Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Progressivism

Progressivism Progressivism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree116Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2018, 10:39 AM   #21
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
The states responsibility is to protect citizens. No different than social services taking a baby from a crack whore.
Could please provide the definition of protect you are using here.

Here is the one i am working w/

Protect | Define Protect at Dictionary.com

To me it seems as if the state is doing the exact opposite of that.

What is the worst thing that happens if the state gets out of the way and lets the family take him to Italy? He dies?
Thanks from Neil and KillTheCarnage
Sabcat is offline  
Old April 25th, 2018, 10:45 AM   #22
Quid est veritas?
 
Peter the Roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: The heart of darkness
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
The states responsibility is to protect citizens. No different than social services taking a baby from a crack whore.
Disgusting bootlicker. You'll keep licking it even as it's stomping in your teeth.
Thanks from Jimmyb, webguy4, Sabcat and 2 others
Peter the Roman is offline  
Old April 25th, 2018, 12:54 PM   #23
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 29,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Roman View Post
Disgusting bootlicker. You'll keep licking it even as it's stomping in your teeth.
My wish for you is the same as my wish for me. A chance to live in a society where the majority have the same value system.

If that ever happened to you you'd be fucked.
RNG is offline  
Old April 25th, 2018, 01:29 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
What gives the state the right to make this decision for the family?
Why let doctors make medical decisions when uneducated emotionally attached people want something different, is that your question?
Thanks from RNG
goober is offline  
Old April 25th, 2018, 02:06 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 59,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I am not sure how that is a factor. The UK is not really under the umbrella of "medical care for profit" more of the needs of the many malarkey.

Added.



Oh, i get it you are talking about other nations who are willing to attempt to save the kids life may make some money off of the deal... the horrors.


Damn greedy capitalists.
You should have quit after your first musing, but noooooo, you had to be greedy.

You're right, damn socialist medicine. The needs of the many can go straight to hell, right Sab?

Just think. If this case happened here and insurance covered it, the new radically expensive treatment would be helping to raise your insurance premiums.
imaginethat is offline  
Old April 25th, 2018, 03:19 PM   #26
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
You should have quit after your first musing, but noooooo, you had to be greedy.

You're right, damn socialist medicine. The needs of the many can go straight to hell, right Sab?

Just think. If this case happened here and insurance covered it, the new radically expensive treatment would be helping to raise your insurance premiums.
Can't help it....i am a greedy capitalist.

I still dont see how your post applies to this case specifically
Sabcat is offline  
Old April 25th, 2018, 03:25 PM   #27
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Why let doctors make medical decisions when uneducated emotionally attached people want something different, is that your question?
Doctors are supposed to provide options. Patients are the ones who make decisions.

So yeah, let's try this one more time.


What gives the state the right to make this decision for the family?
Thanks from Neil and KillTheCarnage
Sabcat is offline  
Old April 25th, 2018, 03:40 PM   #28
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 29,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Doctors are supposed to provide options. Patients are the ones who make decisions.

So yeah, let's try this one more time.


What gives the state the right to make this decision for the family?
The Hippocratic oath. Do no harm.
RNG is offline  
Old April 25th, 2018, 04:11 PM   #29
Servant of the Black Dawn
 
KillTheCarnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: America
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
So the suffering of the kid, and the waste of resources all to maintain a fantasy the parents wish to hold on to and the fundie menace try to pump up?

Yes, many people do truly believe that.
So, trying to save a kids life is wasting resources.

That is the most disgusting thing I've read in a long time, and I watch some pretty messed up hentai.
Thanks from Neil
KillTheCarnage is offline  
Old April 25th, 2018, 04:45 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Doctors are supposed to provide options. Patients are the ones who make decisions.

So yeah, let's try this one more time.


What gives the state the right to make this decision for the family?
You can try, but your tear jerker story shows the benefit of government run health care.
In the US, the kid would already be dead.

Last edited by goober; April 25th, 2018 at 04:55 PM.
goober is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Progressivism

Tags
alfie, baby, dad, death, giving, hospital, mouthtomouth, statemandated



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GOP = Foot in Mouth RNG Current Events 1 October 3rd, 2014 10:19 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.