Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Warfare Warfare Military Forum - For topics and discussions related to combat and peace efforts


Thanks Tree15Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2016, 04:57 PM   #51
TW
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 19,703
German Cars


https://youtu.be/whixWpH9MVQ
Sabcat is offline  
Old September 18th, 2016, 05:04 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 9,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
German cars are metric and American cars AEC. I hate anything metric and have no idea if 40*C is hot or cold.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old September 19th, 2016, 07:33 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
WW2 would not have started if Hitler wasn't rejected from a prestigious art school. I looked at some of Hitler's paintings and thought them good art of buildings. Had Hitler been given a chance to improve his artwork then who knows what would have happened.
Even if Hitler would have succeeded as an artist, he probably would have still been drafted into the Army in WWI....He was a brave soldier, he received an Iron Cross and he would still have gotten gassed.. It was the German veteran's feeling of betrayal that really was at the core of the Freidcorp and fledgling Nazi Party.....Even without Hitler there would have been someone who organized these feelings of betrayal into a resurrection of Deutschland pride....
Jimgorn is offline  
Old September 19th, 2016, 02:22 PM   #54
Banned
 
glomax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
No shit they did not like it.
It simply does not matter what WE think is a good reason. What matters is what the Japanese military and govt. thought was a good reason at the time.
What you say about Japanese reasoning may be true. But as I mentioned to someone else in post #40, the U.S. did everything it could to provoke the Japanese into attacking. Because about 80% of the American public was against the U.S. getting involved in another European war. Also, the U.S. had apparently decrypted the code the Japanese used to communicate with their embassies in the U.S. At the very least, the U.S. knew an attack was coming. (Though not just from that source) But obviously did nothing about it.
glomax is offline  
Old September 19th, 2016, 02:26 PM   #55
Banned
 
glomax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Even if Hitler would have succeeded as an artist, he probably would have still been drafted into the Army in WWI....He was a brave soldier, he received an Iron Cross and he would still have gotten gassed.. It was the German veteran's feeling of betrayal that really was at the core of the Freidcorp and fledgling Nazi Party.....Even without Hitler there would have been someone who organized these feelings of betrayal into a resurrection of Deutschland pride....
I don't know if Hitler was drafted or volunteered. Also, I don't know if it was before or after WW I that Hitler tried to get into art school. But I guess it doesn't really matter.
glomax is offline  
Old September 19th, 2016, 02:46 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 16,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by glomax View Post
What you say about Japanese reasoning may be true. But as I mentioned to someone else in post #40, the U.S. did everything it could to provoke the Japanese into attacking. Because about 80% of the American public was against the U.S. getting involved in another European war. Also, the U.S. had apparently decrypted the code the Japanese used to communicate with their embassies in the U.S. At the very least, the U.S. knew an attack was coming. (Though not just from that source) But obviously did nothing about it.
Not may be true but IS true.
It does ZERO good to know an attack is coming without knowing when and where.
Hollywood is offline  
Old September 19th, 2016, 03:21 PM   #57
Banned
 
glomax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Not may be true but IS true.
It does ZERO good to know an attack is coming without knowing when and where.
I wasn't there. So I don't know what the Japanese thought a good reason to go to war was. Also, knowing an attack is coming is better than not knowing an attack is coming. Also, the commander at Pearl Harbor was apparently told that there wasn't going to be an attack. Also, knowing may be why our most valuable assets there, the aircraft carriers, weren't in port at the time.

That aside, what makes you think the U.S. didn't know when the attack was going to happen. They knew so from the decrypted Japanese diplomatic code. The U.S. probably also knew that the Japanese fleet was out to sea. There were also U.S. allies in that theater of operation that told the U.S. that an attack was likely imminent. Also, from what I hear, the Japanese fleet was supposed to be operating without radio communication. But for whatever reason, the Japanese fleet did break radio silence. Those signals were detected and triangulated. The U.S. knew where the Japanese fleet was. Possibly, if there was more than one breech of radio silence, where it was heading.
glomax is offline  
Old September 19th, 2016, 03:31 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 16,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by glomax View Post
I wasn't there. So I don't know what the Japanese thought a good reason to go to war was. Also, knowing an attack is coming is better than not knowing an attack is coming. Also, the commander at Pearl Harbor was apparently told that there wasn't going to be an attack. Also, knowing may be why our most valuable assets there, the aircraft carriers, weren't in port at the time.

That aside, what makes you think the U.S. didn't know when the attack was going to happen. They knew so from the decrypted Japanese diplomatic code. The U.S. probably also knew that the Japanese fleet was out to sea. There were also U.S. allies in that theater of operation that told the U.S. that an attack was likely imminent. Also, from what I hear, the Japanese fleet was supposed to be operating without radio communication. But for whatever reason, the Japanese fleet did break radio silence. Those signals were detected and triangulated. The U.S. knew where the Japanese fleet was. Possibly, if there was more than one breech of radio silence, where it was heading.
Didn't say you were.
Doesn't matter what you think. Obviously the Japanese DID think it was because they DID attack us.

Now you're down to "apparantly" and "from what I hear.", garbage.
Thanks from Jimgorn
Hollywood is offline  
Old September 20th, 2016, 04:13 AM   #59
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Not may be true but IS true.
It does ZERO good to know an attack is coming without knowing when and where.
you do know that the Pentagon sent warnings that a possible attack was imminent to Pearl and Wake Islands.. (they sent it by US MAIL).. it arrived on Monday Dec 8.

Great book on the lead up to the attack

https://play.google.com/store/books/...4ESA&gclsrc=ds

I read the unrevised edition.. many years ago..
Thanks from Clara007
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old September 20th, 2016, 05:44 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by glomax View Post
I don't know if Hitler was drafted or volunteered. Also, I don't know if it was before or after WW I that Hitler tried to get into art school. But I guess it doesn't really matter.
Are you for real!!...You want to come on here extolling Hitler's virtue and then you admit you know very little of his history...of the events around him and his experiences that went a long way forming his maniacal personality.....
Thanks from Hollywood
Jimgorn is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Tags
allies, start



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A new UN report "shatters the notion" that Assad is somehow "a lesser evil" than ISIS imaginethat Middle East 28 April 13th, 2016 05:59 AM
Equality... 75 mil for "black start-ups"? Sabcat Current Events 21 April 9th, 2016 07:50 AM
Conservative Group Blasts the Pope: "Paganism" Has "Entered the Church" LongWinded Current Events 8 September 29th, 2015 04:00 PM
"The Ringworm Children" (translated in Hebrew as "100000 Rays") intangible child World History 3 May 24th, 2015 06:26 AM
It's time for "Real Change" WE start at the top, and "trickle down"! intangible child Current Events 0 February 14th, 2014 09:03 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.