Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Socialism

Socialism Socialism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree112Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:49 AM   #81
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
What you posted about Noah, was the nonsense about the Black Sea.
You never explained how a 500 year old man built a ship the size of an aircraft carrier with stone tools, you never addressed why the human and animal genomes do not show a bottleneck where populations of all land animals were reduced to a few members, and you never explained where all the water went.
Of course the explanation is simple, it's just a story, but you can't bring yourself to say that.

Can the constitution be changed?
Troll and try to divert another thread for a change. You were done here a long time ago.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:58 AM   #82
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Troll and try to divert another thread for a change. You were done here a long time ago.
Run Jimmy, and don't answer questions, because they're all "gotchas"
goober is offline  
Old November 22nd, 2015, 01:06 PM   #83
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
What you posted about Noah, was the nonsense about the Black Sea.
You never explained how a 500 year old man built a ship the size of an aircraft carrier with stone tools, you never addressed why the human and animal genomes do not show a bottleneck where populations of all land animals were reduced to a few members, and you never explained where all the water went.
Of course the explanation is simple, it's just a story, but you can't bring yourself to say that.

Can the constitution be changed?
From my understanding the constitution can be amended or abolished. I don't think that it can be "changed"
Sabcat is online now  
Old November 22nd, 2015, 01:14 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
From my understanding the constitution can be amended or abolished. I don't think that it can be "changed"
Check the dictionary, amended means changed.....
goober is offline  
Old November 22nd, 2015, 01:21 PM   #85
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Check the dictionary, amended means changed.....
Can you direct me to the online dictionary that was used in 1787 regarding the meaning of the word "amend" at that time.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old November 22nd, 2015, 01:55 PM   #86
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Check the dictionary, amended means changed.....
Article V of the Constitution outlines how to amend (modify) the document. It consists of two steps: proposal and ratification.

1. Propose An Amendment

Either Congress or the States can propose an amendment ot the Constitution.
Both Houses of Congress must propose the amendment with a two-thirds vote. This is how all current amendments have been offered.
Two-thirds of the State legislatures must call on Congress to hold a Constitutional Convention.

How To Amend the Constitution
Sabcat is online now  
Old November 22nd, 2015, 01:57 PM   #87
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Check the dictionary, amended means changed.....
Sorry I was late I had to amend my tyre. I had a flat.


I fuckin hate this show would you mind amending the channel.


Yup. They are completely interchangeable.

For fucks sake.

Even your semantics are weak.
Sabcat is online now  
Old November 22nd, 2015, 01:59 PM   #88
Hiding behind the sofa
 
MichaelT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Stockport England
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Can you direct me to the online dictionary that was used in 1787 regarding the meaning of the word "amend" at that time.
- A Dictionary of the English Language - Samuel Johnson - 1755
MichaelT is offline  
Old November 22nd, 2015, 02:01 PM   #89
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Sorry I was late I had to amend my tyre. I had a flat.


I fuckin hate this show would you mind amending the channel.


Yup. They are completely interchangeable.

For fucks sake.

Even your semantics are weak.

For you English as a third language people

Amended | Define Amended at Dictionary.com
goober is offline  
Old November 22nd, 2015, 02:05 PM   #90
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Can you direct me to the online dictionary that was used in 1787 regarding the meaning of the word "amend" at that time.
Why? Don't you know what it means?

Tell us oh "scholar", is there something in the constitution that would allow it to be replaced with another document, a replacement constitution?

Last edited by goober; November 22nd, 2015 at 02:14 PM.
goober is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Socialism

Tags
economic, plan, socialist



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Master Plan to No Plan: The Slow Death of Public Higher Education intangible child Current Events 3 October 29th, 2015 05:29 AM
Guess Who Else Is A Socialist skews13 Americas 155 October 23rd, 2015 07:54 PM
Socialist desperation coke Americas 6 October 18th, 2014 04:26 PM
Chicago should thank the Socialist Gov! coke Current Events 2 August 24th, 2014 01:16 AM
My Economic Protection Plan Jzyehoshua Money and Finance 4 February 28th, 2008 06:53 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.