Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues

Social Issues Social Issues and Problems - Social issues, social ill, social problems


Thanks Tree67Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2018, 08:32 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
@Nwolfe

Are you attempting to claim there is not scientific research linking extreme social rejection with suicidal/homicidal tendencies and school shootings--thus, making this case highly predictable?
No, that is PART of the issue. Another part of the issue is the availability of weapons like the AR15 that makes people who want to do harm exponentially more dangerous.

We need to both reduce the factors that cause people to do things like this AND reduce the availability of weapons that make them capable of harming so many so easily.
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2018, 08:36 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
No, that is PART of the issue. Another part of the issue is the availability of weapons like the AR15 that makes people who want to do harm exponentially more dangerous.

We need to both reduce the factors that cause people to do things like this AND reduce the availability of weapons that make them capable of harming so many so easily.
@Nwolfe

What do you think about what 'Guy' said? Concerning much stronger security measures, modeled on the Chicago HS system, for instance?
xMathFanx is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2018, 09:15 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
@guy

You mentioned the TSA before--do you have any thoughts about them? Good, bad, other?
I think they are more illusion than practicality. Japan has the most efficient and effective screening with Israel and Germany as far as I am concerned.
Thanks from xMathFanx
guy39 is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2018, 09:32 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
I think they are more illusion than practicality. Japan has the most efficient and effective screening with Israel and Germany as far as I am concerned.
@guy

Are you familiar with Adam Kokesh?
xMathFanx is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2018, 10:03 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
@guy

Are you familiar with Adam Kokesh?
I know he is a YT personality who is a right wing libertarian, or at least that is my understanding
guy39 is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2018, 10:08 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
I know he is a YT personality who is a right wing libertarian, or at least that is my understanding
@guy

I am not sure what 'YT' is; though, yes, he is right-wing libertarian. You may find him interesting, and I know at least some of your positions definitely overlap
xMathFanx is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2018, 10:10 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
@guy

I am not sure what 'YT' is; though, yes, he is right-wing libertarian. You may find him interesting, and I know at least some of your positions definitely overlap
YouTube, unless of course he has been banned for his views.
guy39 is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2018, 10:15 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
YouTube, unless of course he has been banned for his views.
@guy

Yes, YouTube. I think he has actually gotten 'in trouble' before with YouTube, but is back on now. I watched his earlier vids much more than anything recent though. Actually, he has gotten in significant trouble with the law for some of his activism. For instance, he loaded a shotgun in Washington D.C. to protest gun restrictions--landed him in jail for a while, has a permanent record now, and is on probation for some years, obviously it is much more difficult to find a 'normal' job once all that is out there.
Thanks from guy39
xMathFanx is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2018, 11:14 PM   #69
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
@guy

Yes, YouTube. I think he has actually gotten 'in trouble' before with YouTube, but is back on now. I watched his earlier vids much more than anything recent though. Actually, he has gotten in significant trouble with the law for some of his activism. For instance, he loaded a shotgun in Washington D.C. to protest gun restrictions--landed him in jail for a while, has a permanent record now, and is on probation for some years, obviously it is much more difficult to find a 'normal' job once all that is out there.
Sounds like a mentally balanced guy........LOL
Thanks from xMathFanx
Camelot is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2018, 03:31 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Lyzza, this is all about deflection. If the topic is "School Shootings" and we don't LIKE the topic?? CHANGE the topic. AND as usual, our friends on the ALT Right, including Mr. I HAVE WENT to High SchoolAm AthleticallySuperiorandAttractive (sigh) accuse YOU of deflection, obfuscation, etc. when the pot/kettle boyman is doing the same.

He is conceited, overbearing and hubristic--just like Sabcat, Jimgorn, and others.
Obviously, as women, we should have NO opinions. As a teacher, I know NOTHING AT ALL about bullying, school policy, counseling or safety issues. You, as a continuing education student, know NOTHING because....again...all you can offer is distraction. LOL

Actually that is exactly what you are doing, he is at least addressing part of the problem involved. I have yet to see him or her say anything derogatory about any of the left leaners. Clean up your act Teach!
Thanks from Jimgorn and xMathFanx
Braveheart is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues

Tags
elephant, room, school, shootings



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Even Before Trump Arrives, Hes The Elephant In The Room At Davos tristanrobin Current Events 11 January 25th, 2018 08:52 AM
Repeal and Replace, the elephant in the room: our free cheese faction johnwk Current Events 28 July 18th, 2017 05:05 PM
The Elephant in the Room: Militarism intangible child Warfare 4 April 10th, 2013 10:45 AM
Psychiatric Drugs / Violence & School Shootings intangible child Education 3 April 29th, 2010 07:25 PM
School Shootings Anti-choice57 Gun Control 48 February 14th, 2008 03:13 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.