Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Politicians

Politicians For topics and discussions about politicians, political leaders, or political figures


Thanks Tree25Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2017, 04:19 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of liberal hippies
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Interesting. You're calling some of us LIBTARDS (retarded???) and yet YOU have no idea when the U.S. started imposing income taxes?? Try 1913, Dude.
Obama's school records were never sealed and most presidents have never released their college records, but why would we need them? We do know that after finishing high school in 1979, he attended Occidental College in Los Angeles for two years, transferred to Columbia College in New York City (one of Columbia Universityís four undergraduate schools) for another two years, graduated from Columbia with a bachelorís degree in political science, and then (after a five-year interlude during which he traveled and worked as a community organizer) entered Harvard Law School in 1988 and graduated with a law degree in 1991 AND we know that he graduated magna cum laude.
What about Trump? Have you seen HIS birth cert?? School records? More than likely he graduated magna cum stupid...or maybe Daddy paid for a nice looking framed diploma??
The US started imposing income tax in 1861. The Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional in 1895 with Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Company. You are referencing post Sixteenth Amendment income tax.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 04:47 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
The US started imposing income tax in 1861. The Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional in 1895 with Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Company. You are referencing post Sixteenth Amendment income tax.
I retired four years ago after a lifetime of filing tax returns. My only income is SSA retirement and I no longer have to file until I turn 70 when I have to start taking my IRA out which will put me over the poverty level.

I don't know what to do with all of that money except that I am not going to donate it to charity.
Thanks from Jimmyb
Twisted Sister is online now  
Old February 17th, 2017, 07:29 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
That's an easy one--one word:

Secrets!
Is it secrets, or God forbid, privacy? His, or anybody else's IRS returns are really nobody's business.
caconservative is offline  
Old February 18th, 2017, 10:08 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
The US started imposing income tax in 1861. The Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional in 1895 with Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Company. You are referencing post Sixteenth Amendment income tax.


You are missing the point, Mr. Roboto. Sal asked a stupid question about George Washington and others at that time. THE POINT---because obviously it whizzed over your head--is that those presidents didn't release their tax returns because there were NO federal/state income taxes at that time.
But that's okay. You can just keep supporting an obviously devious president who likes to keep his SECRETS.
Clara007 is online now  
Old February 18th, 2017, 12:15 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Earth
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
You are missing the point, Mr. Roboto. Sal asked a stupid question about George Washington and others at that time. THE POINT---because obviously it whizzed over your head--is that those presidents didn't release their tax returns because there were NO federal/state income taxes at that time.
But that's okay. You can just keep supporting an obviously devious president who likes to keep his SECRETS.
NO. You're the one that has everything going over your head. I was replying to WT with the intent to make her think how clueless her remark was, since she claimed all previous nominees had released their tax returns. If you can't admit to lack of reading comprehension and the understanding of the flow of conversation, then you are a dishonest woman.

For the historical illiterates such as you and WT, Richard Nixon was the first to release his tax return in 1973 in the midst of his scandal, thus his famous phrase "I am not a crook". And he wasn't a nominee, he was POTUS.
Thanks from Jimmyb

Last edited by Salinator1; February 19th, 2017 at 05:11 PM.
Salinator1 is offline  
Old February 18th, 2017, 09:03 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of liberal hippies
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
You are missing the point, Mr. Roboto. Sal asked a stupid question about George Washington and others at that time. THE POINT---because obviously it whizzed over your head--is that those presidents didn't release their tax returns because there were NO federal/state income taxes at that time.
But that's okay. You can just keep supporting an obviously devious president who likes to keep his SECRETS.
Let us highlight a fact: nothing you write has any chance of going over my head.

You made a statement that was historically inaccurate. I added the history. You had a liberal paroxysm.

Your contradictions are telling as well. George Washington's estate continued to produce tobacco and export that tobacco to England while Washington was president. No blind trust, no nothing except business as usual. Moreover, according to you, Trump is the Devil incarnate for doing the same.
Thanks from caconservative
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 10:48 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Let us highlight a fact: nothing you write has any chance of going over my head.

You made a statement that was historically inaccurate. I added the history. You had a liberal paroxysm.

Your contradictions are telling as well. George Washington's estate continued to produce tobacco and export that tobacco to England while Washington was president. No blind trust, no nothing except business as usual. Moreover, according to you, Trump is the Devil incarnate for doing the same.

And BAM! Another flying object zoomed over your head. "LET us highlight a FACT"....no, see, this is a 3rd grade concept. Fact v Opinion. What you highlighted is YOUR opinion....and obviously you have a very high opinion of your intellectual prowess.
I happen to have a different opinion about what flies over your head.

From the IRS Website: In 1913, the income tax system was made permanent thanks to the 16th Amendment to the Constitution. This amendment gave Congress the ability to legally assess tax on income earned by individuals and corporations.

George Washington's estate is completely irrelevant to this discussion. Georgie Boy did NOT pay federal/state income tax. Neither did Jefferson or any of their contemporaries because they were all DEAD by 1913.
Thanks from RNG
Clara007 is online now  
Old February 19th, 2017, 11:02 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of liberal hippies
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
And BAM! Another flying object zoomed over your head. "LET us highlight a FACT"....no, see, this is a 3rd grade concept. Fact v Opinion. What you highlighted is YOUR opinion....and obviously you have a very high opinion of your intellectual prowess.
I happen to have a different opinion about what flies over your head.

From the IRS Website: In 1913, the income tax system was made permanent thanks to the 16th Amendment to the Constitution. This amendment gave Congress the ability to legally assess tax on income earned by individuals and corporations.

George Washington's estate is completely irrelevant to this discussion. Georgie Boy did NOT pay federal/state income tax. Neither did Jefferson or any of their contemporaries because they were all DEAD by 1913.
What I highlighted is historical fact.

This statement of fact...

Quote:
Interesting. You're calling some of us LIBTARDS (retarded???) and yet YOU have no idea when the U.S. started imposing income taxes?? Try 1913, Dude.

...suddenly morphed into this:

Quote:
From the IRS Website: In 1913, the income tax system was made permanent thanks to the 16th Amendment to the Constitution. This amendment gave Congress the ability to legally assess tax on income earned by individuals and corporations.

Using the historical record I provided, when did the federal government start collecting income tax?

And yes, Washington's estate is relevent as it is another distortion of history by you.
Thanks from caconservative and Salinator1
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 02:22 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
The better question would be why aren't his our business when everyone nominated before him has provided theirs?
i think the better question is why has everyone gone along with this absurd tradition without someone saying 'no' before now? it isnt a law, it only started a few decades ago, prior to that nobody cared.
Thanks from coke
hot dragon is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 07:10 PM   #30
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
i think the better question is why has everyone gone along with this absurd tradition without someone saying 'no' before now? it isnt a law, it only started a few decades ago, prior to that nobody cared.
That is a very sensible and common sense level headed comment. Might I suggest you add something about Hitler or Mao the next time.
coke is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Politicians

Tags
release, return, tax, trump



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sign the petition: Immediately release Donald Trump's full tax returns imaginethat Current Events 144 January 24th, 2017 05:49 PM
Assange Is Trolling Clinton Team: Re-release of Podesta Memo To Help Trump Win GOP right to left Current Events 0 January 6th, 2017 01:36 PM
Clinton: Trump 'afraid' to release taxes coke Current Events 7 May 22nd, 2016 08:11 PM
Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Millennials: Return of the Chicken Hawks LongWinded Current Events 28 December 20th, 2015 02:51 PM
Return of Stalinism? imaginethat Current Events 53 January 25th, 2014 03:24 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.