Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Progressivism

Progressivism Progressivism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree41Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2016, 09:27 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
So we are talking about how PM Zoolander being an ultra progressive is rubbing off on the Canadian people's. You asked why I cared and I asked why you didn't.

Maybe you need to clarify your post because "it's Canada" and then going off on some tangent about my views on political correctness I understood from your statment was that you supported it. You clearly stated that you did not so I took that as you just did not care. To me that sounds apathetic. Did I get it wrong?
Yeah, you did. Your side is so puffed up right now it's a wonder you can see clearly enough to tie your shoes. Hopefully, the swelling will go down, oh maybe by spring or so.

It's your team that, except for right now, is always crowing about who insignificant Canada is and how we should not even take anything they say or do very seriously, the pussies.

But right now, you care, so I should care. I don't care. If Canada goes full blown socialist, I don't care. It's their business. It's not my business and it's not yours.

Your side throws around the sickness of political correctness, and to a degree you're on target but what you don't see is your own PC. You're always going off on lefties, how they shouldn't do this and should do that. Always.

It's your right to do so. I don't care about stopping you from having your opinion.
Thanks from Daws77
imaginethat is offline  
Old December 19th, 2016, 09:42 PM   #42
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Yeah, you did. Your side is so puffed up right now it's a wonder you can see clearly enough to tie your shoes. Hopefully, the swelling will go down, oh maybe by spring or so.

It's your team that, except for right now, is always crowing about who insignificant Canada is and how we should not even take anything they say or do very seriously, the pussies.

But right now, you care, so I should care. I don't care. If Canada goes full blown socialist, I don't care. It's their business. It's not my business and it's not yours.

Your side throws around the sickness of political correctness, and to a degree you're on target but what you don't see is your own PC. You're always going off on lefties, how they shouldn't do this and should do that. Always.

It's your right to do so. I don't care about stopping you from having your opinion.
So why again was I wrong about the apathy?


Canada is on track to go down the roads of Sweden and Germany. Hence the canary in the coal mine analogy. We need to pay attention to how these progressive policies have a negative effect on on other "free nations" so we can take note to not allow them to take hold here.

The issue I have w/ the progressives is that they always use the state to implement their ideals. That is the issue IMO. If they just kept their crazy to themselves I wouldn't care but they feel tha everyone should do what they think is best. It is no different, in fact sometimes it is worse as when the religious do it. At least when the religious do it I can just point to their invisible friend and say "yeah, no. I don't have the same imaginary friend as you so your crazy doesn't apply to me" but when you say that to progressives they call you racist, sexist or some sort of phobic. It is ridiculous.
Thanks from caconservative

Last edited by Sabcat; December 19th, 2016 at 09:49 PM.
Sabcat is offline  
Old December 20th, 2016, 08:10 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
So why again was I wrong about the apathy?


Canada is on track to go down the roads of Sweden and Germany. Hence the canary in the coal mine analogy. We need to pay attention to how these progressive policies have a negative effect on on other "free nations" so we can take note to not allow them to take hold here.

The issue I have w/ the progressives is that they always use the state to implement their ideals. That is the issue IMO. If they just kept their crazy to themselves I wouldn't care but they feel tha everyone should do what they think is best. It is no different, in fact sometimes it is worse as when the religious do it. At least when the religious do it I can just point to their invisible friend and say "yeah, no. I don't have the same imaginary friend as you so your crazy doesn't apply to me" but when you say that to progressives they call you racist, sexist or some sort of phobic. It is ridiculous.
No, you've never established why you're RIGHT about my apathy. It's a tactic and it's one you use frequently, like Trump, and Putin: Never mind establishing why you're right; tell me why I'm wrong.

You guys just won the presidency and Congress, but it hasn't helped with your paranoia at all. In fact, it's intensified it.

You may as well accept the fact that the US isn't going to be exclusively a right-winger's paradise, not now, not ever, not remaining the Republic that it is. Only through your kind of PC censorship and coercion could your politically correct dream ever materialize.

That is what I've been trying to point to you, but won't see it, no, I'm "apathetic" is your response. Your side trusts in the free market to regulate economics, but somehow you can't trust the free market of ideas to shake out politics. Your minds are filled with all these trigger issues, and you can't discuss these issues, can't see the good and the bad.

It's all bad, and we need to be afraid, very afraid.
Thanks from skews13
imaginethat is offline  
Old December 20th, 2016, 08:16 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
No, you've never established why you're RIGHT about my apathy. It's a tactic and it's one you use frequently, like Trump, and Putin: Never mind establishing why you're right; tell me why I'm wrong.

