Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues

Social Issues Social Issues and Problems - Social issues, social ill, social problems


View Poll Results: Is it important to define race/ethnicity?
Yes it is 1 25.00%
No it is not 3 75.00%
I don't really care 0 0%
I am undecided 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By NowhereMan
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2014, 06:57 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 463
Is it important to define Race and Ethnic?

.
Why do people define race and ethnicity. This is putting people into different catagories. When I apply for something at school, there is always a form t o do this. This form is a box that you check race and ethnic. It is this way for everything we do. When we put people in catagories don't we treat them differently? Is it wrong to separate people by there country and culture. What do you think about this?


.
Peter Forsberg is offline  
Old July 16th, 2014, 07:06 AM   #2
Banned
 
NowhereMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: The South
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Forsberg View Post
.
Why do people define race and ethnicity. This is putting people into different catagories. When I apply for something at school, there is always a form t o do this. This form is a box that you check race and ethnic. It is this way for everything we do. When we put people in catagories don't we treat them differently? Is it wrong to separate people by there country and culture. What do you think about this?
It is extremely important for the government to know your race in order to implement various rules and policies they have that are based on race.
We now live in the most racist societies ever devised by mankind.
As a matter of fact, large numbers of people feel that race is the basis of pretty much everything that has happened and will happen.

If we lived in a really non-racist society no one would bother asking what race you were....
Thanks from TNVolunteer73
NowhereMan is offline  
Old July 16th, 2014, 06:16 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
It is extremely important for the government to know your race in order to implement various rules and policies they have that are based on race.
We now live in the most racist societies ever devised by mankind.
As a matter of fact, large numbers of people feel that race is the basis of pretty much everything that has happened and will happen.

If we lived in a really non-racist society no one would bother asking what race you were....
Yes but the law say you can not discriminate. When you ask somebody there race and ethnic then they will say you are discriminating against them


.
Peter Forsberg is offline  
Old July 16th, 2014, 06:21 PM   #4
Smarter than you
 
Engineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,150
I claim to be black, and when they offer me stuff and then try to take it away when they find out I'm white, I ask if race actually played a part.
It's really fun to do.
Engineer is offline  
Old July 31st, 2014, 08:14 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fort Lee NJ
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Forsberg View Post
.
Why do people define race and ethnicity. This is putting people into different catagories. When I apply for something at school, there is always a form t o do this. This form is a box that you check race and ethnic. It is this way for everything we do. When we put people in catagories don't we treat them differently? Is it wrong to separate people by there country and culture. What do you think about this?
.
I think that this is not useful, except to bureaucrats.

Ludwik Kowalski
kowalskil is offline  
Old July 31st, 2014, 08:20 PM   #6
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,339
I was in attendance when MLK gave his I Have a dream sermon.

it is a person's Character not what they are, or the color of their skin.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old August 1st, 2014, 12:08 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
I was in attendance when MLK gave his I Have a dream sermon.

it is a person's Character not what they are, or the color of their skin.
I'm fascinated by where people come from...how they view life...especially how they cook! What's wrong with that??? I never see it as a pejorative...but if people are beaten over the head with bigotry BECAUSE they are "ethnic"...I can understand why they take umbrage to it.

Me??? I'm not JUST an Italian...

Io Calabrese!!!



EDIT: now that I think about it...WHY would ANYONE be ashamed of their ethnicity??? I always wished some dago wop would have come up with something like James Brown did with "I'm Black And I'm Proud".

Last edited by Tony; August 1st, 2014 at 12:10 AM.
Tony is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues

Tags
define, ethnic, important, race



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can you define exactly what is a Jewish Person? falcondule Other Religions 49 August 18th, 2015 04:29 PM
Arizona bans ethnic studies in public schools CNN Current Events 34 June 1st, 2010 10:49 AM
Allowing Israel to define the New Administration is a Big mistake. Octoldit Political Talk 3 November 12th, 2008 05:13 AM
Do we define personal faith for the few who cry foul? Rod Religion 140 November 12th, 2008 04:52 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.