Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Politicians

Politicians For topics and discussions about politicians, political leaders, or political figures


Thanks Tree1Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2017, 05:03 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,233
Priming the pump

I would like to hear a Trump supporter explain why Trump took credit for inventing the term "priming the pump."

How can a person who presents him/herself as credible make that statement?
Thanks from Twisted Sister
imaginethat is online now  
Old May 14th, 2017, 05:12 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I would like to hear a Trump supporter explain why Trump took credit for inventing the term "priming the pump."

How can a person who presents him/herself as credible make that statement?


Here's a link: Donald Trump Says He Invented 'Priming the Pump' Phrase | Time.com

He (Trump) went on to say he believed he created this particular phrasing.
"Have you heard that expression used before? Because I havenít heard it. I mean, I just Ö I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good."
Clara007 is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 05:19 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Here's a link: Donald Trump Says He Invented 'Priming the Pump' Phrase | Time.com

He (Trump) went on to say he believed he created this particular phrasing.
"Have you heard that expression used before? Because I havenít heard it. I mean, I just Ö I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good."
Detached from reality it seems, but please Trump supporters, explain why Donnie's saying this is makes sense.
imaginethat is online now  
Old May 14th, 2017, 05:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,496
Even more bizarre, he "came up with it a couple of days ago" - yet used the phrase multiple times during the campaign.

The man is physically incapable of telling the truth.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 05:51 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Even more bizarre, he "came up with it a couple of days ago" - yet used the phrase multiple times during the campaign.

The man is physically incapable of telling the truth.
It's worse than that.

I think he thinks he's telling the truth.

That makes him delusional.

A pathological liar at least understands reality and, while he may constantly lie about things, can at least do things that comport with reality. Delusional people will act in accordance to what they THINK is reality making them unpredictable and (in the case of someone with a lot of power like a POTUS) dangerous.
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 06:09 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 8,405
Trump is a guy who is used to being surrounded by fawning sycophants.
And when things get a little beyond his reach, he reverts to that mode where he can say anything, everyone nods in agreement, and a couple of people say "Brilliant!"

And it always seemed to work before, so he's pretty sure it will work again, and he really doesn't obsess with those who say it doesn't because that's "fake news" .

He asked Comey for loyalty, he's done that before, and he's fired the people who wouldn't go along, and it all worked out.
He is having a hard time working in space where there are lots of people who he can't shut out, who are questioning him and his statements, that never really happened before.
goober is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 06:17 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Trump is a guy who is used to being surrounded by fawning sycophants.
And when things get a little beyond his reach, he reverts to that mode where he can say anything, everyone nods in agreement, and a couple of people say "Brilliant!"

And it always seemed to work before, so he's pretty sure it will work again, and he really doesn't obsess with those who say it doesn't because that's "fake news" .

He asked Comey for loyalty, he's done that before, and he's fired the people who wouldn't go along, and it all worked out.
He is having a hard time working in space where there are lots of people who he can't shut out, who are questioning him and his statements, that never really happened before.
That is one explanation for his behavior. I'd like to hear the explanation Trump supporters favor.

Are ya out there??
imaginethat is online now  
Old May 14th, 2017, 06:21 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 8,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
That is one explanation for his behavior. I'd like to hear the explanation Trump supporters favor.

Are ya out there??
It's an explanation that works, and it doesn't depend on Trump suffering from a mental disease, it allows that he is a rational actor, acting rationally, based on his experience in the real world.
goober is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 06:50 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
It's an explanation that works, and it doesn't depend on Trump suffering from a mental disease, it allows that he is a rational actor, acting rationally, based on his experience in the real world.
I think your analysis is spot on.

I want to hear how Trump's supporters see the situation.
imaginethat is online now  
Old May 14th, 2017, 10:09 AM   #10
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,285
When I got my first job as an acting engineer, I heard for the first time what I was told then was an old joke.

When up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to remember that your assignment was to drain the swamp. That was in 1983.

But Trumputin just coined it, really.
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Politicians

Tags
priming, pump



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You're Enjoying Lower Price$-At-The-Pump?? Medicine Man Current Events 2 October 28th, 2014 09:05 AM
Insulin Pump fry in the pool Peter Forsberg Healthcare 2 July 14th, 2014 08:51 PM
Prices At The Pump!! Medicine Man Current Events 21 June 17th, 2014 01:02 PM
How about that Pump. The only thing Obama did not lie about. TNVolunteer73 Current Events 140 February 25th, 2013 07:28 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.