficult about those facts??????????
I have said a true multitude of times. They are immune to facts.
Thanks from Clara007
RNG is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 02:40 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,231
Perhaps the Left's eyes will be opened if McCabe gets charged. Probably the skulls are too thick though.
justoneman is online now  
Old June 8th, 2018, 02:44 PM   #18
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hotel
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
At this point in the discussion (and I'm just curious)......are you pounding your head against a wall OR.......

Drinking a large bottle of bourbon???

What is wrong with these people? We have been over this thing a zillion times.

FBI=Carter Page=2013=Russian ties.............what is difficult about those facts??????????

2013 had nothing to do with 2016.

Now, if you care to use your brain, tell us why we hear nothing about this Carter Page for over a year of the Mueller witch hunt. IOW, it was just a name they used, along with the fake info dossier, to get a FISA warrant to officially spy on Trump and the campaign.
Thanks from Sabcat and justoneman
Spumante is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 03:45 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spumante View Post
2013 had nothing to do with 2016.

Now, if you care to use your brain, tell us why we hear nothing about this Carter Page for over a year of the Mueller witch hunt. IOW, it was just a name they used, along with the fake info dossier, to get a FISA warrant to officially spy on Trump and the campaign.
And we were just talking, on another thread, about posters here on DTT that think they are informed but actually are not.
Thanks from Clara007
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 05:04 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
And we were just talking, on another thread, about posters here on DTT that think they are informed but actually are not.
Yes we were talking about you too.
Thanks from Spumante
justoneman is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
difference, informant, spy



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cambridge Professor Outed as FBI Informant Inside Trump Campaign tristanrobin Americas 7 May 20th, 2018 02:00 PM
Lawyer in Trump Tower meeting admits to being informant for Moscow RNG Current Events 3 April 27th, 2018 02:36 PM
Gag order lifted, Informant to testify to Congress Hashtag Current Events 56 October 29th, 2017 12:40 PM
What's The Difference??? Tony Middle East 2 January 6th, 2015 07:03 PM
FBI Informant Also Enjoys Rape intangible child Crime and Punishment 4 August 2nd, 2009 01:18 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.