Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Progressivism

Progressivism Progressivism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree37Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2018, 11:06 AM   #81
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,415
Not much I can say about trans issues, except that when it goes past cross-dressing to having hormone treatments and operations, we've entered an unnatural realm made possible by modern technology, because it presents more complications than solutions.

In this example...as I understand, "Mack" was born female and started taking hormone treatments and having operations to become male. It seems that the natural physical disparity in testosterone levels between men and women should have led responsible authorities to regard Mack as a man and compete with other male wrestlers.

This shouldn't be a problem as it is with the reverse-where a man has a sex change to become a woman. Many female athletes object, for good reason to having former men added in to their competitions because the newly defined women still have blood testosterone levels that would set up a female competitor for drug testing and further scrutiny.
right to left is offline  
Old March 2nd, 2018, 11:07 AM   #82
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
He is only there because Texas is forcing him to wrestle girls

You still dont understand, and until you do, perhaps you should STFU.....
Nope. She chose to take performance enhancing drugs, she chose to join the team and she chose beat up those other girls. And the athletic authorities should choose to strip her of her title for doping just like any other athlete world wide who cheats.
Thanks from imaginethat
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 2nd, 2018, 11:09 AM   #83
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Nope. She [/b] chose to take performance enhancing drugs, she chose to join the team and she chose beat up those other girls. And the athletic authorities should choose [b] to strip her of her title for doping just like any other athlete world wide who cheats.
Sabcat, stop attacking a minor.....

He is not taking hormones against the governing body. Because his HRT is being done under a doctor's care, it is perfectly legal by the rules and regulations set up by those "athletic authorities" you mentioned.

A little reading and understanding can go a long way. But i get it, reading is boring and understanding is unheard of around here
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 2nd, 2018, 11:14 AM   #84
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to left View Post
Not much I can say about trans issues, except that when it goes past cross-dressing to having hormone treatments and operations, we've entered an unnatural realm made possible by modern technology, because it presents more complications than solutions.

In this example...as I understand, "Mack" was born female and started taking hormone treatments and having operations to become male. It seems that the natural physical disparity in testosterone levels between men and women should have led responsible authorities to regard Mack as a man and compete with other male wrestlers.

This shouldn't be a problem as it is with the reverse-where a man has a sex change to become a woman. Many female athletes object, for good reason to having former men added in to their competitions because the newly defined women still have blood testosterone levels that would set up a female competitor for drug testing and further scrutiny.


Also, in regard to men pretending to be women to beat women at womens sports, there is the fact that the high levels of testosterone and other things that go along biologically when men are developing there are a number of advantages that they have. From larger lung compasity, stronger bones, mode muscle mass just to name a few.

Men and women are not the same!!! No matter how much these insane postmodernists cry that they are.

If this goes unchecked it will be the end of womens sports.


Now, i hate the wnba...but it still would suck if these girls no longer had a place to play because a bunch of washed out college boys decided to put on dresses to take their jobs. Seriously. Were are the womens rights activists on this one?
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 2nd, 2018, 11:17 AM   #85
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Also, in regard to men pretending to be women to beat women at womens sports, there is the fact that the high levels of testosterone and other things that go along biologically when men are developing there are a number of advantages that they have. From larger lung compasity, stronger bones, mode muscle mass just to name a few.

Men and women are not the same!!! No matter how much these insane postmodernists cry that they are.

If this goes unchecked it will be the end of womens sports.


Now, i hate the wnba...but it still would suck if these girls no longer had a place to play because a bunch of washed out college boys decided to put on dresses to take their jobs. Seriously. Were are the womens rights activists on this one?
Right here Sabcat

But, you are so far off base with your ridiculous washed up college boy players in dresses, it isnt even worth the effort. Clearly you dont know anything on this topic if you think that is seriously happening.
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 2nd, 2018, 02:10 PM   #86
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
Right here Sabcat

But, you are so far off base with your ridiculous washed up college boy players in dresses, it isnt even worth the effort. Clearly you dont know anything on this topic if you think that is seriously happening.
Watch this.


https://youtu.be/ZLKjtvp2Jg0
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 2nd, 2018, 03:16 PM   #87
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 59,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
The suicide rate for police officers is 12 per 100,000. For the general public it 13 per 100,000. So you are wrong.
From the CDC, the top twenty:

1. Farmworkers, fishermen, lumberjacks, others in forestry or agriculture (85 suicides per 100,000)

2. Carpenters, miners, electricians, construction trades (53)

3. Mechanics and those who do installation, maintenance, repair (4

4. Factory and production workers (35)

5. Architects, engineers (32)

6. Police, firefighters, corrections workers, others in protective services (31)

7. Artists, designers, entertainers, athletes, media (24)

8. Computer programmers, mathematicians, statisticians (23)

9. Transportation workers (22)

10. Corporate executives and managers, advertising and public relations (20)

11. Lawyers and workers in legal system (19)

12. Doctors, dentists and other health care professionals (19)

13. Scientists and lab technicians (17)

14. Accountants, others in business, financial operations (16)

15. Nursing, medical assistants, health care support (15)

16. Clergy, social workers, other social service workers (14)

17. Real estate agents, telemarketers, sales (13)

18. Building and ground, cleaning, maintenance (13)

19. Cooks, food service workers (13)

20. Child care workers, barbers, animal trainers, personal care and service (
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 2nd, 2018, 05:19 PM   #88
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
Sabcat, stop attacking a minor.....

He is not taking hormones against the governing body. Because his HRT is being done under a doctor's care, it is perfectly legal by the rules and regulations set up by those "athletic authorities" you mentioned.

