Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues

Social Issues Social Issues and Problems - Social issues, social ill, social problems


Thanks Tree93Thanks
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17th, 2017, 08:48 AM   #71
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Misstatements? There are no misstatements. I presented facts. You took those facts and played TWISTER with them.

Obama DID DO ALL THOSE THINGS and they DID HELP the Black community.
Don't have to twist them. They speak for themselves. Your trying to put lipstick on a Pig. The Black community is no better off now, despite your Obimbo claims. Other than Obimbo being the first Black president, there is little else the Black community can be proud of in Obimbo.
caconservative is offline  
Old November 17th, 2017, 08:58 AM   #72
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Kids are free to go to school wherever their parents can afford to send them if they do not wish to attend public schools.

You people need to concern yourselves with the public education to a greater extent that whining about irrelevant nonsense like school prayer.

You know why you people are always whining about the "Liberal public education system?" It's because traditionally conservatives don't give a shit about public education. If as many CONSERVATIVES got into the teaching profession and became teachers, professors and administrators as LIBERALS did then there would be NO "LIBERAL public education system."
Did you give even on moment of thought to your idiotic diatribe before you posted it? Conservatives don't have children in public schools, and are just as concerned with the lack of education as Liberals. What a stupid statement!! The plain truth is, public schools are failing. Where is the underlying fault? That would be government interference.
What's you beef with school prayer?
caconservative is offline  
Old November 17th, 2017, 09:02 AM   #73
Political Agnostic
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
This crock of sewage is the last resort of the wackjob right wing looney tunes because to aide the black community they've lynched them, shot them, dragged them behind trucks, incinerated their churches (often with them in the buildings), tried to buck every affirmative action taken to further enhance the lives of black Americans, and fought tooth and nail from integrating American society so that they were/are considered equal.

So they come up with absolute tripe and bullshit.

Screw them. They can't hide or evade or obfuscate their vile and heinous acts of the past 75 years.
Hyperbole and emotion resulting from over production of estrogen. What a hate filled little gerbil you are, you truly need a real education Tristan. There is NO institutionalized or systemic racism still occurring, grow up.
Quigley is offline  
Old November 17th, 2017, 09:13 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Don't have to twist them. They speak for themselves. Your trying to put lipstick on a Pig. The Black community is no better off now, despite your Obimbo claims. Other than Obimbo being the first Black president, there is little else the Black community can be proud of in Obimbo.


You must get serious headaches--all those statements flying over your head and you trying to keep up.
Here is your post: Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
What has the Democrats and the Black caucus done? The Demo-rats have kept them on the plantation, and the Black caucus has...? What have they done?? What did Obimbo do in 8-years? What has the Black community done for itself?

AND I answered those questions quite thoroughly, I believe. You did NOT *DID NOT* ask me if the Black community was better off.

But keep comin' to Mama Clara. I will gladly help you. BTW, the correct phrase should be: What *HAVE* (not HAS) the Democrats and the Black caucus done? Democrats is a plural word, ergo the correct word to follow is 'have'.

YOU ARE WELCOME!
Clara007 is online now  
Old November 17th, 2017, 10:55 AM   #75
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
The article contains many truths. The fact of the matter is that the liberal elite are a cancer within the Black community, and much of America's working class. However, there are some things that I disagree with. I just don't understand why I can't be mad about both Black-on-Black crime and police brutality. They are both symptoms of a violent society.
My first problem with the article comes from reading who the author is: Walter Williams..first came across him 20 years ago when I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh's show on the radio(not much other choices)and Walter Williams was one of his go-to guest hosts. It was pretty obvious pretty fast that Williams and the other small coterie of highly compensated black conservatives and libertarians are mostly there so white supremacists and market fundamentalists can say: "SEE, we have a black man here who agrees with everything we say!"

I have found that especially in this day and age, it requires a determined and sometimes exhaustive search to find the few African American scholars like Adolph Reed, who can explain why things aren't getting better for the black majority and why black leadership is so muddled and ineffectual. As Reed, Glen Ford or recent Green Party VP candidate-Ajamu Baraka, will tell the people, there are economic class divides within all racial and ethnic communities as well as the general class divide along income and wealth.

