Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Philosophy and Religion > Religion

Religion For discussion about belief systems, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to spirituality and moral values


Thanks Tree42Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2016, 05:34 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdtwain View Post
In fact I did it by drawing reasonable conclusions from objective facts.

And as I said, both the Holy Bible and Apocrypha established that the great and mighty emperor, king of kings, Nebuchadnezzar, 605 BC – 562 BC, ruled over the whole earth, all nations, peoples and tongues of the earth, there are not historical records of either buddhism or golden image of six hand buddha prior to reign of the great and mighty emperor, king of kings, Nebuchadnezzar, 605 BC – 562 BC, and subsequently buddhism, buddhist shrines and high places and gold images of six hand buddha appear en masse in historical record. It is obvious, that the great and mighty emperor, king of kings, Nebuchadnezzar, 605 BC – 562 BC, established buddhism, and no one else could have established buddhism, because babylonians tightly controlled religious life in conquered nations, peoples and tongues and usually completely destroyed their places of worship, replacing them with Babylonian gods.

My reasoning is akin acknowledging the objective fact that many communist monuments in former Eastern Block countries were erected on the orders from Moscow that ruled over them at that time, which the truth, rather than ascribing those communist monuments to the rulers and the people of former Eastern Block countries, as my opponents do, and which in fact is a lie, as the rulers and the people of former Eastern Block countries often did not desire those communist monuments to be erected, but had no choice in the matter.
No king ruled over the entire earth in the sixth century BC. No one in the sixth century BC had any concept of what "the entire earth" is.

So that blows your premise outta the water right there.
Thanks from Jimmyb and Sabcat
imaginethat is online now  
Old May 22nd, 2016, 06:14 AM   #42
Banned
 
fdtwain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
No king ruled over the entire earth in the sixth century BC. No one in the sixth century BC had any concept of what "the entire earth" is.

So that blows your premise outta the water right there.
And yet the Holy Bible and historical and archeological evidence establishes otherwise:

God said:

Jeremiah 27:5-7
I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power and by my outstretched arm, and have given it unto whom it seemed meet unto me.
And now have I given all the lands unto the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him.
And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son's son, until the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serve him.

All the lands and all nations mean all the lands and all nations of the earth

It is written:

Daniel 3:7
Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.

All the people, the nations, and the languages means all the people, the nations, and the languages of the earth

Babylonian empire was far richer, stronger and glorious than the modern day United States of America and far richer, stronger and glorious than Israel ever was, even in time of Solomon. The Babylonians were, are and will be the strongest and severest fighters on the whole earth that defeated, defeat and will always defeat all their enemies in the Middle East including Americans and Israelites, and completely destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple of God. In fact, Nebuchadnezzar could have easily slain Alexander the Macedon with one blow of his mighty hand.

If Alexander the Macedon with his poor, weak and distant Macedonia kingdom was able to reach India, it is obvious that Nebuchadnezzar with his might, riches and proximity ruled over India with his steel and fiery feast, and established buddhism and six hands buddha golden statue by his decree.
fdtwain is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2016, 06:45 AM   #43
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,478
The existence of unnecessary evil is one of the most powerful arguments against the belief that the world was created by an all-powerful, all-knowing, and perfectly good God. Theologians have spent centuries trying to answer it, and with very questionable success. But the problem of evil is only a problem if one assumes that the world was created by an omnipotent and perfectly good being. If one assumes instead that the creator was not perfectly good, and perhaps not even omnipotent, then it would be much easier to reconcile the view that our world was created with its seemingly obvious ethical shortcomings.

What about you? You’re not all-powerful, all-knowing, and perfectly good. But what if you had the ability to create this kind of Matrix, would you do it? Even if you would not have chosen to create a world like this, there are many other people who do not share your scruples. If these people had the ability to create Matrices, some of their works might well look like the world in which we find ourselves.

