Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues > Racism

Racism Do you feel that affirmative action should be expired, or do you feel that it should still be enforced? Defend your views on affirmative action in this forum.


Thanks Tree36Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:13 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Mr. Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: charleston south carolina
Posts: 660
Who was the real mlk jr.? ?

I guess it's because I don't need a Hero outside of Jesus (real Jesus, not judgemental, but only judged those who did evil consciously) but I don't see that MLK Jr. was anything but another Leader defending his own kind by blaming others for his kinds problems. (even though he did it in a non violent way)
One huge reason to doubt MLK's greatness is "The Media Loves Him"! That's a huge TELL! That in itself doesn't prove that he wasn't a genuine Leader worthy of respect from all Americans but to me it puts the burden of proof on those who insist that he was the Hero the media has promoted him to be.
Webguy and I agree on a lot of things, but sadly,not on this issue. If and I say If, King truly wanted Equality for all rather than push black power in a cleaver way, then he failed big time.
Politically correct is a hatred for Justice! It is also promoted by some of the richest greediest People on the Planet. There is no one is the main stream media promoting King as a Hero who isn't getting less than a mil. a year. People who don't go along with their program loose a very lucrative job. Hank Williams Jr. didn't go along and got fired from Football Announcer. Cuban Born Rick Sanchez didn't go along and got fired as well.

Abe Lincoln was a Great Example but he wasn't the right color of skin to suite a lot of Blacks so they decided to focus on a Black Man to preach that (get this) color doesn't matter!
Preaching non violence was not only the right thing to do, it was the smart thing to do, but did it stop the L.A. Riots from happening, or the majority of Blacks believing the O.J. was innocent? If there had been a race riot in the U.S. is there any chance that Blacks would have won? How does someone get to be a Hero by waving a White Flag when out numbered? They chose non violence as a way to win power and it worked.
Like Web Guy, I too like some of the things that King said. Very Much!
Yet it is what he didn't say that bothered me the most and his "let MY PEOPLE go" speech was truly sad. White suppression certainly isn't the problem in America today. Blacks support fellow Blacks no matter what. I remember Whoopie Baby claiming that maybe Michael Vick didn't know the law about cruelty to Animals. Man if that isn't a tell of prejudice what is?

I do know that King did effect some Blacks in a very positive way, but I doubt that he was truly the Hero they make him out to be, but I'm willing to listen to arguments for his side.
I also can say for sure that Black Conservatives opened my eyes to a lot of truths about Racial problems in America but the Media doesn't want such types anywhere on their airwaves. Larry Elder is much more of a Hero as far as I'm concerned. He points out the real problems with blacks in America. Now there is a hero for all People and I also read an article lately that showed that Hoover wasn't the one that had a close eye on King but the Kennedy's. Tks!
Mr. Logic is offline  
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:40 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,698
It was his time. He may not have done everything right, but then, his life was cut short.
How many black people were able to look at someone with an ounce of influence and say, 'this guy cares about me!'

However, Bill Cosby wins my vote for hero, hands down!
Thanks from roastpork
Kate is offline  
Old March 13th, 2013, 06:09 AM   #3
bloated wackbag
 
sites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: fishing
Posts: 1,657
Re: Who was the real mlk jr.? ?

Well, I once sold a laptop to a niece of his, who paid for it with one dollar bills then told me she was a stripper. This was right after Coretta passed away. I saw her ID, asked her a few questions, & was satisfied with her story. Didn't surprise me much to be honest, being in Atlanta & all.

MLK? Don't care much for his rhetoric nor tone, myself.
sites is offline  
Old March 13th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Mr. Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: charleston south carolina
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
It was his time. He may not have done everything right, but then, his life was cut short.
How many black people were able to look at someone with an ounce of influence and say, 'this guy cares about me!'

However, Bill Cosby wins my vote for hero, hands down!
Amen Kate, Amen! I said for years that The Cos, did more for Civil Rights (true Civil rights, not Minority only rights) than MLK Jr. or anyone else.
The Greatest Stand Up comedian of all time (IMO). His stories about his childhood were very similar to mine. People really aren't that different unless they go out of their way to be, like Rapers, & people who call their kids by African Names, as if they were not a part of this country and don't want to be while enjoying all the bene. it has to give.

Mr. Cosby stated that Blacks should no longer blame Whites (IMO they should never have blamed Whites to the extent they did, but at least he is on board with the truth now). Prob. is that Cosby's message doesn't stroke Egos, and blame anyone other than his own group. Not going to sell like finger pointing does!
Your right when you say that Blacks looked at MLK Jr. and said "Wow someone cares about me"! I myself would rather have Heroes that care about all Americans! I don't see MLK Jr. caring about me, and that's the problem and yes it would be a prob also if all he cared about was me because of my skin color.
Remember Blacks are all about promoting their own kind, except for Conservative Blacks who are basically hated for caring for all. As an Indiv. thinker, Kate you would really enjoy Larry Elder's books if you haven't read them yet. He helped me understand why blacks are so messed up overall in America. IOW the real reason for the poverty etc. No Father Figures for one thing!
There are not very many People that hail Cos Man over MLK Jr. outside of myself so for what it's worth, I am very impressed. You are obviously an independent thinker! Love being surprised like that! Thanks much!
Thanks from roastpork and Kate
Mr. Logic is offline  
Old March 13th, 2013, 06:46 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Mr. Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: charleston south carolina
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by sites View Post
Well, I once sold a laptop to a niece of his, who paid for it with one dollar bills then told me she was a stripper. This was right after Coretta passed away. I saw her ID, asked her a few questions, & was satisfied with her story. Didn't surprise me much to be honest, being in Atlanta & all.