Reed points out that although there was always a wealthier subset of African Americans throughout the south and northern cities, their political and even most economic interests reflected the broader interests of the black community until the end of Jim Crow virtual slavery and the signing of the Civil Rights Act provided opportunities for wealthier blacks that left many behind in the de-industrializing ghettoes. The people with money could move out and into newer, formerly all-white neighborhoods, get their kids into regular colleges and universities, and enjoy most of the trappings of the good life! Unlike white immigrants from Ireland, Italy and Eastern Europe who were gradually absorbed in and made part of the generalized white population, they still carry a black identity, and so very few will do what cretins like Walter Williams, Herman Cain or Ben Carson will do...overtly and openly sell out their people completely! The members of the Black Congressional Caucus, the rising star politicians like Obama, rich black entrepreneurs like Byron Allen, and the rich black entertainers like Beyonce and JayZee etc.,will all try to keep presenting themselves as black, BUT focus almost entirely on identity politics and issues that they can still be harmed by regardless of their money...such as increasingly aggressive and violent policing. Until the black elite presents their identity cred, they get treated like everyone else wearing darker skin in America. But, if the limits of their support are throwing a few coins to Black Lives Matter, they do nothing for the poverty, unaffordable housing and other gentrification fallout issues, or lead poisoning, which afflicts nearly every aging city water supplies as bad or worse than the much talked about Flint Michigan Debacle. This is also how black leadership falls in line behind a lousy candidate who even has a history along with her husband, of being hostile to the interests and needs of black communities in America, rather than support an old guy who may have been out of the loop and uninvolved with African American issues, but at least proposed a few things that would help!

So, I've been able to learn a little about how these problems and crises have developed and continue to get worse and unaddressed by either conventional conservative or liberal chattering classes. And if Walter Williams isn't blinded by his own bullshit and actually aware of how class intersects with race, then he's certainly not going to be able to tell white conservatives anything besides what they already want to hear.
Quote:
This is absolutely true. The problems become exacerbated when Black folks are reduced to tokens used for political purposes (both sides are guilty of this), instead of actual human beings with agency.
Problem again with Walter Williams is he must know that it's not just about Democrats using the black vote as one of their "Captive Constituencies," the Republicans whom he supports, have been dogwhistling, disenfranchising and voicing increasing hostility towards a black population they have no interest in dealing with on any level.
right to left is offline  
Old November 17th, 2017, 11:02 AM   #76
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to left View Post
My first problem with the article comes from reading who the author is: Walter Williams..first came across him 20 years ago when I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh's show on the radio(not much other choices)and Walter Williams was one of his go-to guest hosts. It was pretty obvious pretty fast that Williams and the other small coterie of highly compensated black conservatives and libertarians are mostly there so white supremacists and market fundamentalists can say: "SEE, we have a black man here who agrees with everything we say!"

I have found that especially in this day and age, it requires a determined and sometimes exhaustive search to find the few African American scholars like Adolph Reed, who can explain why things aren't getting better for the black majority and why black leadership is so muddled and ineffectual. As Reed, Glen Ford or recent Green Party VP candidate-Ajamu Baraka, will tell the people, there are economic class divides within all racial and ethnic communities as well as the general class divide along income and wealth.

Reed points out that although there was always a wealthier subset of African Americans throughout the south and northern cities, their political and even most economic interests reflected the broader interests of the black community until the end of Jim Crow virtual slavery and the signing of the Civil Rights Act provided opportunities for wealthier blacks that left many behind in the de-industrializing ghettoes. The people with money could move out and into newer, formerly all-white neighborhoods, get their kids into regular colleges and universities, and enjoy most of the trappings of the good life! Unlike white immigrants from Ireland, Italy and Eastern Europe who were gradually absorbed in and made part of the generalized white population, they still carry a black identity, and so very few will do what cretins like Walter Williams, Herman Cain or Ben Carson will do...overtly and openly sell out their people completely! The members of the Black Congressional Caucus, the rising star politicians like Obama, rich black entrepreneurs like Byron Allen, and the rich black entertainers like Beyonce and JayZee etc.,will all try to keep presenting themselves as black, BUT focus almost entirely on identity politics and issues that they can still be harmed by regardless of their money...such as increasingly aggressive and violent policing. Until the black elite presents their identity cred, they get treated like everyone else wearing darker skin in America. But, if the limits of their support are throwing a few coins to Black Lives Matter, they do nothing for the poverty, unaffordable housing and other gentrification fallout issues, or lead poisoning, which afflicts nearly every aging city water supplies as bad or worse than the much talked about Flint Michigan Debacle. This is also how black leadership falls in line behind a lousy candidate who even has a history along with her husband, of being hostile to the interests and needs of black communities in America, rather than support an old guy who may have been out of the loop and uninvolved with African American issues, but at least proposed a few things that would help!