Why might they choose to build a Matrix like our reality? One can think of many possible reasons—setting aside the daft idea of using human brains as batteries. But perhaps future historians would create a Matrix that mimicked the history of their own species. They might do this to find out more about their past, or to explore counterfactual historical scenarios. In the world of the Architect(s), Napoleon may have succeeded in conquering Europe, and our world might be a Matrix created to research what would have happened if Napoleon had been defeated. Or perhaps there will be future artists who create Matrices as an art form much like we create movies and operas. Or perhaps the tourist industry will create simulations of interesting historical epochs so that their contemporaries can go on themed holidays to some bygone age by entering into the simulation and interacting with its inhabitants. The possible motives are myriad, and if future people are anything like present people, and if they have the technological might and the legal right to create Matrices, we would expect that many Matrices would be created, including ones that would look like the world that we are experiencing.


http://www.simulation-argument.com/matrix2.html

Last edited by Sabcat; May 22nd, 2016 at 06:52 AM.
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2016, 07:17 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
The existence of unnecessary evil is one of the most powerful arguments against the belief that the world was created by an all-powerful, all-knowing, and perfectly good God. Theologians have spent centuries trying to answer it, and with very questionable success. But the problem of evil is only a problem if one assumes that the world was created by an omnipotent and perfectly good being. If one assumes instead that the creator was not perfectly good, and perhaps not even omnipotent, then it would be much easier to reconcile the view that our world was created with its seemingly obvious ethical shortcomings.

What about you? You’re not all-powerful, all-knowing, and perfectly good. But what if you had the ability to create this kind of Matrix, would you do it? Even if you would not have chosen to create a world like this, there are many other people who do not share your scruples. If these people had the ability to create Matrices, some of their works might well look like the world in which we find ourselves.

Why might they choose to build a Matrix like our reality? One can think of many possible reasons—setting aside the daft idea of using human brains as batteries. But perhaps future historians would create a Matrix that mimicked the history of their own species. They might do this to find out more about their past, or to explore counterfactual historical scenarios. In the world of the Architect(s), Napoleon may have succeeded in conquering Europe, and our world might be a Matrix created to research what would have happened if Napoleon had been defeated. Or perhaps there will be future artists who create Matrices as an art form much like we create movies and operas. Or perhaps the tourist industry will create simulations of interesting historical epochs so that their contemporaries can go on themed holidays to some bygone age by entering into the simulation and interacting with its inhabitants. The possible motives are myriad, and if future people are anything like present people, and if they have the technological might and the legal right to create Matrices, we would expect that many Matrices would be created, including ones that would look like the world that we are experiencing.


Why Make a Matrix? And Why You Might Be In One
All reasonable points to be considered whenever origins are being considered, with one snag. Who/what created the Matrix creators? This is a kick the can down the road attempt to define "God."
imaginethat is online now  
Old May 22nd, 2016, 07:27 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdtwain View Post
And yet the Holy Bible and historical and archeological evidence establishes otherwise:

God said:

Jeremiah 27:5-7
I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power and by my outstretched arm, and have given it unto whom it seemed meet unto me.
And now have I given all the lands unto the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him.
And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son's son, until the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serve him.

All the lands and all nations mean all the lands and all nations of the earth

It is written:

Daniel 3:7
Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.

All the people, the nations, and the languages means all the people, the nations, and the languages of the earth

Babylonian empire was far richer, stronger and glorious than the modern day United States of America and far richer, stronger and glorious than Israel ever was, even in time of Solomon. The Babylonians were, are and will be the strongest and severest fighters on the whole earth that defeated, defeat and will always defeat all their enemies in the Middle East including Americans and Israelites, and completely destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple of God. In fact, Nebuchadnezzar could have easily slain Alexander the Macedon with one blow of his mighty hand.

If Alexander the Macedon with his poor, weak and distant Macedonia kingdom was able to reach India, it is obvious that Nebuchadnezzar with his might, riches and proximity ruled over India with his steel and fiery feast, and established buddhism and six hands buddha golden statue by his decree.
It's equally obvious that we're still not talking the entire world. I understand that you believe in an inerrant Bible, except where certain translations have gone astray. It's for this reason you elevate Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar to the all-time greatest empire and emperor ... 'cause the Bible says so.

You say, "Babylonian empire was far richer, stronger and glorious than the modern day United States of America," because the Bible says so, but it's not true. For starts, the US actual has influenced the entire earth, unlike Babylon.
imaginethat is online now  
Old May 22nd, 2016, 07:29 AM   #46
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
All reasonable points to be considered whenever origins are being considered, with one snag. Who/what created the Matrix creators? This is a kick the can down the road attempt to define "God."
The same question applies to the creation of god. More so the human concept of time and specifically the linear way we believe that it moves. The concept of God and creator become convoluted long w/ afterlife and reincarnation.
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2016, 07:48 AM   #47
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdtwain View Post
You err not knowing the scripture not the power of God.

