Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Progressivism

Progressivism Progressivism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree99Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2017, 08:13 AM   #41
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 26,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
You're making my point catus.

First, we've lowered the onset of puberty with chemicals on and in our food. We know this is happening, but profit drives capitalism so let's not talk about what we know.

Then there's our sex-dripping society, again mainly driven by using sex to sell things, the profit motive again.

So rather than oppose the trends driving our children into making decisions children shouldn't have to make, we consider it good parenting to teach them how to masturbate, and how the other sex masturbates just for good measure.

I am NOT advocating "Just say no," to be clear. I'm asking adults where is your love and your moral backbone? In your example, who's asking why a young teenagers are having sex?

Of course the answer is plain, listed right above, the result of an evermore materialistic society that's driven by making a profit. When the hell will we wake up, and stop this blind rush into a brave new world?
One nit-picky thing. Much of the earlier onset of puperty is due to better nutrition for pregnant women and for infants and children.

On the main thrust of this thread, answer your kid's questions honestly, if they are masturbating other than in private, gently explain to them that that is something to be done in private.

As to the sexualization of our society, I agree that ads and "entertainment" drive it including to the very young, but other than some type of draconian censorship, I don't know how that could be achieved.
Thanks from imaginethat, catus felis and Sabcat
RNG is offline  
Old July 31st, 2017, 08:22 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
One nit-picky thing. Much of the earlier onset of puperty is due to better nutrition for pregnant women and for infants and children.

On the main thrust of this thread, answer your kid's questions honestly, if they are masturbating other than in private, gently explain to them that that is something to be done in private.

As to the sexualization of our society, I agree that ads and "entertainment" drive it including to the very young, but other than some type of draconian censorship, I don't know how that could be achieved.
How about parents who don't follow the latest advice on how to be a good parent?

How about parents who actually do things with their children rather than let the iPad baby sit their four-year old?

How about parents who are on the other end, parents who "plan" for their children every moment with lessons and approved activities.

Goddammit, why won't we let children be children?
Thanks from RNG, Sabcat, Hollywood and 1 others
imaginethat is online now  
Old July 31st, 2017, 08:34 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Innocence is not overrated. If you think it is either you have no children or you don't appreciate them if you do.

Living Jesus, we pump or children full of growth hormones via industrial meat, milk, and cheese, hastening puberty dramatically in an adult-created society that is flooded with uncouth expressions of human sexuality, and then there are folks like you who sweep it all under the rug with "Innocence is overrated."

Too much information is at least as undesirable as too little.
well said sir.
Sensible is offline  
Old July 31st, 2017, 08:41 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by catus felis View Post
How about a friend of my daughters. She got pregnant at 14 because she and her boyfriend thought that 'pulling out' was a good method of birth control.
What in the world was she doing having sex at 14, probably killed the baby too!
Sensible is offline  
Old July 31st, 2017, 08:41 AM   #45
Beach Goddess
 
catus felis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: arkansas
Posts: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
You're making my point catus.

First, we've lowered the onset of puberty with chemicals on and in our food. We know this is happening, but profit drives capitalism so let's not talk about what we know.

Then there's our sex-dripping society, again mainly driven by using sex to sell things, the profit motive again.

So rather than oppose the trends driving our children into making decisions children shouldn't have to make, we consider it good parenting to teach them how to masturbate, and how the other sex masturbates just for good measure.

I am NOT advocating "Just say no," to be clear. I'm asking adults where is your love and your moral backbone? In your example, who's asking why a young teenagers are having sex?

Of course the answer is plain, listed right above, the result of an evermore materialistic society that's driven by making a profit. When the hell will we wake up, and stop this blind rush into a brave new world?
We're not going to 'wake up and stop' it. You can either adapt to modern society and protect your children, or you can keep them ignorant and risk pregnancy and std's.

BTW....no child has to be TAUGHT how to masturbate. They figure that out all on their own.

All the parents in that video were doing was having an honest conversation regarding a delicate subject instead of pretending their kids didn't know anything about masturbation.