So, I've been able to learn a little about how these problems and crises have developed and continue to get worse and unaddressed by either conventional conservative or liberal chattering classes. And if Walter Williams isn't blinded by his own bullshit and actually aware of how class intersects with race, then he's certainly not going to be able to tell white conservatives anything besides what they already want to hear.
I'm no fan of Black conservatives, nor am I defending them. There was a lot of bullshit in that article, but he's pretty much right about liberals, but Williams didn't go far enough.

Both Black liberals and conservatives are Uncle Toms who sell out their community for pats on the back from the White elite. I don't hate them, they just continue to use an ineffective and reactionary approach that has led to the disunity prevalent in the community today. The goal of African-Americans imo at this time should be collective self-determination, not partisan politics.

The fact of the matter is that African-Americans have no stake in electoral politics and it's past time that they abandoned it. Both Republicans and Democrats are shit. Black folks in America need to do for themselves, instead of depending on the government to liberate them. The Jews, the LGBT community, and others have a collective political program. Black folks have such things, but they are all in different directions. Go ahead and disagree with me, but that is simply how I feel.

Garvey and Malcolm laid it out, and we're still in the same place.


Quote:
Problem again with Walter Williams is he must know that it's not just about Democrats using the black vote as one of their "Captive Constituencies," the Republicans whom he supports, have been dogwhistling, disenfranchising and voicing increasing hostility towards a black population they have no interest in dealing with on any level.
Yea that's what's pisses me off about ppl like him. What's just as insidious is how Republicans use people like him as tokens to show how diverse they are, when they are openly anti-Black.

Last edited by Gordy; November 17th, 2017 at 11:14 AM.
Gordy is offline  
Old November 17th, 2017, 11:28 AM   #77
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Black people are no more to blame for Trump's victory than the millions of white voters who stayed home and didn't vote - or worse, yet, voted for the dotard-in-chief.

I know that it's easy for some to play race politics when it comes to Trump's victory. But, I believe it came about for a combination of reasons. Yes, a large percentage of Democratic voters didn't turn out to vote at all - but there were other issues. Not the least of which was Trump made it socially acceptable to speak one's racism, Islamaphobia, homophobia, Xenophobia and class anger out loud - and gather together to cheer it and make it more pronounced. One cannot ignore the joy and freedom that gave some people, who had been forced to keep their prejudices and bigotries behind closed doors because of social pressure for years.

Of course, there were some major political issues at work as well - not to mention the meddling of a foreign nation supplying lies and distortions to the American public.

The entire victory being boiled down to the "fault" of black people is stupid - and halts all meaningful dialogue.
The Democratic Party is the only one to blame for Trump because they decided Hillary Clinton would be the only candidate regardless of what the people wanted!
Thanks from Gordy
right to left is offline  
Old November 17th, 2017, 11:29 AM   #78
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 902
The black community has a cultural identity problem. You get in trouble if you speak out about that. Obama pals around with the likes of Jay Z who uses the "N" word freely without repercussion. Anyone that brings attention to that fact is punished
BS Filter is offline  
Old November 17th, 2017, 11:29 AM   #79
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to left View Post
The Democratic Party is the only one to blame for Trump because they decided Hillary Clinton would be the only candidate regardless of what the people wanted!
Liberals truly believe that they are entitled to votes lol.
Gordy is offline  
Old November 17th, 2017, 11:30 AM   #80
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Filter View Post
The black community has a cultural identity problem. You get in trouble if you speak out about that. Obama pals around with the likes of Jay Z who uses the "N" word freely without repercussion. Anyone that brings attention to that fact is punished
If you aren't Black don't use the N-word. Period.

Especially on a public forum. I don't even use it on DTT.

If you ever said that shit to a Black person irl you'd get your ass kicked.
Thanks from RNG
Gordy is offline  
Closed Thread

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues

Tags
black, community, elite, liberals, sold



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WOW! Sheriff Clarke DESTROYS Lie That Obama Is Helping Black Community With BRUTALLY Questionman Current Events 3 August 6th, 2016 10:20 AM
Court Documents Prove Nom's Plan To Divide Black And Gay Community waitingtables Current Events 796 May 25th, 2012 08:44 AM
the black community unites AnonGuy Racism 1 September 29th, 2007 05:48 PM
Hate Crimes and Justice in the Black Community tristanrobin Gay and Lesbian Rights 2 September 26th, 2007 05:10 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.