Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Warfare Warfare Military Forum - For topics and discussions related to combat and peace efforts


Thanks Tree31Thanks
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:29 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMillman View Post
I really despise when vets, (which I am myself), think they are owed something by the public just because they volunteered to serve our country. Click the link below to read the article I wrote on this over at Beards of Fury, (a libertarian leaning blog run by Rob Faust and myself, who are two beard sporting, freedom loving guys).

Article: BEARDS OF FURY: US Citizens Owe Veterans Nothing

Beards of Fury Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beard...40508862765055
your article about crocs was very funny

btw, clean shaven men are sexier
kbear is offline  
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:35 AM   #22
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 5,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMillman View Post
I really despise when vets, (which I am myself), think they are owed something by the public just because they volunteered to serve our country. Click the link below to read the article I wrote on this over at Beards of Fury, (a libertarian leaning blog run by Rob Faust and myself, who are two beard sporting, freedom loving guys).

Article: BEARDS OF FURY: US Citizens Owe Veterans Nothing

Beards of Fury Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beard...40508862765055
Nice article. Thank you for sharing.
Panther is offline  
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:42 AM   #23
Banned
 
Generaloberst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,702
Fuck off, you miserable shit.

This is one of the few times when I will agree with waitingtables.

Last edited by Generaloberst; January 22nd, 2014 at 09:50 AM.
Generaloberst is offline  
Old January 22nd, 2014, 11:26 PM   #24
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMillman View Post
I really despise when vets, (which I am myself), think they are owed something by the public just because they volunteered to serve our country. Click the link below to read the article I wrote on this over at Beards of Fury, (a libertarian leaning blog run by Rob Faust and myself, who are two beard sporting, freedom loving guys).

Article: BEARDS OF FURY: US Citizens Owe Veterans Nothing

Beards of Fury Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beard...40508862765055
I owe them something. I owe most police and firefighters something.

IMO.. a person that is asked to go to combat in the military, and does their duty honorably I believe once they return should have 3 years of Federal income tax freedom.
Thanks from azchurchmouse and Panther
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2014, 03:52 AM   #25
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
I think they should have the dignity of a job and be given the ability to provide for their families without going hungry or without a home.

Perhaps for some who struggle the most after combat, they could have housing set up almost like it was on base, with a support system of other vets and their families and people right on the property to help guide them through bureaucratic stuff when they need it, rather than them feeling lost and alone.
waitingtables is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2014, 08:31 AM   #26
Banned
 
Beasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,646
Why would you even want to join the military? It's not as if they "protect our freedoms", or anything like that; in fact we've lost many freedoms throughout our country's history as a result of unneeded war. Very, very few wars ever need to be fought, it should be a last resort in all situations.

Soldiers are just numbers used by politicians to gain political dominance instead of working together like mature human beings to solve our problems- and if you enlist, infantry or not, you are still propagating a machine which does so. Why? Either A ) because you have a misguided sense of duty and are willfully ignorant of your role as a serviceman or B ) you do it for the benefits, which makes you a pathetic welfare queen.

Change starts at home. You will gain no empathy from me.
Beasty is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2014, 11:06 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
It's people like you that make me glad we are a war mongering country. I'll leave you to figure out why.

Stay classy.
then leave. no one's stopping you. we'll even show ya the door. no??? so you prefer to stay in this uh war mongering country and reap its benefits. tell us. how much you get from welfare???
kcvet is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2014, 11:50 AM   #28
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
Why would you even want to join the military? It's not as if they "protect our freedoms", or anything like that; in fact we've lost many freedoms throughout our country's history as a result of unneeded war. Very, very few wars ever need to be fought, it should be a last resort in all situations.

Soldiers are just numbers used by politicians to gain political dominance instead of working together like mature human beings to solve our problems- and if you enlist, infantry or not, you are still propagating a machine which does so. Why? Either A ) because you have a misguided sense of duty and are willfully ignorant of your role as a serviceman or B ) you do it for the benefits, which makes you a pathetic welfare queen.

Change starts at home. You will gain no empathy from me.
Did you have 1960's folk music playing when you typed that?
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2014, 11:53 AM   #29
Banned
 
Beasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacola_niceman View Post
Did you have 1960's folk music playing when you typed that?
Oh, of course. Can't value human life without a little folk music in the mix, right?
Beasty is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2014, 12:05 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 4,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
I owe them something. I owe most police and firefighters something.

IMO.. a person that is asked to go to combat in the military, and does their duty honorably I believe once they return should have 3 years of Federal income tax freedom.
Again I totally agree with you. I believe our vets are OWED something even if they volunteered. Sorry.

We would not have anything without our vets....nothing...and I respect everyone who serves.

I read your article..and I see your point even through the profanity. Vets should not be worshipped....not at all. To want to buy someone a meal...to give up a seat or a table to a vet....to pay it forward, what is wrong with that? I believe they should get extra benefits, medically, school...etc.

Sure you volunteered...but it's not like volunteering for a service charity...you are going to defend the country against those that hate us...big difference. And it takes a special person to do this I don't care how old, what race or sex you are.

Thank you for your service to the country. And thank you Pensecola for yours.

Now when you made a joke about being pro-choice...I DRAW THE LINE. It was not funny.

Just sayin.....
azchurchmouse is offline  
Closed Thread

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Tags
citizens, owe, veterans



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Citizens United - Part 2 Camelot Current Events 2 October 14th, 2013 05:24 PM
Sovereign Citizens Go to Jail Mr. Jaggers Current Events 12 July 10th, 2013 06:52 AM
Patriot Act Being Used Against a 16 Year Old Citizens ! intangible child Crime and Punishment 3 May 8th, 2009 08:45 AM
We will NEVER tolerate being second class citizens. sir_raboyd Gay and Lesbian Rights 240 December 12th, 2008 07:12 AM
Concerned Citizens Take On Wal-Mart intangible child Political Talk 64 February 28th, 2006 11:48 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.