Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Warfare Warfare Military Forum - For topics and discussions related to combat and peace efforts


Thanks Tree16Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #21
Coconut Lure
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,979
so, southern france I think it was, audie srgt had a new lt. with orders to take a hill with multiple german mounted machine gun emplacements. the lt. was checkin his map and lookin nervous. audie and best friend told the lt. to sit tight while they scouted things out. they crept around the flank, surprised one of german nests and captured it, killing the german crew. The next nest over put up a white flag, though audie yelled for him to stay down his friend got up to stroll over and take their surrender. the germans mowed audie's friend down. Audie held his friend until he died, then picked up the heavy german mounted gun and went medieval on all the germans on that hill. Audie got the silver star for that one.
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
so, southern france I think it was, audie srgt had a new lt. with orders to take a hill with multiple german mounted machine gun emplacements. the lt. was checkin his map and lookin nervous. audie and best friend told the lt. to sit tight while they scouted things out. they crept around the flank, surprised one of german nests and captured it, killing the german crew. The next nest over put up a white flag, though audie yelled for him to stay down his friend got up to stroll over and take their surrender. the germans mowed audie's friend down. Audie held his friend until he died, then picked up the heavy german mounted gun and went medieval on all the germans on that hill. Audie got the silver star for that one.
The event earned Audie the Distinguished Service Cross. He killed 11, wounded 9 and captured 3 that day.
Thanks from webguy4
audiesdad is offline  
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 11
Here is the second part of the Audie Murphy Presidential Medal of Freedom Petition Campaign (Medal of Honor) endorsements. Of the 80 living recipients, 50 have sign the petition.
Just click the link below!

Audie Murphy Pres. Medal of Freedom (Medal of Honor Recipients) Endorsements - YouTube

Thanks,

Dave
Executive Administrator
Audie Murphy Presidential Medal of Freedom Petition Campaign

Last edited by audiesdad; April 18th, 2013 at 04:49 PM. Reason: minor edit
audiesdad is offline  
Old April 20th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 11
Here is the third part of the Audie Murphy Presidential Medal of Freedom Petition Campaign (Celebrity) endorsements.
Just click the link below!

Audie Murphy Pres. Medal of Freedom (Celebrity) Endorsements - YouTube

Thanks,

Dave
Executive Administrator
Audie Murphy Presidential Medal of Freedom Petition Campaign
audiesdad is offline  
Old April 20th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #25
Coconut Lure
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiesdad View Post
The event earned Audie the Distinguished Service Cross. He killed 11, wounded 9 and captured 3 that day.
an argument can be made under the rules of war he was not required to take any prisoners that day, you're only allowed to surrender once.
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 21st, 2013, 04:53 PM   #26
Coconut Lure
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,979
audie murphy wrote the song "shutters and boards", recorded by eddie arnold, made it into the top ten on country charts. later the song was covered by charley pride, jerry wallace, and dean martin. you can find this song on you tube
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 11
Here is the last part of the Audie Murphy Presidential Medal of Freedom Petition Campaign endorsements video.
Just click the link below!

Audie Murphy Pres. Medal of Freedom (Flag Officer) Endorsements - YouTube

Thanks,

Dave
Executive Administrator
Audie Murphy Presidential Medal of Freedom Petition Campaign
audiesdad is offline  
Old April 28th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #28
Coconut Lure
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,979
audie shot his first man when he was about 11 years old I think. a man kicked his dog and audie peppered his butt with a shotgun.
webguy4 is offline  
Old August 17th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #29
Coconut Lure
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,979
my dad said he knew (thru the VA) someone who knew audie murphy, said he was a prick.

he was still a hero.
webguy4 is offline  
Old August 17th, 2014, 01:34 PM   #30
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
my dad said he knew (thru the VA) someone who knew audie murphy, said he was a prick.

he was still a hero.
I hope that isn't true.

I have always been a fan of his,

Alvin York was the person if you came to his home you were expected to sit down and have supper (dinner in yankee speak) with him. there were times Gracie would cook for 40 or 50 people. Just the way he was. If you need work he would at least give you room and board and pay as much as he could afford..
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Tags
audie, murphy



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Murphy's Law of Combat ManOfTrueTruth Warfare 1 January 30th, 2006 08:51 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.