Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Warfare Warfare Military Forum - For topics and discussions related to combat and peace efforts


Thanks Tree10Thanks
  • 1 Post By Sabcat
  • 1 Post By coke
  • 2 Post By Jimmyb
  • 1 Post By Sabcat
  • 1 Post By BubbaJones
  • 1 Post By Sabcat
  • 1 Post By locke23
  • 1 Post By locke23
  • 1 Post By Jimmyb
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2016, 03:58 PM   #1
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,380
Defense Bill Coming This Week: A Boost for War and Tyranny

05/16/2016Ron Paul
For many of us concerned with liberty, the letters “NDAA” have come to symbolize Washington’s ongoing effort to undermine the US Constitution in the pursuit of constant war overseas. It was the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for 2012 that introduced into law the idea that American citizens could be indefinitely detained without warrant or charge if a government bureaucrat decides they had assisted al-Qaeda or “associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States.” No charges, no trial, just disappeared Americans.

The National Defense Authorization bill should be a Congressional mechanism to bind the president to spend national defense money in the way Congress wishes. It is the nuts and bolts of the defense budget and as such is an important oversight tool preventing the imperial executive from treating the military as his own private army. Unfortunately that is no longer the case these days.

Why am I revisiting the NDAA today? Unfortunately since 2012 these bills have passed the House with less and less scrutiny, and this week the House is going to vote on final passage of yet another Defense Authorization, this time for fiscal year 2017. Once again it is a terrible piece of legislation that does great harm to the United States under the guise of protecting the United States.

Unless some last minute changes take place, this latest NDAA will force young women for the first time to register to be drafted into the US military. For the past 36 years, young men have been forced to register with Selective Service when they turn 18 or face felony charges and years in prison. Under a perverted notion of “equality” some people are cheering the idea that this represents an achievement for women. Why cheer when slavery is extended to all? We should be fighting for an end to forced servitude for young men and to prevent it being extended to women.

The argument against a draft should appeal to all: you own your own body. No state has the right to force you to kill or be killed against your will. No state has a claim on your life. We are born with freedoms not granted by the state, but by our creator. Only authoritarians seek to take that away from us.

Along with extending draft registration to women, the latest NDAA expands the neocons’ new “Cold War” with Russia, adding $3.4 billion to put US troops and heavy weapons on Russia’s border because as the bill claims, “Russia presents the greatest threat to our national security.” This NDAA also includes the military slush fund of nearly $60 billion for the president to spend on wars of his choosing without the need to get Congress involved. Despite all the cries that we need to “rebuild the military," this year’s Defense Authorization bill has a higher base expenditure than last year. There have been no cuts in the military. On the contrary: the budget keeps growing.

The Defense Authorization bill should remain notorious. It represents most of what is wrong with Washington. It is welfare for the well-connected defense contractors and warfare on our economy and on the rest of the world. This reckless spending does nothing to defend the United States. It is hastening our total economic collapse.

Via the Ron Paul institute

https://mises.org/blog/defense-bill-...ar-and-tyranny
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 18th, 2016, 04:00 PM   #2
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Thanks from Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old May 18th, 2016, 04:04 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
05/16/2016Ron Paul
For many of us concerned with liberty, the letters “NDAA” have come to symbolize Washington’s ongoing effort to undermine the US Constitution in the pursuit of constant war overseas. It was the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for 2012 that introduced into law the idea that American citizens could be indefinitely detained without warrant or charge if a government bureaucrat decides they had assisted al-Qaeda or “associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States.” No charges, no trial, just disappeared Americans.

The National Defense Authorization bill should be a Congressional mechanism to bind the president to spend national defense money in the way Congress wishes. It is the nuts and bolts of the defense budget and as such is an important oversight tool preventing the imperial executive from treating the military as his own private army. Unfortunately that is no longer the case these days.

