Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Socialism

Socialism Socialism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree25Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2015, 08:54 PM   #21
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Calling a tax break a hand out is another socialist trick as well. They say corporation received xxx tax dollars. When the truth is the corporation received a tax break. Sure I would agree corporations that get tax breaks and outsource manufacturing over seas do not deserve it. But hell yes I think we need to create economic empowerment zones in the poorest of areas. Do away with all the business taxes in those areas. Let the businesses grow and employ people, let the people they employ pay taxes. Increase the amount of tax payers increase revenue.
coke is offline  
Old September 15th, 2015, 09:17 PM   #22
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,512
false premise, just because one person has wealth does not mean they deprived someone else.

any references too "wage gap" or "economic justice" are poorly disguised appeals to envy.
Thanks from caconservative, Sabcat and coke
webguy4 is offline  
Old September 15th, 2015, 09:19 PM   #23
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Calling a tax break a hand out is another socialist trick as well. They say corporation received xxx tax dollars. When the truth is the corporation received a tax break. Sure I would agree corporations that get tax breaks and outsource manufacturing over seas do not deserve it. But hell yes I think we need to create economic empowerment zones in the poorest of areas. Do away with all the business taxes in those areas. Let the businesses grow and employ people, let the people they employ pay taxes. Increase the amount of tax payers increase revenue.
I don't feel that business should get tax breaks of any kind. I say that the state pulls out of dying areas. If there is a need for a business and there is profit to be made one will show up. Tax insensitive not needed.
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is offline  
Old September 15th, 2015, 09:27 PM   #24
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
false premise, just because one person has wealth does not mean they deprived someone else.

any references too "wage gap" or "economic justice" are poorly disguised appeals to envy.
Now. Now. The wage gap thing is a reality and a product of cronyism. What is it something like 400:1 probably more of CEO to average earnings. That is fucked up and gives the socialists a fair argument. Not one that I agree w/ but valid.
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is offline  
Old December 17th, 2015, 09:25 AM   #25
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,518
Bump
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is offline  
Old December 17th, 2015, 03:22 PM   #26
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I don't feel that business should get tax breaks of any kind. I say that the state pulls out of dying areas. If there is a need for a business and there is profit to be made one will show up. Tax insensitive not needed.
You are thinking small local economics only. Distribution points, manufacturing. Neither of those are locally economically supported. They support the local economics, dependent on selling their goods and services to another economic market. So, with that being said, they will shop the best place to set up shop. That is why tax breaks and other incentives are needs sometimes.
Thanks from Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old December 17th, 2015, 03:30 PM   #27
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
You are thinking small local economics only. Distribution points, manufacturing. Neither of those are locally economically supported. They support the local economics, dependent on selling their goods and services to another economic market. So, with that being said, they will shop the best place to set up shop. That is why tax breaks and other incentives are needs sometimes.
I disagree but This would still be completely up to the community.
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 11th, 2016, 09:06 PM   #28
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,518
The problems of socialism are not based on the irrationality or dishonesty of public planners

Mises’ critique does not even address the critical issue of incentives. He did not claim that, since the profit motive is absent under socialism, bureaucrats have no incentive to try to follow the guidance of reason in their production decisions. To the contrary, Mises readily accepted that government officials are totally dedicated to the efficient production of goods and services.
The problem he identified was not lack of motivation on the part of planners. Instead, the cause of socialism’s irrationality is that those highly motivated and competent civil servants have no rational mechanism to guide their productive efforts and thus any decisions they make are necessarily arbitrary. Their position is akin to that of the captain of a ship in the midst of the ocean without a compass. No matter how able he is, any efforts he makes to set the course of his ship are doomed from the outset.
Although Mises’ analysis is purely economic, it illustrates the effects of an abstract philosophic principle in an economic practical context. That principle is that capitalism is the only economic system based on reason, while socialism rests on arbitrary whim. While capitalism cannot be effectively defended solely on economic grounds, Mises’ exposition is of tremendous value to philosophical defenders of capitalism.
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 11th, 2016, 10:21 PM   #29
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 4,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I disagree but This would still be completely up to the community.
Don't disagree with your sock.

It is unsightly.
Thanks from coke
Lyzza is offline  
Old April 24th, 2016, 01:32 PM   #30
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,518
Bump.
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Socialism

Tags
economic, perspective, socialism



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A different perspective on addiction Sabcat Healthcare 13 May 9th, 2015 07:01 AM
A Little Perspective ... tristanrobin Middle East 22 September 29th, 2013 12:21 AM
A Little Pandemic Perspective, If You Please, Joe The Bare Knuckled Pundit Political Talk 3 May 6th, 2009 02:20 AM
A perspective from Europe George Europe 34 September 20th, 2007 08:53 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.