Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Warfare Warfare Military Forum - For topics and discussions related to combat and peace efforts


Thanks Tree87Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2017, 11:57 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
I stick to my original claim. Every single Job opened to females in the US military has had the physical standards dumbed down. The link I shared was just one example. You got a job where that isn't the case , post it. I don't care if it's a typist. The physical standards were dumbed down.
Fine. I stick to may statement. present your proof of that.
Get a grip, you said EVERY SINGLE JOB and you offer as "proof" ONE job, and a combat job at that? It's bullshit and you know it.
Thanks from Lyzza
Hollywood is offline  
Old September 20th, 2017, 12:38 PM   #52
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Fine. I stick to may statement. present your proof of that.
Get a grip, you said EVERY SINGLE JOB and you offer as "proof" ONE job, and a combat job at that? It's bullshit and you know it.
I offered one example that makes my point. I am not going to list every single military job in every branch of the service with the different standards for man and women in that job.

You only need one case to prove me wrong.
webguy4 is offline  
Old September 20th, 2017, 06:59 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
I offered one example that makes my point. I am not going to list every single military job in every branch of the service with the different standards for man and women in that job.

You only need one case to prove me wrong.
Read your own link in Post #46.
Gen. John Kelly is quoted as stating that, "... it was LIKELY to result in lowering military standards..." NOT that it HAD lowered standards, physical or otherwise.
Correct?
Thanks from Lyzza
Hollywood is offline  
Old September 20th, 2017, 10:10 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I see the principle. but sorry HD, having women in combat doesn't seem like an overall plus.
i have one daughter, and one son. i hope neither ever go to war, but if it does come to that, well, i reflexively dont want either to go to be perfectly honest. but i dont see the logic in saying its ok for one of them to go but less ok for the other. its not that women in combat is a good thing. its what i said earlier, the sentence "i know you can do that task equally well, but you are not allowed to because you are a woman" is a sentence that should never apply. if this sentence can be truly spoken, its a worse thing. nobody is being forced to do anything, but if the opportunity is there, and a woman is capable of taking it, and wants to take it, she should be allowed to take it. i think that is an overall plus.

look at all the other instances in history where women were capable, and willing, and were denied their chance. by men. men who said 'this is a mans job'. its rarely been the right thing to do.

for the record, this is just how i feel about it and i am happy to agree to disagree if thats where we end up. this certainly isnt an issue to fall out over.
Thanks from imaginethat and Lyzza
hot dragon is offline  
Old September 20th, 2017, 11:24 PM   #55
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,712
In the first gulf war there were more casualties due to pregnancy than any other cause by far. One US navy ship lost more than a third of its crew to women going home pregnant.
webguy4 is offline  
Old September 21st, 2017, 09:47 AM   #56
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 29,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
In the first gulf war there were more casualties due to pregnancy than any other cause by far. One US navy ship lost more than a third of its crew to women going home pregnant.
Source, and please not that shitty Daily Wire. Or Brainfart.
Thanks from Hollywood and Lyzza
RNG is offline  
Old September 21st, 2017, 10:16 AM   #57
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Fun topic, why don't you start a thread to discuss it.
I'm not the one who started talking about North Korea! But, since it's become the 2nd topic here and is in most of the replies I receive, I guess you should have said something earlier instead of feeding the beast!
right to left is offline  
Old September 21st, 2017, 10:18 AM   #58
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Source, and please not that shitty Daily Wire. Or Brainfart.
36 Women Pregnant Aboard a Navy Ship That Served in Gulf - NYTimes.com

Don't you just hate having made me learn to post links
webguy4 is offline  
Old September 21st, 2017, 10:27 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
In the first gulf war there were more casualties due to pregnancy than any other cause by far. One US navy ship lost more than a third of its crew to women going home pregnant.
Damn, math is sure as shit not your strong point is it.
Your own link says the crew of that ship was 1,250 sailors, 360 of which were women. You STILL going to claim that 36 PG women amount to "more than a third of the ship's crew?'
Hint: 1/3 of 1,250 is 416.66.
36 is not even more than " more than 1/3" of the 360 female member of the crew, it's 10%.
Thanks from RNG, hoosier88 and Lyzza

Last edited by imaginethat; September 21st, 2017 at 04:09 PM.
Hollywood is offline  
Old September 21st, 2017, 10:36 AM   #60
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
i have one daughter, and one son. i hope neither ever go to war, but if it does come to that, well, i reflexively dont want either to go to be perfectly honest. but i dont see the logic in saying its ok for one of them to go but less ok for the other. its not that women in combat is a good thing. its what i said earlier, the sentence "i know you can do that task equally well, but you are not allowed to because you are a woman" is a sentence that should never apply. if this sentence can be truly spoken, its a worse thing. nobody is being forced to do anything, but if the opportunity is there, and a woman is capable of taking it, and wants to take it, she should be allowed to take it. i think that is an overall plus.

look at all the other instances in history where women were capable, and willing, and were denied their chance. by men. men who said 'this is a mans job'. its rarely been the right thing to do.

for the record, this is just how i feel about it and i am happy to agree to disagree if thats where we end up. this certainly isnt an issue to fall out over.
The only philosophical justification for war starting with Aquinas is to defend the nation. Now tell me how many wars(including America's undeclared wars) today are defensive in nature?

On the contrary, most are wars of commerce and banking. The US's targets for regime change in this new century...including the ones on the Clown Chief's to do list: North Korea, Iran and Venezuela, just happen to be nations ending the use of the US Dollar internally and in international trading. Just like Saddam had to be removed...not because of war crimes...like using US-supplied poison gas against Kurdish villages in the north, instead of against Iran...NO, it was after he announced Iraq would switch oil trading to the Euro instead of the USD. Then, Dubya had to figure a way to re-direct US forces from Afghanistan to Iraq. Same happened to Gadaffi in 2011 after announcing that Libya was about to use its large gold reserves to set up a Pan-African currency...all of a sudden, even though Libya had agreed to all the terms demanded by the west - to end nuclear research and chemical weapons programs, Gadaffi was double-crossed and liberal humanitarian interventionists today(starting with Hillary) refuse to comment about the aftermath: a destroyed anarchistic society where Islamic extremists fight for turf and even run slave markets in major cities while half the population fled to become refugees!

So, looking at the big picture: is this what you want your son or daughter to sign up for? From my pov imperial wars should be fought by the generals, politicians, war merchants and bankers who profit from them!
Thanks from imaginethat and Lyzza
right to left is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Tags
combat, mistake, women



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
women in combat is mistake webguy4 Warfare 121 December 28th, 2013 03:53 PM
Women now allowed to hold combat positions in the military. Tyler Cornwall Current Events 339 February 11th, 2013 07:45 AM
Women In Combat: How You Feel About It npr Current Events 2 February 2nd, 2013 12:54 AM
Women in combat imaginethat Current Events 3 January 24th, 2013 08:19 PM
Military panel: Allow women in combat msnbc.com Current Events 0 January 14th, 2011 03:50 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.