Why am I revisiting the NDAA today? Unfortunately since 2012 these bills have passed the House with less and less scrutiny, and this week the House is going to vote on final passage of yet another Defense Authorization, this time for fiscal year 2017. Once again it is a terrible piece of legislation that does great harm to the United States under the guise of protecting the United States.

Unless some last minute changes take place, this latest NDAA will force young women for the first time to register to be drafted into the US military. For the past 36 years, young men have been forced to register with Selective Service when they turn 18 or face felony charges and years in prison. Under a perverted notion of “equality” some people are cheering the idea that this represents an achievement for women. Why cheer when slavery is extended to all? We should be fighting for an end to forced servitude for young men and to prevent it being extended to women.

The argument against a draft should appeal to all: you own your own body. No state has the right to force you to kill or be killed against your will. No state has a claim on your life. We are born with freedoms not granted by the state, but by our creator. Only authoritarians seek to take that away from us.

Along with extending draft registration to women, the latest NDAA expands the neocons’ new “Cold War” with Russia, adding $3.4 billion to put US troops and heavy weapons on Russia’s border because as the bill claims, “Russia presents the greatest threat to our national security.” This NDAA also includes the military slush fund of nearly $60 billion for the president to spend on wars of his choosing without the need to get Congress involved. Despite all the cries that we need to “rebuild the military," this year’s Defense Authorization bill has a higher base expenditure than last year. There have been no cuts in the military. On the contrary: the budget keeps growing.

The Defense Authorization bill should remain notorious. It represents most of what is wrong with Washington. It is welfare for the well-connected defense contractors and warfare on our economy and on the rest of the world. This reckless spending does nothing to defend the United States. It is hastening our total economic collapse.

Via the Ron Paul institute

https://mises.org/blog/defense-bill-...ar-and-tyranny
You are overlooking the rights that are going to be restored under the NDAA by Obama's Jedi chess legal maneuvering.
Thanks from Sabcat and coke
Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 18th, 2016, 04:07 PM   #4
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
You are overlooking the rights that are going to be restored under the NDAA by Obama's Jedi chess legal maneuvering.
i forgot about that
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 18th, 2016, 04:08 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,476
Isn't it ironic ? The very people who have for ears vilified Obama for his supposed egregious and unconstitutional actions, quietly pass the single most damaging piece of legislation, save the patriot act, giving Obama more of the very powers they have railed against for years.
Thanks from coke
BubbaJones is offline  
Old May 18th, 2016, 04:13 PM   #6
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Isn't it ironic ? The very people who have for ears vilified Obama for his supposed egregious and unconstitutional actions, quietly pass the single most damaging piece of legislation, save the patriot act, giving Obama more of the very powers they have railed against for years.
they all love murder and power regardless of what they say in public. sociopaths the lot of em.
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 18th, 2016, 04:15 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
locke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
You are overlooking the rights that are going to be restored under the NDAA by Obama's Jedi chess legal maneuvering.
There's such a thing as Jedi Chess??? Sign me up! lol
Thanks from coke
locke23 is offline  
Old May 18th, 2016, 04:15 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
locke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
they all love murder and power regardless of what they say in public. sociopaths the lot of em.
Lol
Thanks from coke
locke23 is offline  
Old May 18th, 2016, 04:17 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke23 View Post
There's such a thing as Jedi Chess??? Sign me up! lol
Go read Ghost Fleet.
Thanks from coke
Jimmyb is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Tags
bill, boost, coming, defense, tyranny, war, week



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Defense Bill Would Put 100,000 Untraceable Guns On Streets LongWinded Current Events 14 May 13th, 2015 02:21 PM
Bad week coming for the socialists coke Current Events 28 November 3rd, 2014 05:43 AM
Levin open to dropping 'don't ask' from defense bill CNN Current Events 94 November 30th, 2010 09:26 AM
'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal tacked on to defense bill? CNN Current Events 6 January 17th, 2010 07:44 AM
Immigration bill awaits vote this week CNN Current Events 1 June 24th, 2007 05:39 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.