Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree8Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2018, 03:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 582
Difference between a spy and an informant

Quote:
A spy is an "outsider" whose role is to gather information in a covert fashion. An informer is an "insider" who exposes information to authorities.
source: https://english.stackexchange.com/qu...nd-an-informer
Neil is offline  
Old June 7th, 2018, 04:25 PM   #2
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,113
And not all people who have HIV have AIDS but all people w/ AIDS have HIV
Sabcat is offline  
Old June 7th, 2018, 05:01 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
A spy is an "outsider" whose role is to gather information in a covert fashion. An informer is an "insider" whose role is to gather information in a covert fashion .

If an "informant" wears a wire that would be covert right? Its word salad. An insider can be approached by the FBI to do every single thing that a "spy" might do. This is yet again another attempt by the left to play a word game. the FBI is not supposed to be spying on the President and the FBI is not supposed to intentionally misinforming the President the way the FBI has. Now FBI heads will roll. Guaranteed.
justoneman is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 03:51 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
A spy is an "outsider" whose role is to gather information in a covert fashion. An informer is an "insider" whose role is to gather information in a covert fashion .

If an "informant" wears a wire that would be covert right? Its word salad. An insider can be approached by the FBI to do every single thing that a "spy" might do. This is yet again another attempt by the left to play a word game. the FBI is not supposed to be spying on the President and the FBI is not supposed to intentionally misinforming the President the way the FBI has. Now FBI heads will roll. Guaranteed.

Are you seriously suggesting that a sitting president is above the law? What the hell do you think the FBI does? Let me help you: Federal Bureau of....what? Put on your thinking cap now......what's that word? YES!!

INVESTIGATION!! AND you still don't get it. The FBI gathers facts and evidence to solve and prevent crimes. They were investigating (LONG BEFORE TRUMP) Carter Page and George Papadopoulos.
They had been following Page for THREE YEARS because of his suspicious ties with Russia.

Now see. That wasn't so hard, was it?
Clara007 is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 05:51 AM   #5
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,544
Paul Ryan and Trey Gowdy both have declared that nothing improper was done with regards to this informant. This latest conspiracy theory had a rather short shelf life......LOL
Thanks from Clara007
Camelot is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 07:15 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Paul Ryan and Trey Gowdy both have declared that nothing improper was done with regards to this informant. This latest conspiracy theory had a rather short shelf life......LOL


Apparently, Ryan and Gowdy don't LOVE the Don as much as Neil does.
Clara007 is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 07:40 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that a sitting president is above the law? What the hell do you think the FBI does? Let me help you: Federal Bureau of....what? Put on your thinking cap now......what's that word? YES!!

INVESTIGATION!! AND you still don't get it. The FBI gathers facts and evidence to solve and prevent crimes. They were investigating (LONG BEFORE TRUMP) Carter Page and George Papadopoulos.
They had been following Page for THREE YEARS because of his suspicious ties with Russia.

Now see. That wasn't so hard, was it?
And that's it Clara, they're arguing semantics while completely ignoring the FACTS !!!

If the police see a known drug dealer entering a house and they have someone known to people in the house, the next logical step is send that person into the house. Was the drug dealer a family member just dropping by to say hello ?? or was there business conducted. If he's a family member and they aren't engaged in his business, then no harm no foul, end of investigation.

As you have pointed out, the FBI had been tracking Page and the Russians for YEARS before they showed up at Trump's campaign. I see sending in an informant as the next logical step. If Trump et al. were doing nothing illegal then they should have nothing to hide.

But the bottom line point is, PAGE AND THE RUSSIANS were already, and had been for some time, on the FBI's radar. Any logical person, with more than three working brains cells, would be asking the same question ?? WHAT WERE THEY DOING AT TRUMP'S ??
Thanks from Camelot and Clara007
BubbaJones is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 08:22 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
A spy is an "outsider" whose role is to gather information in a covert fashion. An informer is an "insider" whose role is to gather information in a covert fashion .
I suppose since readers can see that it's in the OP and tell that this is not properly being indicated as a quote that it's not that big a deal, but a few days ago I did point out on another thread that someone else was plagiarizing something because they didn't properly indicate what they wrote was a quote.

Folks (this goes to anyone anywhere posting on any online forum), when you're including something that you yourself didn't originally write as content for the post, you need to indicate that you didn't create it; this can be done in several ways, such as putting quote marks, making it italic, indenting, or using the quote tags. The main issue I have with it is that it leads to confusion about who actually wrote what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
If an "informant" wears a wire that would be covert right? Its word salad. An insider can be approached by the FBI to do every single thing that a "spy" might do. This is yet again another attempt by the left to play a word game. the FBI is not supposed to be spying on the President and the FBI is not supposed to intentionally misinforming the President the way the FBI has. Now FBI heads will roll. Guaranteed.
I was listening to the Mark Levin show last night; Dan Bongino was guest hosting. Both Mark Levin and Dan Bongino are siding with President Trump & defending him in this Trump campaign "Spygate" issue, and I don't believe you'd label either one of them as "left."

During the show, Bongino was making the argument that the individual that the FBI put into the Trump campaign is a spy because that person's an outsider.
Neil is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 08:24 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Apparently, Ryan and Gowdy don't LOVE the Don as much as Neil does.
ok
Neil is offline  
Old June 8th, 2018, 08:57 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
And that's it Clara, they're arguing semantics while completely ignoring the FACTS !!!

If the police see a known drug dealer entering a house and they have someone known to people in the house, the next logical step is send that person into the house. Was the drug dealer a family member just dropping by to say hello ?? or was there business conducted. If he's a family member and they aren't engaged in his business, then no harm no foul, end of investigation.
The state needs a legal, constitutional warrant to be sending in anyone anywhere. BTW, what's your stance on the NSA merely obtaining metadata? To me the NSA obtaining metadata is also spying, and I essentially held this position way back when it was a fresh news topic, a main topic of discussion, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
As you have pointed out, the FBI had been tracking Page and the Russians for YEARS before they showed up at Trump's campaign. I see sending in an informant as the next logical step.
This is a contradiction, based on the argument - if they're being sent in, then they're a spy (not an informant); if they were already there, then they'd be an informant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
If Trump et al. were doing nothing illegal then they should have nothing to hide.
I disagree with this if they're not doing anything illegal then they shouldn't have anything to hide type of sentiment. Businesses have trade secrets to hide, and that's not illegal. The military has attack plans, codes, and intelligence plans that they need to hide. Politicians have campaigning plans that they might need to hide & I wonder if the real reason for spying was to try to steal such plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
But the bottom line point is, PAGE AND THE RUSSIANS were already, and had been for some time, on the FBI's radar. Any logical person, with more than three working brains cells, would be asking the same question ?? WHAT WERE THEY DOING AT TRUMP'S ??
Ah, so it's a matter of being nothing more than this mere question? There's no allegation that a crime has been committed? If there were an allegation that a crime has been committed, that's one thing, and you seem to be implying that this isn't what the situation is.
Neil is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
difference, informant, spy



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cambridge Professor Outed as FBI Informant Inside Trump Campaign tristanrobin Americas 7 May 20th, 2018 02:00 PM
Lawyer in Trump Tower meeting admits to being informant for Moscow RNG Current Events 3 April 27th, 2018 02:36 PM
Gag order lifted, Informant to testify to Congress Hashtag Current Events 56 October 29th, 2017 12:40 PM
What's The Difference??? Tony Middle East 2 January 6th, 2015 07:03 PM
FBI Informant Also Enjoys Rape intangible child Crime and Punishment 4 August 2nd, 2009 01:18 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.