Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Political Talk Political Talk Forum - Discuss and debate politics


Thanks Tree65Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2018, 07:19 PM   #81
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Make no mistake. Twenty-first century China has its sights set on being numero uno.
Maybe they read some of those reports sent out by the members of the Project For A New American Century(most of whom stocked the Bush White House), and declared in advance that Iraq would be the first of many regime changes in the Middle East and beyond, and then along came Obama with "the Pivot To Asia," which has apparently meant countering China's rise as an economic power with US military power: surrounding China with more carrier fleets and establishing new naval bases in Japan, Singapore and the Philippines, not to mention overthrowing governments where China had established economic ties..such as Chinese oil companies that had set up operations in Sudan.

Should it come as a surprise that China decided that they couldn't become an economic power without also becoming a military power and displacing the US in the Pacific?
right to left is offline  
Old July 8th, 2018, 07:39 PM   #82
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
What are you going on about? That was a lot of words to not say very much.

Technology is always advancing. Arrows made it easier to kill from a distance. Then came gunpowder and more advanced projectile weaponry. Then the bullet. Man did that change things. How about the telegram, airplanes, cars? What about nukes? All have been used one way or another to influence governments in one way or another.
And that's why I can't accept the religion of our time: faith in a better future brought to us by new scientific discoveries and applied technologies! Each new weapon has become more lethal than the ones in the past, and now we have enough nuclear warheads to destroy the world several times over....but it's always a good time for saber-rattling with nuclear armed enemies!

Quote:
So, what? You are saying that the big scary computers now....suddenly make it wrong? Or right? Worse? What?
Some of these DNC idiots and allies in media have been calling their fantasy Russian story 'an act of war! That's what's really alarming about this whole tempest in a teapot to me: the nation that spies on everyone in the world(including allies) and receives so much information already it would require thousands of years to go through it all, is declaring that surveillance and tampering with their systems is a declaration of war against the United States.
Quote:
Or is it just because the democrats and their mouthpiece (the legacy media) have been digging this russia hole for so long there is no way out so they (you) may as well keep digging until you get where? China?
What Mueller's team is digging for lately...at least if I can trust the breathless accounts on CNN, has nothing to do with Putin or the Russian Government! It's just old fashioned backroom dealing and corruption that is likely typical for every New York real estate developer along with Trump. If Donald Trump hasn't committed any financial frauds, I would really be shocked! But, what has it got to do with the stated goals Mueller set out with when he started his investigation?
Quote:
As for the psychopath comment i would wager that the majority of world leaders throughout history have been psychopaths. This is a good thing.
It's never a good thing to have psychopaths in high positions of influence/but I agree they likely dominate ruling circles in government and business today.
right to left is offline  
Old July 8th, 2018, 07:45 PM   #83
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
"Meddle" is such a cutsie word. Nations influence each others elections and governments. They have since the beginning of government and they always will.

The leftists are just still upset that their guaranteed candidate lost and they are attempting to delegitimize the election in any way they can. And people are falling for it because they are stupid.

If you remember when Obama said that there was no way our election could be hacked?

Or how about when the evidence came out that the DNC was screwing over sanders and the american people who supported him? Well, that is when we started hearing all muh russia shit.
Hillary supporters weren't 'leftists.' The left progressives that Sanders brought in the Democratic Party seemed to mostly drift away again and didn't show up for Clinton or other Democrats running for office in 2016. They likely made up a large percentage of that 38% who didn't bother to vote! And no doubt, the drip, drip of information from the #Podestaleaks played a big part in their lack of enthusiasm!
right to left is offline  
Old July 8th, 2018, 08:22 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
What are you going on about? That was a lot of words to not say very much.

Technology is always advancing. Arrows made it easier to kill from a distance. Then came gunpowder and more advanced projectile weaponry. Then the bullet. Man did that change things. How about the telegram, airplanes, cars? What about nukes? All have been used one way or another to influence governments in one way or another.

So, what? You are saying that the big scary computers now....suddenly make it wrong? Or right? Worse? What?

Or is it just because the democrats and their mouthpiece (the legacy media) have been digging this russia hole for so long there is no way out so they (you) may as well keep digging until you get where? China?

As for the psychopath comment i would wager that the majority of world leaders throughout history have been psychopaths. This is a good thing.
Oh yeah, it's a great thing. Look at the success story called humankind, forged by psychopathic leaders.

It's just wonderful that now the US has a psychopathic leader, like the majority of world leaders throughout history.

Just wonderful.
Thanks from Clara007
imaginethat is online now  
Old July 8th, 2018, 08:27 PM   #85
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to left View Post
Maybe they read some of those reports sent out by the members of the Project For A New American Century(most of whom stocked the Bush White House), and declared in advance that Iraq would be the first of many regime changes in the Middle East and beyond, and then along came Obama with "the Pivot To Asia," which has apparently meant countering China's rise as an economic power with US military power: surrounding China with more carrier fleets and establishing new naval bases in Japan, Singapore and the Philippines, not to mention overthrowing governments where China had established economic ties..such as Chinese oil companies that had set up operations in Sudan.

