Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Politicians

Politicians For topics and discussions about politicians, political leaders, or political figures


Thanks Tree16Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2017, 06:10 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,230
'I'm The Only One That Matters,' Trump Says Of State Dept. Job Vacancies

The only one....
'I'm The Only One That Matters,' Trump Says Of State Dept. Job Vacancies

President Trump says "I'm the only one that matters" in setting U.S. foreign policy, downplaying the importance of high-level jobs such as the assistant secretary of state, which is currently vacant.

"Let me tell you, the one that matters is me," Trump said in an interview that aired on Fox News Thursday night. "I'm the only one that matters, because when it comes to it, that's what the policy is going to be. You've seen that, you've seen it strongly."

The president was responding to a question from Fox's Laura Ingraham, who asked him, "Are you worried that the State Department doesn't have enough Donald Trump nominees in there to push your vision through?"

Ingraham added, "other State Departments, including Reagan's, at times, undermined his agenda. And there is a concern that the State Department currently is undermining your agenda."

Trump said, "So, we don't need all the people that they want. You know, don't forget, I'm a businessperson. I tell my people, 'Where you don't need to fill slots, don't fill them.' But we have some people that I'm not happy with their thinking process."
Not happy.

More: 'I'm The Only One That Matters,' Trump Says Of State Dept. Job Vacancies : The Two-Way : NPR
imaginethat is offline  
Old November 3rd, 2017, 06:17 AM   #2
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,948
Yes he needs to have these jobs filled.
TNVolunteer73 is online now  
Old November 3rd, 2017, 06:30 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 833
Well, duh. The President sets the foreign policy, State Department carries it out. What are we supposed to think here?
BS Filter is online now  
Old November 3rd, 2017, 06:50 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,895
I don’t what we’re “supposed” to think but I can tell you what this tells me.

It tells me we’ve elected a know nothing narcissist who’s inexperience and willful ignorance shows itself almost every time he opens his mouth.

And if this were not scary enough we have a sizable portion of the population who continue to support this President. I can only conclude this support is the result of stupidity or blind partisanship because it sure as hell cant be about competence or accomplishments.
Thanks from Camelot, Hollywood and Clara007
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old November 3rd, 2017, 06:53 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
I don’t what we’re “supposed” to think but I can tell you what this tells me.

It tells me we’ve elected a know nothing narcissist who’s inexperience and willful ignorance shows itself almost every time he opens his mouth.

And if this were not scary enough we have a sizable portion of the population who continue to support this President. I can only conclude this support is the result of stupidity or blind partisanship because it sure as hell cant be about competence or accomplishments.
Yeah, we're all stupid. Anything else?
BS Filter is online now  
Old November 3rd, 2017, 06:58 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
Yeah, we're all stupid. Anything else?
I did not say you were all stupid. Many of you are hyper partisan. You’d rather support a bad Republican than criticize them.
Thanks from Hollywood
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old November 3rd, 2017, 07:03 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
I did not say you were all stupid. Many of you are hyper partisan. You’d rather support a bad Republican than criticize them.
There are plenty bad Republicans. They're the ones hindering Trump. McCain is the worst, McConnell, Ryan, Kasich. Satisfied now?
BS Filter is online now  
Old November 3rd, 2017, 07:13 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
The only one....
'I'm The Only One That Matters,' Trump Says Of State Dept. Job Vacancies

President Trump says "I'm the only one that matters" in setting U.S. foreign policy, downplaying the importance of high-level jobs such as the assistant secretary of state, which is currently vacant.

"Let me tell you, the one that matters is me," Trump said in an interview that aired on Fox News Thursday night. "I'm the only one that matters, because when it comes to it, that's what the policy is going to be. You've seen that, you've seen it strongly."

The president was responding to a question from Fox's Laura Ingraham, who asked him, "Are you worried that the State Department doesn't have enough Donald Trump nominees in there to push your vision through?"

Ingraham added, "other State Departments, including Reagan's, at times, undermined his agenda. And there is a concern that the State Department currently is undermining your agenda."

Trump said, "So, we don't need all the people that they want. You know, don't forget, I'm a businessperson. I tell my people, 'Where you don't need to fill slots, don't fill them.' But we have some people that I'm not happy with their thinking process."
Not happy.

More: 'I'm The Only One That Matters,' Trump Says Of State Dept. Job Vacancies : The Two-Way : NPR

Nah, HE's not an arrogant narcissistic jacksass.
Nothing would make him happier than to be an absolute dictator.
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 3rd, 2017, 07:17 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
The only one....
'I'm The Only One That Matters,' Trump Says Of State Dept. Job Vacancies

President Trump says "I'm the only one that matters" in setting U.S. foreign policy, downplaying the importance of high-level jobs such as the assistant secretary of state, which is currently vacant.

"Let me tell you, the one that matters is me," Trump said in an interview that aired on Fox News Thursday night. "I'm the only one that matters, because when it comes to it, that's what the policy is going to be. You've seen that, you've seen it strongly."

The president was responding to a question from Fox's Laura Ingraham, who asked him, "Are you worried that the State Department doesn't have enough Donald Trump nominees in there to push your vision through?"

Ingraham added, "other State Departments, including Reagan's, at times, undermined his agenda. And there is a concern that the State Department currently is undermining your agenda."

Trump said, "So, we don't need all the people that they want. You know, don't forget, I'm a businessperson. I tell my people, 'Where you don't need to fill slots, don't fill them.' But we have some people that I'm not happy with their thinking process."
Not happy.

More: 'I'm The Only One That Matters,' Trump Says Of State Dept. Job Vacancies : The Two-Way : NPR
Those will be his famous last words at his sentencing hearing.
Thanks from Clara007
skews13 is offline  
Old November 3rd, 2017, 07:18 AM   #10
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,398
Another example that he is unfit to serve. When asked about the Niger ambush, he claimed that the generals were all that mattered. See a trend here ?
Camelot is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Politicians

Tags
dept, job, matters, state, trump, vacancies



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memo Warning State Dept About Leaks, Is Leaked skews13 Current Events 0 February 25th, 2017 06:46 AM
Former IG says Hillary, State Dept. are Lying excalibur Current Events 0 January 31st, 2016 12:02 PM
Attention State Dept. roastpork Current Events 7 May 22nd, 2015 11:56 AM
What Happens When You Put The French In Charge Of The State Dept? Hondo69 Current Events 3 February 25th, 2013 07:19 AM
State Dept.: Wikileaks would risk lives CNN Current Events 3 November 28th, 2010 10:59 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.