You guys just won the presidency and Congress, but it hasn't helped with your paranoia at all. In fact, it's intensified it.

You may as well accept the fact that the US isn't going to be exclusively a right-winger's paradise, not now, not ever, not remaining the Republic that it is. Only through your kind of PC censorship and coercion could your politically correct dream ever materialize.

That is what I've been trying to point to you, but won't see it, no, I'm "apathetic" is your response. Your side trusts in the free market to regulate economics, but somehow you can't trust the free market of ideas to shake out politics. Your minds are filled with all these trigger issues, and you can't discuss these issues, can't see the good and the bad.

It's all bad, and we need to be afraid, very afraid.

Quote:
You guys just won the presidency and Congress, but it hasn't helped with your paranoia at all. In fact, it's intensified it.

Correction. Won the electoral college because of 76,000 votes divided between 4 swing state districts.

A very, very temporary situation.
Thanks from Daws77
skews13 is offline  
Old December 20th, 2016, 08:22 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
So why again was I wrong about the apathy?


Canada is on track to go down the roads of Sweden and Germany. Hence the canary in the coal mine analogy. We need to pay attention to how these progressive policies have a negative effect on on other "free nations" so we can take note to not allow them to take hold here.

The issue I have w/ the progressives is that they always use the state to implement their ideals. That is the issue IMO. If they just kept their crazy to themselves I wouldn't care but they feel tha everyone should do what they think is best. It is no different, in fact sometimes it is worse as when the religious do it. At least when the religious do it I can just point to their invisible friend and say "yeah, no. I don't have the same imaginary friend as you so your crazy doesn't apply to me" but when you say that to progressives they call you racist, sexist or some sort of phobic. It is ridiculous.
If they do decide to go down that road. Good for them.

Just keep in mind they are our largest trading partner.

Want a pure capitalist system?

You better move somewhere else, because the US isn't one.

Capitalism only applies to the working class here.

The wealthy individuals and corporations enjoy all of the benefits of Socialism.
Thanks from Clara007
skews13 is offline  
Old December 20th, 2016, 09:05 AM   #46
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
If Sabcat didn't find something to obsess over he'did
Probably shoot himself.
Thanks from Clara007
Daws77 is offline  
Old December 20th, 2016, 09:28 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
If they do decide to go down that road. Good for them.

Just keep in mind they are our largest trading partner.

Want a pure capitalist system?

You better move somewhere else, because the US isn't one.

Capitalism only applies to the working class here.

The wealthy individuals and corporations enjoy all of the benefits of Socialism.


The world/country that Sabcat obsesses over does not exist and probably WON'T, at least in his lifetime. Government is here to stay.
Thanks from Daws77
Clara007 is offline  
Old December 20th, 2016, 09:55 AM   #48
Banned
 
Generaloberst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Correction. Won the electoral college because of 76,000 votes divided between 4 swing state districts.

A very, very temporary situation.
Get fucked. We won and you lost. Our system operates under the Electoral College. If you don't like that, you can fuck off to Cuckada and stay there, maybe give Justin Castro the reach-around.
Thanks from Sabcat
Generaloberst is offline  
Old December 20th, 2016, 10:12 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
The butt hurt is real.

The neutering of the bullshit artists is more than they can bare.

Not even the election of Agent Orange can make up for it.

Seems Obimbo had effectively neutered you. Free speech must be stopped!! Intermingling of idea's must be stopped! Only "big-brother's" thoughts and ideas can be excepted. Yup...you've been neutered. And Daws77 agrees with you?! How funny!
Thanks from Sabcat
caconservative is offline  
Old December 20th, 2016, 10:15 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daws77 View Post
If Sabcat didn't find something to obsess over he'did
Probably shoot himself.
Are you obsessed with Sabcat? Please don't shoot yourself. Use Hillary's defeat instead.
Thanks from Sabcat
caconservative is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Progressivism

Tags
canada, cucked, justin, trudeau



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trouble for Trudeau? excalibur Current Events 5 November 24th, 2016 05:08 PM
Trudeau Drops Campaign Promises and Goes All In With Deficits excalibur Current Events 2 February 23rd, 2016 10:41 AM
Genius of Gary Trudeau RNG Political Humor 0 November 30th, 2013 09:48 PM
Do you think Justin will be next Canada PM? Sven Political Talk 5 April 24th, 2013 12:39 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.