Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Warfare Warfare Military Forum - For topics and discussions related to combat and peace efforts


Thanks Tree43Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2016, 11:34 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 9,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaloberst View Post
What did you do in the Navy? I'm actually looking to enlist into the Armed Forces after I graduate and it's a toss up between the Army and the Navy.

And, I suppose it is but what an ugly fucking thing.
I volunteered the draft and scored high. The Army recruiter said why do you want to join the Army? I said I want to go to Vietnam. He said the Army is being pulled out and told me where the Navy recruiter's office was. When in Phase 2 Navy A school we were all asked if we want to go to Vietnam and I the only one in the class who said yes. Something that I had to do for reasons unknown to me.

edit: the highest rank I made in the Navy was First Class Petty Officer that I made on the first increment when a Navy fire control radar instructor on Combat Systems Technical Schools Command, Mare Island, California. Fishing for Steelhead Trout in the South Navarro River was an exciting experience.

Last edited by Twisted Sister; November 23rd, 2016 at 11:57 PM.
Twisted Sister is online now  
Old November 23rd, 2016, 11:47 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,463
Its up side down. looks more like a sub.web_131028-O-ZZ999-101.jpg
jetson is offline  
Old November 24th, 2016, 12:06 AM   #23
Banned
 
Generaloberst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
I volunteered the draft and scored high. The Army recruiter said why do you want to join the Army? I said I want to go to Vietnam. He said the Army is being pulled out and told me where the Navy recruiter's office was. When in Phase 2 Navy A school we were all asked if we want to go to Vietnam and I the only one in the class who said yes. Something that I had to do for reasons unknown to me.

edit: the highest rank I made in the Navy was First Class Petty Officer that I made on the first increment when a Navy fire control radar instructor on Combat Systems Technical Schools Command, Mare Island, California. Fishing for Steelhead Trout in the South Navarro River was an exciting experience.
Damn, that's some crazy shit. What years were you in?

Would you say the modern military is a good choice? I have this compulsion to serve. I'm not sure what it is. But it's just something I have to do.
Generaloberst is offline  
Old November 24th, 2016, 12:14 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
I volunteered the draft and scored high. The Army recruiter said why do you want to join the Army? I said I want to go to Vietnam. He said the Army is being pulled out and told me where the Navy recruiter's office was. When in Phase 2 Navy A school we were all asked if we want to go to Vietnam and I the only one in the class who said yes. Something that I had to do for reasons unknown to me.

edit: the highest rank I made in the Navy was First Class Petty Officer that I made on the first increment when a Navy fire control radar instructor on Combat Systems Technical Schools Command, Mare Island, California. Fishing for Steelhead Trout in the South Navarro River was an exciting experience.
lucky you were drawn 2 the navy. The navy only suffered 0000000000000001% of all deaths and casualties in the Vietnam war. Most casualties were from slips on food in the mess hall.
jetson is offline  
Old November 24th, 2016, 12:17 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaloberst View Post
Damn, that's some crazy shit. What years were you in?

Would you say the modern military is a good choice? I have this compulsion to serve. I'm not sure what it is. But it's just something I have to do.
You should join the navy. There is a 15 million to one more chance you will be killed if you join the navy

Last edited by jetson; November 24th, 2016 at 01:11 AM.
jetson is offline  
Old November 24th, 2016, 12:20 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaloberst View Post
Damn, that's some crazy shit. What years were you in?

Would you say the modern military is a good choice? I have this compulsion to serve. I'm not sure what it is. But it's just something I have to do.
Look up the stats just like I did if you are serious about serving. If you don't want to die, join the air force or the navy.
jetson is offline  
Old November 24th, 2016, 12:32 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 9,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaloberst View Post
Damn, that's some crazy shit. What years were you in?

Would you say the modern military is a good choice? I have this compulsion to serve. I'm not sure what it is. But it's just something I have to do.
I gave eight of my salad years to the Navy 1970-1978 and have an Honorable Discharge. If you go in keep in mind when you get out have nothing less than an Honorable Discharge for anything less will close the door of opportunity.
Twisted Sister is online now  
Old November 24th, 2016, 12:45 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
I gave eight of my salad years to the Navy 1970-1978 and have an Honorable Discharge. If you go in keep in mind when you get out have nothing less than an Honorable Discharge for anything less will close the door of opportunity.
Serving opens doors. It does not close them. Even navy discharged, have a 30% more chance of securing a full time job after serving, compared to Joe Blow.
jetson is offline  
Old November 24th, 2016, 12:52 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 9,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetson View Post
Serving opens doors. It does not close them. Even navy discharged, have a 30% more chance of securing a full time job after serving, compared to Joe Blow.
You ain't too smart and border on a frothing idiot. Just kidding.
Twisted Sister is online now  
Old November 24th, 2016, 01:15 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
You ain't too smart and border on a frothing idiot. Just kidding.
You hurt my feelings, and I know your not kidding. You are mean. I thought we were friends.
jetson is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Tags
destroyer, navy



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Navy humor. roastpork Political Humor 1 July 12th, 2016 02:50 PM
US sends destroyer after iran detains ship kbear Current Events 12 April 29th, 2015 10:35 AM
Navy's giant, stealthy new destroyer gets hull wet pensacola_niceman Warfare 14 November 13th, 2013 11:04 PM
The British Navy pensacola_niceman World History 3 November 10th, 2011 06:41 PM
Navy Clears Record Of Gay Ww2 Vet skrekk Gay and Lesbian Rights 65 October 8th, 2011 09:33 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.