Holy Bible clearly states that there are at least three general prophets after the glorious resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ as well as many prophets having specific revelations and specific testimonies from Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 11:3-13
And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another, because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet, and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Revelation 13:11-18
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth [the False Prophet of Revelation 19:20-21], and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast, saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads.
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man, and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Revelation19:19-21
And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

All these three general prophets, two witnesses of Lord Lord Jesus Christ, prophets, and the False Prophet, pontius pilate incarnate, likely barack hussein obama, the next secretary general of the United Nations Organization, as well as the Antichrist, Beast of Revelation, judas iscariot incarnate, apostle of Lord Jesus Christ and priest of Lord God Jehovah, the last Pope of Rome, have legitimate power and authority from Creator God, Lord God Jehovah, Lord Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit for carrying out the judgment of Revelation as established in the book of revelation of John.

My humble person, bishop of Lord Jesus Christ, priest of Lord Jesus Christ, seer-priest of Lord God Jehovah, prophet of Lord God Jehovah has counted the number of the beast, described at:

belcandidat.freeforums.org ? View topic - Interpretation of 666

Establishing three true and faithful witnesses, Lord God Jehovah, Lord Jesus Christ and apostle John, that my humble person, bishop of Lord Jesus Christ, priest of Lord Jesus Christ, seer-priest of Lord God Jehovah, prophet of Lord God Jehovah is a wise man that has understanding (Revelation 13:18 )

Furthermore, the signs of the times indicate that two witnesses of Lord Jesus Christ, prophets, as well as the Antichrist, Beast of Revelation, judas iscariot incarnate, apostle of Lord Jesus Christ and priest of Lord God Jehovah, the last Pope of Rome and the False Prophet, pontius pilate incarnate, likely barack hussein obama, the next secretary general of the United Nations Organization, are present on earth and shortly will begin their testimonies for the kingdom of God (theocracy) or for the rule of majority of men and women (demo(no)cracy) as described in the Book of Revelation of John, of which it is written in my article "On present free elections and referendum of God" available at On present free elections and referendum of God

Therefore, don't foolishly repeat American protestant lies - those who wrote them often don't even read the Holy Bible.
There are no prophets in Revelation; God sends witnesses. The most likey are Enoch and Elijah because God took them to heaven without experiencing death and they would be able to experience death and resurrection as witnesses during Revelation. That comes from my being an American who has never read the Holy Bible and is just repeating American Protestant lies.
Thanks from imaginethat and Sabcat
Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2016, 07:52 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
The same question applies to the creation of god. More so the human concept of time and specifically the linear way we believe that it moves. The concept of God and creator become convoluted long w/ afterlife and reincarnation.
Yep. I believe in God, though not any version of God as recounted by any religion with the exception of maybe the Christian Universalist concept of God, which is indeed love, but at the same time I wonder who created God and who created that creator and onward into infinity, an infinite series of creations and creators, universes of universes that absolutely boggle the mind, but that's OK by me because i'm comfortable with mystery.
Thanks from Sabcat

Last edited by imaginethat; May 22nd, 2016 at 07:54 AM.
imaginethat is online now  
Old May 22nd, 2016, 08:00 AM   #49
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
No king ruled over the entire earth in the sixth century BC. No one in the sixth century BC had any concept of what "the entire earth" is.

So that blows your premise outta the water right there.
This character does not realize that the English translation for the Hebrew word erets is Earth, which means regional or land in Hebrew.
Thanks from imaginethat and Sabcat

Last edited by Jimmyb; May 22nd, 2016 at 08:03 AM.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2016, 08:02 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
This character does not realize that the English translation for the Hebrew word [I]erets[/] is Earth, which means regional or land in Hebrew.
I knew you'd know that.
Thanks from Jimmyb
imaginethat is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Philosophy and Religion > Religion

Tags
buddhism



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buddhism to make the most sense out of all the other religions liberalcanuck Buddhism 15 February 3rd, 2014 02:02 PM
Buddhism intangible child Buddhism 18 November 22nd, 2013 09:42 AM
In Japan, Buddhism May Be Dying Out garysher Buddhism 9 July 15th, 2008 01:54 PM
Tell me about Buddhism. John Rian Religion 0 June 25th, 2007 02:09 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.