Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Discussion > Sports

Sports Sports Forum - Talk about the wide world of sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 17,108
LeBron James a farce

He used the media to announce that he will be a Miami Heat. I don't blame the Cleveland owner for his statement denouncing James.



At least the media circus is over.
highway80west is offline  
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #2
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
He has fallen for his own hype. That's too bad. It makes him an arrogant ass.
waitingtables is offline  
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #3
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 17,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables
He has fallen for his own hype. That's too bad. It makes him an arrogant ass.


I'm sure James can't blame the Cleveland owner for his statements like "he is entitled to his opinion".



Money don't buy championships. If the Heat fail to win a championship during the James era, then the Heat fans will have taken a bath because the team will raise the ticket prices just to pay his salary.



So help me if James were to say, "it is not about money", then that's bull. It is all about money.
highway80west is offline  
Old July 9th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 24,212
I don't think it's about money. He already has more money than God. It's about WINNING a championship. That's the only way he can advance his career and sports legacy. It'll never happen for him in Cleveland.



(Note: I couldn't care less about him, or where he plays, or if he falls off the end of the world.)
tristanrobin is online now  
Old July 11th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
nuttyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wilmette. Illinois
Posts: 3,879
I do agree that the whole Lebron show was a media circus. That being said, I also agree with Tristan; I could care less where he plays, because to win a championship; he'll still have to come through the Lakers.

I fully understand why the people in Cleveland are unhappy. Lebron could be said to have been a major factor in the area's economy. With him gone, you can now kiss that money goodbye!
nuttyjoe is offline  
Old July 12th, 2010, 04:44 AM   #6
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyjoe
I do agree that the whole Lebron show was a media circus. That being said, I also agree with Tristan; I could care less where he plays, because to win a championship; he'll still have to come through the Lakers.

I fully understand why the people in Cleveland are unhappy. Lebron could be said to have been a major factor in the area's economy. With him gone, you can now kiss that money goodbye!
Cleveland is a shitty place to live anyway.
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:20 AM   #7
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 17,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyjoe
I do agree that the whole Lebron show was a media circus. That being said, I also agree with Tristan; I could care less where he plays, because to win a championship; he'll still have to come through the Lakers.

I fully understand why the people in Cleveland are unhappy. Lebron could be said to have been a major factor in the area's economy. With him gone, you can now kiss that money goodbye!


How true. When Wilt Chamberlain was playing in the 1960's, all championship series had to go through Boston.

Chamberlain had lousy coaches, except for Alex Hannum in 1966-1967, who coached them to a title that year.



Boston was not a money-making franchise, said the late-Red Auerbach. The Knicks had more money in the bank than the Celtics.



But Auerbach built a complete team: Russell, Cousy, Heinsohn, the two Jones (K.C. and Sam), Havlicek, etc.
highway80west is offline  
Old July 12th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #8
man
 
onthefence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: laying on the fence
Posts: 5,986
Fuck Lebron.....and the Lakers
onthefence is offline  
Old July 12th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
nuttyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wilmette. Illinois
Posts: 3,879
That sounds like a disgruntled Celtics fan talking!
nuttyjoe is offline  
Old July 12th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
nuttyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wilmette. Illinois
Posts: 3,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway80west
How true. When Wilt Chamberlain was playing in the 1960's, all championship series had to go through Boston.

Chamberlain had lousy coaches, except for Alex Hannum in 1966-1967, who coached them to a title that year.



Boston was not a money-making franchise, said the late-Red Auerbach. The Knicks had more money in the bank than the Celtics.



But Auerbach built a complete team: Russell, Cousy, Heinsohn, the two Jones (K.C. and Sam), Havlicek, etc.
You're talking about over 59 years ago, H80. Sports has went through several genertions since then. One thing that didn't exist then: million dollar contracts. Do you think that Boston could have been so dominant in the "60's if players had million dollar contracts; and million dollar endorsements?

These things exist now. They are here to stay. As long as any one player can get such lucrative money by switching teams at the end of his contract;they will do so- this idea of " you should be loyal to us" just is a thing from the dim; dead past.
nuttyjoe is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Discussion > Sports

Tags
farce, james, lebron



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Economy: The Leading Indicators Farce unlawflcombatnt Current Events 5 November 25th, 2006 02:00 AM
James Madison Quote tyreay World History 8 March 28th, 2006 03:58 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.