Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Socialism

Socialism Socialism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree269Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2015, 11:34 AM   #61
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
What evidence?
The prime minister of Denmark saying that Denmark is not socialist. I thought the Prime Minister of Denmark might have a little more knowledge of such things than lets say RNG or Imaginethat on DTT. But, I guess I was wrong. Now, let me try to find the Prime Minister of Denmarks number, you two can have a conference call to set him straight damnit.

coke is offline  
Old December 13th, 2015, 11:36 AM   #62
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
The fact that socialist Denmark is head and shoulders above the capitalist America in both happiness and business friendly superiority over everything capitalist America stands for, is more than their wee little minds can comprehend.

Facts have a decidedly Liberal bias.

Socialism is only a bad thing in their minds.

Their failure trying to sell Socialism bad, capitalism good, causes them much aggravation.
Hey, let me try to find the PM of Denmarks number. You can join in with RNG and IT to set him straight on defining his country. Little did I realize that people on DTT knew more about Denmark than the Prime Minister of Denmark does. Its amazing
Thanks from Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old December 13th, 2015, 11:37 AM   #63
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
It appears to me that you are presenting a couple of blogger's opinions as fact.
Quote:
"I know that some people in the US associate the Nordic model with some sort of socialism. Therefore I would like to make one thing clear. Denmark is far from a socialist planned economy. Denmark is a market economy,” Rasmussen said.
Damn blogger posting as the Denmark Prime Minister. Oh, the nerve of him
coke is offline  
Old December 13th, 2015, 11:38 AM   #64
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
The fact that socialist Denmark is head and shoulders above the capitalist America in both happiness and business friendly superiority over everything capitalist America stands for, is more than their wee little minds can comprehend.

Facts have a decidedly Liberal bias.

Socialism is only a bad thing in their minds.

Their failure trying to sell Socialism bad, capitalism good, causes them much aggravation.
Quote:
"I know that some people in the US associate the Nordic model with some sort of socialism. Therefore I would like to make one thing clear. Denmark is far from a socialist planned economy. Denmark is a market economy,” Rasmussen said.
Damned Prime Minister of Denmark. How dare he define his nation. The nerve of him!!
Quick, get me Bernie? Fayt, can we do something about this freaking Danish Prime Minister lying?
Thanks from Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old December 13th, 2015, 11:42 AM   #65
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Ask the average Brit if they are socialist. Ask the average German if they are socialist. Ask the average Swiss if they are socialist.

The PM is stumping for trade and investment, what do you expect him to say to that audience?
That is your argument? What joe on the street says? Really? Really?

an·ec·do·tal
ˌanəkˈdōdl/
adjective
adjective: anecdotal

(of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.
Thanks from Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old December 13th, 2015, 11:47 AM   #66
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
For all the evidence deniers. Not that it will matter because were going to play the I dismiss you because I said game, but anyway here you go. I will waste my time with evidence of your Nordic Utopia's failings. But, hey its all I can do. I cant stop people from putting their fingers in their ears screaming I cant hear you. I mean for fucks sake, the Denmark PM said Denmark is not Socialist. So, the response from the wannabe US Socialist? Ignore it. Hahahaha Or do the anecdotal RNG approach lol

A portrait of modern Denmark in ten stats - The Local
Denmark's one percent problem - The Local
Bernie Sanders won't like this report on Denmark - The Local
coke is offline  
Old December 13th, 2015, 12:08 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
ubertubered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South Carolina, USA
Posts: 306
You're right about one thing at least, coke. Calling social democracy socialism is like calling libertarians ancaps. However in the Nordic states we can still see the benefits even mild center-left reform can bring to a population. If everyone decided to go even further maybe the world would be a bit less of a sinkhole.
Thanks from coke
ubertubered is offline  
Old December 13th, 2015, 12:33 PM   #68
Hiding behind the sofa
 
MichaelT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Stockport England
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
You mean to say that a government regime that is constantly morphing it's brand and definition to blend into popular dialogue but not swaying from its true roots may not be trustworthy?
The truly horrific thing about the rise of the Nazi is that they never hid their agenda, from their first manifesto in 1920 their aim of removing all Jews from German society as well as territorial expansion, by whatever means, was clearly spelled out.

http://alphahistory.com/nazigermany/...5-points-1920/
Thanks from coke

Last edited by MichaelT; December 13th, 2015 at 12:37 PM.
MichaelT is offline  
Old December 13th, 2015, 01:04 PM   #69
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
This thread is a textbook example of minds made up going in, and nothing will change any minds.

At the heart of the right-side argument is: there's not a nickel's difference between the USSR and Nazi Germany, whereas anyone who wants to do just a little study can show that they are almost polar opposites, e.g, the Soviet system holding the proletariat supreme while the Nazi system considering the proletariat to be at the bottom of social order.

As I noted earlier, the main argument here if applied to health would be that terminal cancer and a fatal car accident are the same because both kill you.

Pretty typical right-wing stuff, especially for libertarians.
Personally I am looking at them from an economic and personal liberty perspective. I don't see much of a difference for the average citizens life between the two schools once they gain complete control.

Try to look at what they were doing and try to apply it to modern times. Of course the past applications were different and the ideologies were different. Fuck they were killing each other. But what was it like for the farmer, the hooker, the doctor under these statist regimes? That is the question, the point that I am trying to get across. What the suit is babbling at the cameras is irrelevant. It is the lives of the people living under a police state. Expecting the PC police to come knocking at their door in the middle of the night because they neglected to call about their neighbors radical ideas and stockpiles of drinking water.


IMO if we are going to use "health" for the two maybe the Black Death and Ebola may be a little more accurate since both can be generally avoided if you keep them from infecting your people where as your example just kills randomly and precautions are limited.
Thanks from coke

Last edited by Sabcat; December 13th, 2015 at 01:14 PM.
Sabcat is online now  
Old December 13th, 2015, 01:20 PM   #70
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Personally I am looking at them from an economic and personal liberty perspective. I don't see much of a difference for the average citizens life between the two schools once they gain complete control.

Try to look at what they were doing and try to apply it to modern times. Of course the past applications were different and the ideologies were different. Fuck they were killing each other. But what was it like for the farmer, the hooker, the doctor under these statist regimes? That is the question, the point that I am trying to get across. What the suit is babbling at the cameras is irrelevant. It is the lives of the people living under a police state. Expecting the PC police to come knocking at their door in the middle of the night because they neglected to call about their neighbors radical ideas and stockpiles of drinking water.


IMO if we are going to use "health" for the two maybe the Black Death and Ebola may be a little more accurate since both can be generally avoided if you keep them from infecting your people where as your example just kills randomly and precautions are limited.
From the economic perspective, the situation of the average German, under Hitler before and during the early stages of the war was vastly superior to that of the average Soviet citizen.
Thanks from coke
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Socialism

Tags
nazis, socialists



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why do socialists hate the environment? Sabcat Current Events 37 October 16th, 2015 02:45 PM
For all you socialists out there..with love coke Current Events 0 November 18th, 2014 08:45 PM
Bad week coming for the socialists coke Current Events 28 November 3rd, 2014 04:43 AM
Teabaggers = Closeted-Socialists! Medicine Man Current Events 0 October 11th, 2014 07:28 AM
Shhh this isnt pc enough for the always caring socialists coke Current Events 2 August 26th, 2014 06:13 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.