Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Progressivism

Progressivism Progressivism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree85Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2017, 08:43 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
If this is your case you sold yourself short depending what field you are in. My salary is directly connected to what I bring in and common place to negotiate.

In short, I am estimator that seeks and wins short term/ long term contracts be it MATOC/IDIQ/SABER/Corp of Engineers and the private market.

I have also walked away from jobs and give them a polite "No thank you". It is a small world and burning bridges can come back and bite you.
What on earth would give you the idea I am talking about myself or you?
What I said is pretty much true of ALL employers.
Don't understand why you want to make this personal.
Thanks from Toefoot
Hollywood is offline  
Old May 11th, 2017, 08:57 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Toefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: No Name City
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
What on earth would give you the idea I am talking about myself or you?
What I said is pretty much true of ALL employers.
Don't understand why you want to make this personal.
Did somebody whisper this information in your ear for you to share with me or did you learn from personal experience when it came to the job market?

Idiots dipped in moron and sprinkled with progressive dust.
Thanks from Sabcat and Twisted Sister
Toefoot is offline  
Old May 11th, 2017, 09:23 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
Did somebody whisper this information in your ear for you to share with me or did you learn from personal experience when it came to the job market?

Idiots dipped in moron and sprinkled with progressive dust.
Hollywood is unaccustomed with contactor lingo. I know what a proprietorship is and the difference between a type S and type C corporation. I am always willing to learn more about business and talk about a bottom feeder (low bidder) does not dismay me.
Thanks from Toefoot
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old May 11th, 2017, 09:43 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Huh?
Instead of private ownership, it would be legislated that all business must be in the form of a co-op or maybe union. That is my understanding of what Democratic Socialism is.
Thanks from Sabcat and Toefoot
username is offline  
Old May 11th, 2017, 09:45 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolo View Post
Fair pay is, initially, all the profits made by a company shared out equally by those who do the work and excluding managers. Later it will be 'to each according to his/her need'.
So you see Democratic Socialism as a step to a marxist ran state? In what form? Would you favor a Communist State such as endtherepublic has indicated? Its good to here different ideology and the reason behind it.
username is offline  
Old May 11th, 2017, 09:56 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Toefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: No Name City
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Hollywood is unaccustomed with contactor lingo. I know what a proprietorship is and the difference between a type S and type C corporation. I am always willing to learn more about business and talk about a bottom feeder (low bidder) does not dismay me.
Bottom feeders have no longevity and short life spans but do damage. Several times I have been called in for a cleanup contract to correct issues.

Nowadays Bid Bonds/Performance Bonds/Liquidated damages/EMR rating/CPARS/COI seem to have removed bottom feeders.

The problem is it also removes good small businesses from competition for lack of financials and past performance and at some point you end up doing a teaming agreement or Joint Venture with and existing larger government contractor just to get your toe in the door.

Being a HUD certified contractor is even more difficult because HUD zones change and the rules are geared to a certain demographic.
Toefoot is offline  
Old May 11th, 2017, 09:57 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
Did somebody whisper this information in your ear for you to share with me or did you learn from personal experience when it came to the job market?

Idiots dipped in moron and sprinkled with progressive dust.
It's pretty much common knowledge, and common sense, for anyone that has actually been in the business world for any length of time.

Maybe your personal experience has been different because it appears you have mainly worked either for the government or as a contractor hired by the govt. "Sucking on the government teat" as some RW conservatives like to say.
Whereas I, except for a single hitch in the Marines, have always worked in private industry.

Would you like to refute or dispute what i said or what?
Hollywood is offline  
Old May 11th, 2017, 10:06 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Toefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: No Name City
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
It's pretty much common knowledge, and common sense, for anyone that has actually been in the business world for any length of time.

Maybe your personal experience has been different because it appears you have mainly worked either for the government or as a contractor hired by the govt. "Sucking on the government teat" as some RW conservatives like to say.
Whereas I, except for a single hitch in the Marines, have always worked in private industry.

Would you like to refute or dispute what i said or what?
56% - 59% of my contracts are with the private sector and make up more of my profit margins when compared to government contracts annually.

As for disputing what you said, whats your point.
Toefoot is offline  
Old May 11th, 2017, 10:14 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
56% - 59% of my contracts are with the private sector and make up more of my profit margins when compared to government contracts annually.

As for disputing what you said, whats your point.
If you have no wish to contest, refute, dispute or even discuss my post what are you posting to me for? One can only assume that you agree with what I said but do not wish to say so. for whatever reason.
Hollywood is offline  
Old May 11th, 2017, 10:18 AM   #30
Banned
 
Santa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolo View Post
Fair pay is, initially, all the profits made by a company shared out equally by those who do the work and excluding managers. Later it will be 'to each according to his/her need'.
Not in the United States it won't pussycat.
Thanks from Sabcat
Santa is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Progressivism

Tags
fair pay



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A new UN report "shatters the notion" that Assad is somehow "a lesser evil" than ISIS imaginethat Middle East 28 April 13th, 2016 06:59 AM
Conservative Group Blasts the Pope: "Paganism" Has "Entered the Church" LongWinded Current Events 8 September 29th, 2015 05:00 PM
Bruce Jenner on "Vanity Fair" Cover tristanrobin Current Events 141 June 14th, 2015 08:18 AM
warren buffett, "rich not paying their fair share" intangible child Current Events 46 October 4th, 2014 08:32 PM
Up-Coming Event: "Kid" Obama To WHUP "conservative"-Butt!!! Medicine Man Current Events 3 July 30th, 2014 11:23 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.