Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues

Social Issues Social Issues and Problems - Social issues, social ill, social problems


Thanks Tree17Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2017, 02:19 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
In my statement, when did I say "Facts are never accurately reported"?
News today is a weapon that both parties use effectively to do anything but report facts.
Thanks from tristanrobin and Pilgrim
Clara007 is offline  
Old May 27th, 2017, 02:20 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
News today is a weapon that both parties use effectively to do anything but report facts.
Spot on, sister!
tristanrobin is offline  
Old May 27th, 2017, 04:24 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 8,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
First off Hannity and The Daily Show and the like are not News. They are entertainment. They should not even be on this list.

Second the top part of the list has news programs that have very modest viewership compared to Fox. You can roll up ABC, NBC and CBS together and they will not equal Fox. So it make the list look visually heavy on top.

Thirdly, I hate these surveys. I looked at the methodology of this survey. Of those surveyed 38% identified as Liberal or mostly and only 26% identified as Conservative or mostly. Yes I know it is weighted but why not seek out a real 50/50 balance as that would more closely reflect reality?

What this all really points out is the country is split down the middle. What this survey does not convey is it is evenly split down the middle.

You must be getting your information from FAKE NEWS.
Here are the Actual ratings

NBC nightly news 7,645,000
ABC nightly news 7,578,000
CBS nightly news 6,132,000
FOX News total viewers 2,200,000
goober is online now  
Old May 27th, 2017, 04:43 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
You must be getting your information from FAKE NEWS.
Here are the Actual ratings

NBC nightly news 7,645,000
ABC nightly news 7,578,000
CBS nightly news 6,132,000
FOX News total viewers 2,200,000
That's weird because that is not what I read. Maybe you can provide a link or something.

Quote:
Fox News finished far and above its competition in the ratings for the first quarter of 2017, with the network putting up the highest-rated quarter ever in cable news history in the total day viewership measure, according to Nielsen data released Tuesday. This marks 61 consecutive quarters that Fox News has finished number one among cable news networks in total day and primetime viewership.

Fox News averaged 1.72 million total day viewers, with 359,000 of those falling in the key adults 25-54 demo. CNN finished second with 826,000 total day viewers and 266,000 viewers in the demo. MSNBC came in third with 781,000 total day viewers and 185,000 viewers in the demo. Yet despite finishing third, MSNBC definitely has reason to celebrate. The network grew its viewership by 55 percent in total day viewers and 40 percent in the key demo compared to quarter one of 2016, no doubt boosted in part thanks to a surge in the ratings of “The Rachel Maddow Show.”
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cabl...bc-1202017940/
justoneman is offline  
Old May 27th, 2017, 04:54 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 8,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
That's weird because that is not what I read. Maybe you can provide a link or something.



Cable News Ratings: Fox News Breaks Records, MSNBC Posts Major Growth | Variety
Cable news is still small compared to broadcast news.
FOX dominated CABLE news.
Not anymore though.
In total cable viewers FOX is slightly ahead, but in the key demographic, FOX is third.
Because people turn to news to see what happened, and FOX has been low key on Trump, and people want to see what stupid thing Trump did now, they don't get that on FOX, they do get it on MSNBC and CNN, and that's why the FOX is now in third place in the 25-54 demographic, the one advertisers pay for.


And your link is from when O'Reilly was the top draw on FOX, he's gone, and so are FOX ratings.

Last edited by goober; May 27th, 2017 at 04:59 PM.
goober is online now  
Old May 27th, 2017, 04:56 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
FOX dominated CABLE news.
Not anymore though.
In total cable viewers FOX is slightly ahead, but in the key demographic, FOX is third.
Because people turn to news to see what happened, and FOX has been low key on Trump, and people want to see what stupid thing Trump did now, they don't get that on FOX, they do get it on MSNBC and CNN, and that's why the FOX is now in third place in the 25-54 demographic, the one advertisers pay for.
My info is from March 2017. Says 61 consecutive quarters at number one.


How about a link?
justoneman is offline  
Old May 27th, 2017, 05:04 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 8,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
My info is from March 2017. Says 61 consecutive quarters at number one.


How about a link?
In CABLE news.

Three times as many people watch each of the network news broadcasts.

Here's variety from last week
MSNBC Reaches Number One For First Time in Primetime Ratings | Variety
goober is online now  
Old May 27th, 2017, 05:18 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
In CABLE news.

Three times as many people watch each of the network news broadcasts.

Here's variety from last week
MSNBC Reaches Number One For First Time in Primetime Ratings | Variety
Your article says Fox News finished first in total viewers.
justoneman is offline  
Old May 27th, 2017, 05:21 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 8,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Your article says Fox News finished first in total viewers.
That's what I said before, Fox is barely ahead in total CABLE viewers,
But in the key 25-54 demographic, they have fallen to third.

Network news wasn't included

May Sweeps: World News Tonight Wins Total Viewers, Nightly News Takes News Demo | TVNewser
goober is online now  
Old May 27th, 2017, 05:33 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
That's what I said before, Fox is barely ahead in total CABLE viewers,
But in the key 25-54 demographic, they have fallen to third.

Network news wasn't included

May Sweeps: World News Tonight Wins Total Viewers, Nightly News Takes News Demo | TVNewser
No you said fox was in fourth place now you say barely ahead.
Thanks from caconservative
justoneman is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues

Tags
fake, news, sources, trusted



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump uses fox fake news for news. GhostRider Americas 0 April 3rd, 2017 09:09 AM
Fox fake news forced to retract fake voter fraud story GhostRider Americas 26 September 30th, 2016 03:52 PM
POLL: Fox Is The Most Trusted TV News Source In America ptif219 Current Events 32 March 14th, 2015 09:00 PM
FOX news host falls for fake news story. Nwolfe35 Current Events 31 October 10th, 2013 06:42 AM
Election day news sources... theindependentmind Opinion Polls 7 November 6th, 2012 07:56 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.