Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues

Social Issues Social Issues and Problems - Social issues, social ill, social problems


Thanks Tree65Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2017, 06:32 AM   #21
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Because they HAD PAYING JOBS there.

Now, you're actually demeaning people who chose to work for pay instead of going on the government dole?!

You are un-fucking-believable.

I'm sure they didn't LIKE their jobs - but they had them. Have you ever had a job you didn't like, but needed? I have.

They were working for Room and Board wait. That was what they were doing prior to the end of slavery.
Thanks from guy39
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old October 6th, 2017, 06:41 AM   #22
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Many African Americans have the need to stay on the Democrat plantation, you see even after the chains were cut, many African Americans stayed and worked on the very same plantations from which they were slaves.
You don't have to agree with it; I certainly don't. That's their choice though, and they have reasons behind doing it.

Quote:
But hey if you like keeping people in poverty give the welfare without a way out.
Even middle-class and wealthy Black folks tend to vote Democrat. Republicans are horrible ppl in comparison, and they show their true colors every day.

Quote:
But you can say the same about many poor whites as well. They have accepted the chains of the welfare Plantation.
I disagree. A lot of poor Whites voted for Trump. They're merely on the "Republican plantation." They continuously vote for a party that fucks them in the ass on a daily basis, out of a misguided sense of patriotism and nativism.

But that's their choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
How may languages can michelle speak? 1

MS. Trump 7. (It may be just 6)

A person that works for the legal team of the university of Chicago Hosptial and find a way to "Patient Dump" Discharge sick people from the ER and take them to areas where they will be taken to other hosptials is pretty Damn Classless.

ER doctors condemn University of Chicago plan to divert patients - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

Articles: Michelle Obama's Patient-Dumping Scheme
Who cares how many languages she can speak. If you compare the two, Michelle was more charismatic and likable as a person. Melania comes off as someone who's just there to take up space. She has zero personality.

I'm not defending the Obamas either. I just don't like the double standards.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 6th, 2017, 06:46 AM   #23
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
They were working for Room and Board wait. That was what they were doing prior to the end of slavery.
They were forced to. Be accurate. Sharecropping was all they could really do back then. Starting a business, going to college, etc. made you an uppity negro and got you lynched.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 6th, 2017, 11:02 PM   #24
forgot my old user name
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
How ironic. This thread is brought to you by a poster who's every thread targets minorities. Go figure.
Rich White Males are the oppressed minority these days!
right to left is offline  
Old October 6th, 2017, 11:20 PM   #25
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
We know, we know...Everybody is a racist, sexist, homophobe.
Thanks from discollector
Sabcat is online now  
Old October 6th, 2017, 11:24 PM   #26
forgot my old user name
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
I've always found it amusing when right-wingers call Michelle Obama, a college-educated, successful woman "classless" and "trashy." But Milania (however the fuck you spell her name) Trump, a former glamour model who takes nude pictures and does all of the things that these so-called moralists are against is a true first lady.

White folks are hilarious, they truly are.
Melania is a golddigger...nothing more, nothing less. But I don't hold that against her...her options in life were to either to try to use her looks to make money and land a rich husband, or live a precarious life if she staying in Yugoslavia after civil wars broke out and everything started to collapse.....but I wonder if being married to the Don has been worth the money and luxuries!

I'm not a fan of Barack for many reasons...beginning with being a conniving huckster, who let himself be made the black mascot for Wall Street...which he is now being rewarded for at $400,000 a pop! But Michelle seems to have always tried to be as honest as she could be within the limitations of being the loyal wife of a president and doing all the First Lady crappola.

At least she used her time in the White House to try to advance and bring attention to some what should have been unpolitical and uncontroversial causes. The attacks on Michelle Obama as a person, tell us a lot about the character of rightwing media and their mostly aging white male followers who are still looking for opportunities to attack her!
Thanks from tristanrobin and Clara007
right to left is offline  
Old October 6th, 2017, 11:49 PM   #27
forgot my old user name
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Contrary to what you believe Black ppl have agency. They tend to vote Democrat because the Republicans are the worst option. Using terms like "plantation" and "imprisonment" is anti-Black. It is a testament to the fact that both parties see minorities as political footballs that they're trying to catch, not as actual human beings. Republicans supported the very economic policies that have pretty much bankrupted minorities, and working-class White folks as well, and placed them in their current state. Neither party is any good, but no sane person sees the Republicans as an alternative.
Any rightwingers who say that blacks should vote Republican are either joking or living in 1865! Obviously, the Party that has decided since at least 04 to work directly against the interests of non-whites isn't being serious. But, for a long time, the Democrats have taken black voters for granted because of this. They even have a name for it! Democratic strategists refer to black voters as a "captive constituency!" Well, nobody makes deals or does much to help captives, and the Democrats are no different!

One of the many reasons for the failure of the 1.2 billion dollar Clinton Campaign for the White House was because a significant number of black voters are getting pissed off and either not bothering to wait in long lines at the limited number of polling stations or looking around for other options than just checking the box for Democratic candidates. Problem is the Democrats have gotten lazy and forgotten most of their base of support in the chase for big money donors and rewards afterwards...when they set up their foundations and go on their speaking tours.

After two terms of Barack Obama in the White House, household wealth of black families continued to decline, nothing was done besides lamentations and finger-wagging about the disproportionate percentage of blacks being killed by police, privatization of public schools through the charter schooling scam got assistance from the Feds, a healthcare compromise with the insurance industry was pushed instead of a guaranteed national healthcare plan, and a large percentage of homeowners who got foreclosed upon because they found they were stuck with 'liar' loans after the housing meltdown were black. There was no meaningful bailout of underwater mortgage holders, while Wall Street has been given trillions in free money...otherwise known as quantitative easing.

