Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Politicians

Politicians For topics and discussions about politicians, political leaders, or political figures


Thanks Tree78Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2017, 09:19 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Toefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: No Name City
Posts: 684
Uh OH......

Not so fast Mr Holder

A California GOP lawmaker is challenging the hiring of former U.S. Attorney Eric Holder to fight the Trump administration, saying it may violate the California Constitution.
Assemblyman Kevin Kiley has asked the California Attorney General’s office to investigate whether legislative Democrats ran afoul of the law by retaining Mr. Holder and his law firm, Covington & Burling, for $25,000 per month to do a job that can be performed by state employees.
Mr. Holder was hired last week by the California legislature, which is controlled by Democrats, as outside counsel to provide advice on “our efforts to resist any attempts to roll back the progress California has made” on issues such as climate change to immigration.
But Mr. Kiley cited a court ruling that said the state Constitution forbids hiring outside consultants for roles that can be carried out “adequately and competently’ by those in the civil service, including work “defending California against federal actions.”
“In light of these facts, I respectfully ask your legal opinion as to whether the 1,592 attorneys and legal staff at the State Attorney General’s Office can perform ‘adequately and competently’ the legal services for which Covington & Burling has been retained by the Legislature,” said the Republican Kiley in his letter.
Thanks from caconservative
Toefoot is offline  
Old January 13th, 2017, 09:29 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 15,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Or they're smart enough and have enough forethought to prepare for the coming series of Trumpian disasters.
Or, they know they're in the wrong and are preparing rhetoric in preparation. If they have nothing to worry about, why hire a Liberal-stooge to help them prepare? California no longer has Obimbo to protect the Liberal dogs that run this state. The amount of unfunded debt, and crime in this state is a fact. Take away Federal funding and the "chickens will come home to roost".
caconservative is offline  
Old January 13th, 2017, 09:48 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 15,762
The San Jose city council is now considering providing sanctuary houses for foreign criminals. Changing demography comes with a price. California added about 21,600 private sector jobs in December–90% Minimum Wage.
The State is going to run a deficit of approximately $2 billion this year—even with higher taxes. In December taxes collected were 12% lower than predicted. It is now estimated that the unfunded liability of CalPERS will go up 20% this year, equaling $280 billion added to the $1.4 trillion in unfunded liability.

Last edited by caconservative; January 13th, 2017 at 09:55 AM.
caconservative is offline  
Old January 13th, 2017, 10:18 AM   #44
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
The San Jose city council is now considering providing sanctuary houses for foreign criminals. Changing demography comes with a price. California added about 21,600 private sector jobs in December–90% Minimum Wage.
The State is going to run a deficit of approximately $2 billion this year—even with higher taxes. In December taxes collected were 12% lower than predicted. It is now estimated that the unfunded liability of CalPERS will go up 20% this year, equaling $280 billion added to the $1.4 trillion in unfunded liability.
Do you have a link?
If not it's just yammering.
Daws77 is offline  
Old January 13th, 2017, 10:19 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 15,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daws77 View Post
Do you have a link?
If not it's just yammering.
http://www.capoliticalreview.com/capoliticalnewsandview.
caconservative is offline  
Old January 13th, 2017, 10:28 AM   #46
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Or, they know they're in the wrong and are preparing rhetoric in preparation. If they have nothing to worry about, why hire a Liberal-stooge to help them prepare? California no longer has Obimbo to protect the Liberal dogs that run this state. The amount of unfunded debt, and crime in this state is a fact. Take away Federal funding and the "chickens will come home to roost".
Melodrama at its farcical best.
Only a idiot would think that there won't be a tidal wave of legal opposition to the forced removal of 10 million people.
Daws77 is offline  
Old January 13th, 2017, 10:31 AM   #47
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Extreme right wing bias.
Low to no credibility.
Daws77 is offline  
Old March 31st, 2017, 07:38 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Toefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: No Name City
Posts: 684
Grab your wallets California, Goofy Brown needs more of it.