A little reading and understanding can go a long way. But i get it, reading is boring and understanding is unheard of around here

I am not "attacking a minor" i am defending the thousands of othet female athletes that can potentially be harmed by these dangerous decisions.
Thanks from imaginethat
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 2nd, 2018, 07:52 PM   #89
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I am not "attacking a minor" i am defending the thousands of othet female athletes that can potentially be harmed by these dangerous decisions.
Yes you are. You made it sound like he was at fault, and he isnt. Texas and their bigoted opinion is at fault. He wants to wrestle boys, and is not allowed by the ridiculous idea that he is a girl. Go after that ignorance if you really care about female athletes, but somehow i dont think you really give a damn enough to do it..........
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 2nd, 2018, 08:57 PM   #90
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Also, in regard to men pretending to be women to beat women at womens sports,
Wait! When did I say anything about 'men pretending to be women?' I'm not going to try to get inside someone else's head and make judgments on why they feel or at least claim to feel as if they don't fit into their assigned gender category. Surely you've met at least a few girls who were always butch, and just didn't fit in with the other girls in school. Same goes for boys who were sometimes mistaken for girls..even when they wore their hair short and wear the right uniform.

As I understand, we're all born appearing female in utero, and then after six or seven weeks development, us XY's start taking in the hormones in the womb that begin development as males. Sometimes mistakes happen! Nature doesn't always work perfectly, so it should come as no surprise that not everyone fits in and is happy with their assigned gender later in life.

But, until recent times, they might dress like the opposite sex, and in many non-western cultures would take on the roles of the opposite gender...including marriage! Previously, there was no such thing as operations and artificial hormone treatments to make a more realistic transition.

I don't care if adults do this, but should children be allowed to begin the transition process at age 14 or even younger? Should parents try to talk them out of making permanent, life-changing decisions when their still minors and are not considered mature enough to make any important decisions on their own?

But, the issue here is what to do with these trans cases when it comes to sports and athletics.

Maybe it should be looked on in case by case basis; cause I don't see how "Mack" would have any unfair advantages competing with boys after making the transition from female to male. Going in the other direction is a different story because most natural physical differences between men and women are going to give men...and former men unfair advantages in competition.

On that note, it's the same story in cases of intersexed individuals who have some characteristics of both genders. This has become a big issue in International Track & Field since the arrival 8 years ago of South African middle distance runner - Caster Semenya on the scene. Semenya had always been classified as female from birth, and it wasn't until her teen years that people started asking questions about her increasingly male appearance...especially muscle development. Medical examination determined that she should be classified as female, even though she had some intersex male characteristics..especially abnormally high testosterone levels.

Obviously this has all happened through no fault of her own, but the end result now that Semenya has set a new world record in the 800 meters is that other female competitors and their national sporting organizations object to having a competitor on the track who's natural testosterone levels are higher than any female runner who was juicing on steroids!
Quote:
there is the fact that the high levels of testosterone and other things that go along biologically when men are developing there are a number of advantages that they have. From larger lung compasity, stronger bones, mode muscle mass just to name a few.

Men and women are not the same!!! No matter how much these insane postmodernists cry that they are.
Which also doesn't mean that men are better than women! By most measures I would say it's the opposite! Men seem to be better at all the things that are leading our world to destruction right now. Worth noting that wargames and training warriors are how most sports and sports competitions got started.

Quote:
If this goes unchecked it will be the end of womens sports.
That's going way over the top to declare that a few transgendered athletes will "end" women's sports. I'd say that, just as with the Caster Semenya example, it shouldn't all be about what's best for the transgendered or intersexed athlete. The possible impacts they might have on the other female athletes needs to be part of the evaluation.
Quote:
Now, i hate the wnba.
.
Why?
Can't say I've ever spent a great deal of time watching basketball anyway...even though I played back in school. But, the NBA is too much showboating..too much focus on the STARS....although I'd say it's a little better after they ended that idiotic ban on zone defense. College basketball and the women's game are more about teamwork...so I might actually be more inclined to watch the WNBA than the NBA games!
Quote:
.but it still would suck if these girls no longer had a place to play because a bunch of washed out college boys decided to put on dresses to take their jobs. Seriously. Were are the womens rights activists on this one?
Maybe you need to get out more...or read more, cause there is actually a bitter divide within women's movements on how to deal with trans women. Those who take the "blank slate" approach and believe male and female are artificial divisions will declare that trans women are just as much a woman as anyone else, while more pragmatic, sensible feminists look on someone like a Bruce/Caitlin Jenner as a confused man who may not have been happy being male, but also has no real life history as a woman to share...just a series of procedures to look more like a woman.

Last edited by right to left; March 2nd, 2018 at 09:01 PM.
right to left is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Progressivism

Tags
17yearold, boy, championship, girls, texas, transgender, wins, wrestling



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pedophile Charged With Abusing 3 Girls Says He's A 9-Year-Old Trapped In Man's Body Sabcat Civil Rights 46 February 3rd, 2018 06:36 AM
Transgender Person On Trial For Sexually Assaulting 10-Year-Old Girl In Bathroom Quigley Current Events 91 October 20th, 2017 04:25 PM
Jamie Hubley, Gay 15-Year-Old Ottawa, Canada Teen Commits Suicide/preteen transgender highway80west Gay and Lesbian Rights 122 October 19th, 2011 09:09 AM
Texas Tech wins shootout over No. 1 Texas Cubbie Current Events 3 November 2nd, 2008 09:57 AM
Texas Tech wins shootout over No. 1 Texas Sports 0 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.