Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Warfare Warfare Military Forum - For topics and discussions related to combat and peace efforts


Thanks Tree43Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2016, 06:53 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaloberst View Post
kek

That's pretty cool, though. Whatever you did sounds pretty damn cool too.
Cool? Necessary, his job, his duty, sure that's all true.
But "cool"? Good Lord, you ARE nothing but a kid!
Hollywood is online now  
Old November 27th, 2016, 01:03 PM   #62
Banned
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaloberst View Post
I don't know. I want to be 'involved' if a war kicks out, you know. Like, up there at the front and shit. I'd feel like an dodger if I didn't.
You are a fkn dodger, because your talking about it on a forum. If you cared 2 cents about your homeland, forums would mean shit 2 you. And you would of already signed up.
jetson is offline  
Old November 27th, 2016, 01:06 PM   #63
Banned
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
400+ with ships in US Navy.

1400+ with ships in Coast Guard.

Really. Really. Jetson.
Really,really. I think you might be a bit crazier than me.
jetson is offline  
Old November 27th, 2016, 01:29 PM   #64
Banned
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
The Navy starts the war and the Army finishes it. You should give great thanks to the United States Navy during the Battle of the Coral Sea. Imperial Japan was going to invade Australia until the US Navy got in the fight.
The USN let Britain burn in hell.( You guys only became involved after the nips attacked pearl harbour.) That was after the Germans had bombed the fck out of Britain. Britain was outnumbered 5 to 1 in the battle of Britain, and you guys didn't give a fck. Australia entered the war 2 years before the Yanks. And we had not been attacked or provoked.)
jetson is offline  
Old November 27th, 2016, 01:45 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetson View Post
lucky you were drawn 2 the navy. The navy only suffered 0000000000000001% of all deaths and casualties in the Vietnam war. Most casualties were from slips on food in the mess hall.
That was dumber than usual for you...We lost 2559 Naval personnel in Vietnam...that comes to 4.4% of all losses.....Naval personnel could have been Corpsmen....A highly dangerous trade....or SeaBees (construction) ..not high risk, but we lost a few...Naval Support Activities....(Dock workers) and Swift Boat personnel...another quite risky profession....Don't forget pilots and then the "Blue Water" sailors...
Thanks from imaginethat and Hollywood
Jimgorn is offline  
Old November 27th, 2016, 01:46 PM   #66
Banned
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
My guided missile destroyer terrorized the Tonkin Gulf and all armaments were plainly exposed.

Admiral Zumwalt was Chief of Naval Operations when I was in the Navy who started his famous Z-Grams which officers hated and enlisted men loved.
The only thing you terrorized was little fishing vessels called pump boats with outriggers. Big tuff destroyer. (How many of your crew did you lose ?) Let me guess, none. While Marines and Army were eating rations, and dying, you was having four course meals three times a day. and you think you contributed to the war in Vietnam. You was very scary to anybody in a 8 foot wooden boat. Well, done.
jetson is offline  
Old November 27th, 2016, 03:03 PM   #67
Banned
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
That was dumber than usual for you...We lost 2559 Naval personnel in Vietnam...that comes to 4.4% of all losses.....Naval personnel could have been Corpsmen....A highly dangerous trade....or SeaBees (construction) ..not high risk, but we lost a few...Naval Support Activities....(Dock workers) and Swift Boat personnel...another quite risky profession....Don't forget pilots and then the "Blue Water" sailors...
You guys lost 2559 sailors. Minus the 690 naval pilots and crew lost.= 1699 sailors lost during the Vietnam war. ( I have no idea how 1699 sailors could lose there life when no naval ships came under attack.) Still, my point is valid.(navy had the most cushy job during the Vietnam war) Army, and Marines were 28 times more likely 2 die than anybody in the American Navy.
jetson is offline  
Old November 27th, 2016, 03:40 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetson View Post
You guys lost 2559 sailors. Minus the 690 naval pilots and crew lost.= 1699 sailors lost during the Vietnam war. ( I have no idea how 1699 sailors could lose there life when no naval ships came under attack.) Still, my point is valid.(navy had the most cushy job during the Vietnam war) Army, and Marines were 28 times more likely 2 die than anybody in the American Navy.
Did you read the post???....The Marines did not have Corpsmen....they used Navy Corpsmen..That was the bulk of Naval personnel lost...next were SeaBees...That is what I did, they were construction troops, many times they were at the front, I repaired runways under fire....My Unit lost 3 guys while I was there.. Then there were Swift Boat (Brown Water Navy) sailors, these guys (btw some of these guys were Coast Guard) patrolled the inland water ways, and this was dangerous work....and then you had sailors working the docks.....
Thanks from imaginethat and Hollywood
Jimgorn is offline  
Old November 27th, 2016, 04:02 PM   #69
Banned
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Did you read the post???....The Marines did not have Corpsmen....they used Navy Corpsmen..That was the bulk of Naval personnel lost...next were SeaBees...That is what I did, they were construction troops, many times they were at the front, I repaired runways under fire....My Unit lost 3 guys while I was there.. Then there were Swift Boat (Brown Water Navy) sailors, these guys (btw some of these guys were Coast Guard) patrolled the inland water ways, and this was dangerous work....and then you had sailors working the docks.....
I have done all the study I am going 2 do on this matter. The study of theory on this matter, concludes that the united state navy, had no fkn chance of determining the outcome of the Vietnam WAR. They were only life rafts.(as stated earlier)
jetson is offline  
Old November 27th, 2016, 04:11 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetson View Post
I have done all the study I am going 2 do on this matter. The study of theory on this matter, concludes that the united state navy, had no fkn chance of determining the outcome of the Vietnam WAR. They were only life rafts.(as stated earlier)
Whatever....have it your way.....facts don't matter, only your opinion does....

btw....My time in the Navy was 3 years active duty and 8 years in the Reserves, I never spent a minute on a friggin ship....for 1 1/2 years my boots were firmly on the ground in Vietnam...And if us Naval construction personnel had not kept that runway open during the siege of Khe Sanh, the outcome of the Vietnam War would certainly have been far different....
Thanks from imaginethat
Jimgorn is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Tags
destroyer, navy



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Navy humor. roastpork Political Humor 1 July 12th, 2016 03:50 PM
US sends destroyer after iran detains ship kbear Current Events 12 April 29th, 2015 11:35 AM
Navy's giant, stealthy new destroyer gets hull wet pensacola_niceman Warfare 14 November 14th, 2013 12:04 AM
The British Navy pensacola_niceman World History 3 November 10th, 2011 07:41 PM
Navy Clears Record Of Gay Ww2 Vet skrekk Gay and Lesbian Rights 65 October 8th, 2011 10:33 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.