Should it come as a surprise that China decided that they couldn't become an economic power without also becoming a military power and displacing the US in the Pacific?
Nope, China has its sights set on being the 21st century United States, i.e. the world's top dog, and this intent, this multi-generational if need be intent, is nothing new and considerably predates PNAC's plan for the US' maintaining world domination.
imaginethat is online now  
Old July 8th, 2018, 08:39 PM   #86
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 5,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Findings by the intelligence community that Russia meddled in the 2016 presidential election to help Donald Trump win were "accurate and on point," according to an unclassified report and accompanying statement by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence released Tuesday.

The committee's findings came after a lengthy review of the "sources, tradecraft and analytic work underpinning" a January 2017 intelligence community assessment.

The FBI's and CIA's "analytical disagreement" with the NSA over whether Russia sought to bolster the Trump presidential campaign was "reasonable," the report also said.

While the FBI and CIA had "high confidence" that Russian President Vladimir Putin aspired to help Trump's election chances by denigrating opponent Hillary Clinton, the NSA had only "moderate confidence" in that assessment, according to the January 2017 analysis.

The disagreement among agencies "was reasonable, transparent, and openly debated among the agencies and analysts, with analysts, managers and agency heads on both sides of the confidence level articulately justifying their positions," the Senate intelligence committee's findings said.

In a statement, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C, said the panel's review was ongoing.

“The committee has spent the last 16 months reviewing the sources, tradecraft and analytic work underpinning the intelligence community assessment and sees no reason to dispute the conclusions,” Burr said.

Donald John Trump: A total witch hunt!

Findings that Russia meddled to help Trump beat Clinton were 'accurate and on point': Senate intel panel | Fox News

There's much more.
Ok. I agree with right to left, where is the evidence. If all of this is true then why is Trump still potus? I doubt our Dems are too shy in pulling the trigger. What gives? We have the evidence why not release it. Unless there is no smoking gun?
Panther is offline  
Old July 8th, 2018, 08:48 PM   #87
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Ok. I agree with right to left, where is the evidence. If all of this is true then why is Trump still potus? I doubt our Dems are too shy in pulling the trigger. What gives? We have the evidence why not release it. Unless there is no smoking gun?
Dot Don is still president because of the way laws are structured. The FFs, laive fools that they were, assumed that the guy who was elected president had at least a shred of ethics and morals so the laws surrounding him make it incredibly difficult to punt the bastard.
RNG is offline  
Old July 8th, 2018, 08:57 PM   #88
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 5,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Dot Don is still president because of the way laws are structured. The FFs, laive fools that they were, assumed that the guy who was elected president had at least a shred of ethics and morals so the laws surrounding him make it incredibly difficult to punt the bastard.
The law wasn't strong enough for Nixon. Nor did it keep Bill Clinton's chestnuts out of the fire. So, why the hold up?

Hard to punt Trump? Bill Clinton was impeached for less compared to this doozie, if it is true?
Thanks from right to left
Panther is offline  
Old July 8th, 2018, 09:24 PM   #89
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
The law wasn't strong enough for Nixon. Nor did it keep Bill Clinton's chestnuts out of the fire. So, why the hold up?

Hard to punt Trump? Bill Clinton was impeached for less compared to this doozie, if it is true?
Nixon resigned, and Clinton finished his term. Clinton' in fact wasn't impeached. The proceedings started but were voted down.
RNG is offline  
Old July 8th, 2018, 09:45 PM   #90
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 5,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Nixon resigned, and Clinton finished his term. Clinton' in fact wasn't impeached. The proceedings started but were voted down.
Lets not get bolted down in semantics. But yes, Clinton was impeached and acquitted. Nixon would have been impeached, convicted and removed from office, given the mood of the country, it was a done deal until he resigned. Not to forget A. Johnson being impeached and acquitted as well.

The accusations against Trump is however, far worse in magnitude of a accusation than what any President of ours have had to face so far. But no release of the evidence to back up the claims? I'm no lawyer but i reckon this strikes me as hear say.
Thanks from Sabcat
Panther is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Talk

Tags
meddled, russia, true, trump



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump Will Not Act Against Russia Because Is Very Likely Being Blackmailed By Russia skews13 Americas 53 February 20th, 2018 01:02 PM
Trump admits Russia meddled with the election process RNG Americas 46 July 30th, 2017 10:07 AM
There’s more evidence Team Trump was wiretapped than that Trump colluded with Russia coke Current Events 2 March 12th, 2017 09:05 PM
Trump Discovers Saying Something Doesn't Make It True skews13 Current Events 1 November 15th, 2016 09:38 AM
Trump makes it clear the need for true journalism Octoldit Current Events 6 January 31st, 2016 07:47 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.