The highest taxed state in the nation is about to pay more in taxes as California Governor Jerry Brown won agreement from Democrat leaders to push through a long-overdue transportation bill funded by raising gas taxes and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) usage fees.

At a joint press conference at the Capitol Wednesday, the Sacramento Bee reports that Gov. Brown acknowledged California’s roads are pothole-ridden and crumbling, committing to push a “$5.2 billion road-funding package” through both houses of the legislature, which will be a tough sell for some moderate Democrats in swing districts.

Brown’s proposal would hike the state’s gas tax and set up a “user fee” based on a sliding scale tied to a vehicle’s value.

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that the proposal includes “a 12-cent-per-gallon increase in current gas excise taxes on Nov. 1. Future increases would be made through a new tax calculating methodology and annual inflation adjustments. Those changes would begin in 2019 and would be fully implemented in 2020.”

These taxes would be on top of the increased vehicle use fee, which the Times states would “average $51.00 per year based on the value of the car.”


The sliding scale fee for the right to drive on California’s roads starts at $25 for cars valued under $5,000, and rises to $175 for vehicles whose value exceeds $60,000. All electric vehicle owners will be billed $100 — a huge opt-out for those who pay zero gas taxes while driving very expensive cars.


Link for all the Clara's in the world:

Jerry Brown Pushes Huge Tax Increase to Fix Roads - Breitbart
Thanks from caconservative, Sabcat and coke
Toefoot is offline  
Old March 31st, 2017, 07:49 AM   #49
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
Grab your wallets California, Goofy Brown needs more of it.


The highest taxed state in the nation is about to pay more in taxes as California Governor Jerry Brown won agreement from Democrat leaders to push through a long-overdue transportation bill funded by raising gas taxes and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) usage fees.

At a joint press conference at the Capitol Wednesday, the Sacramento Bee reports that Gov. Brown acknowledged California’s roads are pothole-ridden and crumbling, committing to push a “$5.2 billion road-funding package” through both houses of the legislature, which will be a tough sell for some moderate Democrats in swing districts.

Brown’s proposal would hike the state’s gas tax and set up a “user fee” based on a sliding scale tied to a vehicle’s value.

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that the proposal includes “a 12-cent-per-gallon increase in current gas excise taxes on Nov. 1. Future increases would be made through a new tax calculating methodology and annual inflation adjustments. Those changes would begin in 2019 and would be fully implemented in 2020.”

These taxes would be on top of the increased vehicle use fee, which the Times states would “average $51.00 per year based on the value of the car.”


The sliding scale fee for the right to drive on California’s roads starts at $25 for cars valued under $5,000, and rises to $175 for vehicles whose value exceeds $60,000. All electric vehicle owners will be billed $100 — a huge opt-out for those who pay zero gas taxes while driving very expensive cars.


Link for all the Clara's in the world:

Jerry Brown Pushes Huge Tax Increase to Fix Roads - Breitbart
Bogus source.
Fail

Besides it a gas tax, it will sting some but the roads are turning to shit.
You don't live here so why worry?
Daws77 is offline  
Old March 31st, 2017, 07:31 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 15,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daws77 View Post
Bogus source.
Fail

Besides it a gas tax, it will sting some but the roads are turning to shit.
You don't live here so why worry?
Now there's some nitwit remarks. The gas tax was suppose to fix roads. Guess where it went? Now "Moonbeam" wants to raise gas taxes again. Guess where that money will go if passed?
Thanks from Sabcat
caconservative is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Politicians

Tags
brown, california, gov



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Schneider: Jerry Brown for California governor? CNN Current Events 3 October 14th, 2014 10:29 AM
Jerry Brown returns to lead a troubled California msnbc.com Current Events 2 February 28th, 2014 02:13 PM
Stop Gov. Brown from raiding California's budget for prison expansion. intangible child Current Events 8 August 30th, 2013 10:04 AM
Readout of the President’s Call to California Governor Jerry Brown The White House The White House 0 August 26th, 2013 09:51 AM
Schneider: Jerry Brown for California governor? Current Events 0 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.