MLK? Don't care much for his rhetoric nor tone, myself.
Wow! Now that's an interesting story!!!! One thing we know for SURE! The media knows a bunch of negative things about the King family, but aren't going to let the public know. Shame is that most of the public doesn't care if they are lied to, as long as the media keeps their nipples hard.

All of these brave soliders died for what? To make Oprah rich? Not seeing reasons for God's blessings anymore.
Also, I didn't care for King's tone either! Talk to me don't preach at me as if you were Moses or someone! for the record Judge Matthas & Larry Edler both disagree with B.O. on the prob. with young black criminals. They headed up a program to help them see themselves as they were not as a victim and change their lives.
The Media is full of gluttonously paid Liars! Be it praising Michael Jordon while ignoring his Slave labor millions or Hurricane Carter's woman beating butt! Painting a group of People with an off the chart criminal record as victims of society, will never change the facts. Only those who are saying "Houston WE have a problem" will start to heal. Btw Houston did have a prob. after Katrina, when many Blacks moved there! Crime rate when through the roof. Blaming Blacks? Me? Nope, 1st and foremost I blame a media that not only won't deal with the real issues/problems but blames victims. A Moive that was to be released about a year ago was produced by Black Leaders in Chicago. It actually dealt with the real issues in Black Communities. There are Leaders that are teaching take responsibility for your actions rather than pointing fingers at others and see change. The media ignores them, and brings on Sharp ton (sharp tongue) their buddy! anyone know how much they paid the King Family for the monument in D.C.? Millions I'm sure! They were fighting over it last time I heard.
Mr. Logic is offline  
Old March 13th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,017
I guess it helped to have been alive during those freakin' insane times to understand this: King helped keep a lid on an America with cities on fire. He was oil on the waters.

Like him or not, that's what he did.
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Polari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Britton, SD
Posts: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Logic View Post
Amen Kate, Amen! I said for years that The Cos, did more for Civil Rights (true Civil rights, not Minority only rights) than MLK Jr. or anyone else.
The Greatest Stand Up comedian of all time (IMO). His stories about his childhood were very similar to mine. People really aren't that different unless they go out of their way to be, like Rapers, & people who call their kids by African Names, as if they were not a part of this country and don't want to be while enjoying all the bene. it has to give.

Mr. Cosby stated that Blacks should no longer blame Whites (IMO they should never have blamed Whites to the extent they did, but at least he is on board with the truth now). Prob. is that Cosby's message doesn't stroke Egos, and blame anyone other than his own group. Not going to sell like finger pointing does!
Your right when you say that Blacks looked at MLK Jr. and said "Wow someone cares about me"! I myself would rather have Heroes that care about all Americans! I don't see MLK Jr. caring about me, and that's the problem and yes it would be a prob also if all he cared about was me because of my skin color.
Remember Blacks are all about promoting their own kind, except for Conservative Blacks who are basically hated for caring for all. As an Indiv. thinker, Kate you would really enjoy Larry Elder's books if you haven't read them yet. He helped me understand why blacks are so messed up overall in America. IOW the real reason for the poverty etc. No Father Figures for one thing!
There are not very many People that hail Cos Man over MLK Jr. outside of myself so for what it's worth, I am very impressed. You are obviously an independent thinker! Love being surprised like that! Thanks much!
...and The Cos wasn't a darling of the media?...
Polari is offline  
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
roastpork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polari View Post
...and The Cos wasn't a darling of the media?...
Not so much, after he started making his views public. Affirmative action is just another form of racism. Lets let Schamal into Harvard because he’s black and lets not admit Ralphie because he’s white and we already have enough of those; lets give the contract to a minority owned firm, then later we find out that even though the listed owner is Mexican she’s just a front for a non minority owner. When the government starts dictating what we must do in our business’s as swell as our social and private lives things get increasingly complicated and restrictive. Government projects should be contracted to the companies and individuals that submit the lowest price for the same quality of service and not to those who have a certain ethnic background or skin color. Ability and price should be the determining factors.

Last edited by roastpork; March 13th, 2013 at 08:58 AM.
roastpork is offline  
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:43 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Polari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Britton, SD
Posts: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpork View Post
Not so much, after he started making his views public.
...I think that was more of a self-imposed exile after his son died...
Polari is offline  
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #10
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,839
mlk jr died in '68, long before rodney king , la riots , and the extreme political correctness we know today. yeah , a lot of his family seems to have missed the message, lots of black folks in general don't get it. doesn't make the message wrong, doesn't even mean he failed. just means there's work to do.
Thanks from imaginethat
webguy4 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues > Racism

Tags
mlk, real



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Real Ill Global Crier Political Talk 0 October 20th, 2009 03:37 PM
Noah’s Ark? For Real jaaaman Religion 25 July 3rd, 2006 12:12 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.