As to 'why' young teenagers are having sex....there are many reasons. Peer pressure. Fear of losing a boyfriend. They want to.

If your children feel comfortable coming to you with these issues, you just might be able to prevent becoming a grandparent in your 30's.
catus felis is offline  
Old July 31st, 2017, 08:45 AM   #46
Beach Goddess
 
catus felis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: arkansas
Posts: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
What in the world was she doing having sex at 14,

Having sex.

probably killed the baby too!

Nope. She gave birth not long after her 15th birthday. That baby had her first baby 16 years later.

Talk about history repeating itself!
Thanks from Sabcat
catus felis is offline  
Old July 31st, 2017, 08:47 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by catus felis View Post
We're not going to 'wake up and stop' it. You can either adapt to modern society and protect your children, or you can keep them ignorant and risk pregnancy and std's.

BTW....no child has to be TAUGHT how to masturbate. They figure that out all on their own.

All the parents in that video were doing was having an honest conversation regarding a delicate subject instead of pretending their kids didn't know anything about masturbation.

As to 'why' young teenagers are having sex....there are many reasons. Peer pressure. Fear of losing a boyfriend. They want to.

If your children feel comfortable coming to you with these issues, you just might be able to prevent becoming a grandparent in your 30's.
So did your dad buy your sister a vibrator for her 7th Birthday, maybe one for you also? You who are ok with sexually active young children are sick. Part is the problem is we want them to grow up to quickly, I agree with IT for once let them be children.
Sensible is offline  
Old July 31st, 2017, 08:59 AM   #48
Beach Goddess
 
catus felis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: arkansas
Posts: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
So did your dad buy your sister a vibrator for her 7th Birthday, maybe one for you also? You who are ok with sexually active young children are sick. Part is the problem is we want them to grow up to quickly, I agree with IT for once let them be children.
Having read your remarks on the PP thread, and this one, I must say that having learned that engaging your type in conversation is not only a waste of time and energy, but also of intellect.

Therefore, allow me to put this on a level base enough for you to understand!

Go screw yourself.
Thanks from RNG
catus felis is offline  
Old July 31st, 2017, 09:02 AM   #49
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
You're making my point catus.

First, we've lowered the onset of puberty with chemicals on and in our food. We know this is happening, but profit drives capitalism so let's not talk about what we know.

Then there's our sex-dripping society, again mainly driven by using sex to sell things, the profit motive again.

So rather than oppose the trends driving our children into making decisions children shouldn't have to make, we consider it good parenting to teach them how to masturbate, and how the other sex masturbates just for good measure.

I am NOT advocating "Just say no," to be clear. I'm asking adults where is your love and your moral backbone? In your example, who's asking why a young teenagers are having sex?

Of course the answer is plain, listed right above, the result of an evermore materialistic society that's driven by making a profit. When the hell will we wake up, and stop this blind rush into a brave new world?


You are over looking the elephant in the room , man in the boat if you will.

Why does this need to exist? The family unit has been so deteriorated that something so personal has been degraded to a ten minute YouTube video. These people are parents (or actors pretending to be parents) were they raised by the sexually repressed and forced to figure these things out on their own and are so uncomfortable w/ the subject matter that they prefer their children to learn such things in this commercial manner? This is not a blanket issue. Each human develops at a different pace, it is part of being a parent, being in tune w/ your children and open and honest w/ them. It is not a coincidence that single mothers raise single mothers. This is very sad and is a symptom of our society.
Sabcat is offline  
Old July 31st, 2017, 09:03 AM   #50
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by catus felis View Post
How about a friend of my daughters. She got pregnant at 14 because she and her boyfriend thought that 'pulling out' was a good method of birth control.
Was she a single mother?
Sabcat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Progressivism

Tags
children, explaining, masturbation



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Explaining the Trump phenomenon RNG Americas 3 February 18th, 2017 05:21 PM
explaining webguy4 Christianity 0 February 19th, 2015 11:10 AM
Christian Masturbation pensacola_niceman Christianity 86 May 19th, 2009 02:55 PM
Masturbation tadpole256 Healthcare 50 May 6th, 2007 07:11 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.