So, if I was black in America I'd be thinking that the Democratic Party either needs the same kind of revolution crazy tea-partiers do to the Republicans OR it has to be abandoned for a third party option. Right now the Two Party System is a choice between the White Party and the Big Tent - Do-Nothing Party that wants your vote but only listens to big money donors when they're setting policy goals.
right to left is offline  
Old October 7th, 2017, 12:16 AM   #28
forgot my old user name
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Many African Americans have the need to stay on the Democrat plantation, you see even after the chains were cut, many African Americans stayed and worked on the very same plantations from which they were slaves.
You think that freed slaves chose to stay on plantations cause they loved them so much? Ever think that...maybe there was no other choice? If you're down south after Reconstruction, when the north gave up and let the southern aristocracy take control, they still owned most of the land! that 40 acres and a mule promise to every freed slave was never fulfilled! Most freed slaves had no other options aside from working as sharecroppers...as did a large percentage of whites, who were kept loyal by being given better living conditions and rights that blacks could not effectively exercise...starting with voting! A black sharecropper couldn't just pick up and leave a plantation if they wanted to because they had to buy seed, tools and mules from the plantation owner, and even food and supplies from a plantation store, and with half to two thirds of their crops going to the owner, there was no way they could earn their way out of debt. Therefore, if they tried to leave, they were hunted down and arrested, and could be sent off to prison to work in prison chain gangs. The Jim Crow system is easily described as Slavery By Another Name, and you have to be pretty damn ignorant of your own history not to be aware of it!
Quote:
But hey if you like keeping people in poverty give the welfare without a way out.

But you can say the same about many poor whites as well. They have accepted the chains of the welfare Plantation.
How many Americans can live off of welfare today? Everything I've heard since Billy started Welfare Reform with Newt back in the 90's is that the benefits that were offered have shrunk and become more and more temporary, and most cities have unloaded all of their public housing...so how many of the poor can afford even a crappy roach-infested apartment at the prices slumlords charge in cities that have been freed from rent controls?

Gotta say: when I see your quoteline I'm always thinking to myself what kind of Christianity preaches social darwinism where God rewards the rich further and tells his followers to heap scorn on and turn out the poor?
Thanks from tristanrobin and Gordy
right to left is offline  
Old October 7th, 2017, 06:13 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
We know, we know...Everybody is a racist, sexist, homophobe.
Not everyone...but a lot of people are, which is exactly what you should expect in a country with the history of the US.

It's better now than it was, it will be better in the future than it is now.

But as a guy once said to me, "How long do you want to wait for your rights?"

That's what it comes down to, there are people in this country who are being denied their rights.

And the pathetic reaction is "hey don't we have a right to act on our racist, homophobic, chauvinist beliefs?"
goober is online now  
Old October 7th, 2017, 06:40 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpork View Post


O.M.G.!! A woman with brains and an opinion??? God forbid. There are so many points to be made here, I hardly know where to begin....but let's start with this.
1) Michelle Obama stated a fact. Everything she said is absolutely true. The GOP is mostly all white and all men. In fact, Congress is mostly all white and all men. There's nothing racist about that statement because it's a FACT, Jack. If you want stats, I can provide them.

2) Michelle Obama is a private citizen who can say whatever she wants....just like every asshat on DTT does every day. First Amendment? Oh, that's right. We the people can only use the First Amendment when the RW says it's okay.

3) Michelle Obama knows racism well. She and her family experienced first hand when they faced an onslaught of racist/sexist name-calling: ape in heels, black transgender--actually a black man, gorilla face, she should be let loose in Zimbabwe, Bill O'Reilly's "lynching party against Michelle Obama", Michelle, My Butt from Breitbart, Limbaugh's 'She should look like an Ethiopian'.........

4) AND the cartoons. Don't pretend you didn't see them. The Ape Family, the endless depictions of bananas offered to the Obamas, Obama's weight/size, her sleeveless dresses, her fluency in "ghetto" and the fist bumps.......

5)AND now we have Melania. Should I start a thread on Melania Trump?? Or do you want to shut up about Michelle Obama and every other first lady? The testosterone/misogyny on DTT is disgusting. The white maleness on DTT is also disgusting. Don't you boys have mothers? sisters? daughters? wives?

Our First Ladies should be elevated to a position of respect, just for having to put up with at least FOUR years of disrespect from people like you. They watch as their husbands are vilified. Some have watched as their husbands were shot and killed. They did NOT sign up for the job. They are criticized for everything they say and do--for every dress they wear--every shoe they purchase--every hairstyle & move they make. They are condemned for traveling as ambassadors. They are faulted for their projects. They are slammed for spending money on WH decor, vacations, and state dinners. AND Michelle Obama (as our first African American First Lady) was treated like some kind of disease by some.

Stop and show some decency.
Thanks from tristanrobin, RNG and right to left
Clara007 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues

Tags
racist, true



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
True God fdtwain Christianity 28 August 23rd, 2016 07:40 AM
A TRUE liberal RACIST. reason10 Current Events 6 June 8th, 2016 08:56 PM
So true! intangible child Political Humor 2 March 13th, 2015 11:30 AM
This is so true, LOL intangible child Political Humor 21 May 6th, 2014 04:34 PM
The one true God... tadpole256 Religion 0 July 23rd, 2010 02:18 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.