Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Warfare Warfare Military Forum - For topics and discussions related to combat and peace efforts


Thanks Tree14Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2018, 07:56 PM   #11
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polari View Post
It wasnít aimed at the new member.
I know that. I was referring to the childish comment fron Kelvin (Excalibur). That is who you were appropriately asking ďwho the f**k are you ?
Camelot is offline  
Old January 6th, 2018, 08:18 PM   #12
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 34,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polari View Post
People come to defend their hate for one another. There used to be a lot of goood people here...Iím sure the site creator is just so proud of what itís become...Nobody here looks for a common ground or anything resembling peace...
I don't hate anyone, I disagree with many.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old January 6th, 2018, 08:52 PM   #13
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,889
There are far too many stupid and uninformed ppl on these forums for peaceful discussions to be possible.

Last edited by Gordy; January 7th, 2018 at 01:19 AM.
Gordy is offline  
Old January 6th, 2018, 10:32 PM   #14
Bee-boo-be-bop
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 24,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
There are far too many stupid ppl on these forums for peaceful discussions to be possible.
The world has gone down hill since we started putting warning labels on everything.
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 05:50 AM   #15
Hiding behind the sofa
 
MichaelT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Stockport England
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polari View Post
People come to defend their hate for one another. There used to be a lot of goood people here...Iím sure the site creator is just so proud of what itís become...Nobody here looks for a common ground or anything resembling peace...
Sadly that seems to be norm in what goes for political debate in the USA these days.
MichaelT is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 07:28 AM   #16
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
There are far too many stupid and uninformed ppl on these forums for peaceful discussions to be possible.
Of course, those are the only possible explanations when someone disagrees with you. (Sarcasm)
webguy4 is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 08:07 AM   #17
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polari View Post
People come to defend their hate for one another. There used to be a lot of goood people here...Iím sure the site creator is just so proud of what itís become...Nobody here looks for a common ground or anything resembling peace...
If the site's creator gave two hoots in Hell, he or she would weigh in once in a while.

You're probably half right. Every time an effort is made to put up a bridge of understanding, you can expect someone from one extreme or the other to throw up defensive walls (be it name calling, personal insults, expletive deleteds, etc.)
Thanks from Sabcat
discollector is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 08:26 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polari View Post
People come to defend their hate for one another. There used to be a lot of goood people here...Iím sure the site creator is just so proud of what itís become...Nobody here looks for a common ground or anything resembling peace...
There is some truth to what you say. Most of the regular posters can be relied upon to stake out specific territory on any given issue.

However !!!! Not all that often, but every now and then, even the most diametrically opposed of us find ourselves on common ground.

Trump and Hillary were IMHO the two WORST candidates to ever run for president, or any office for that fact !! What we have now is possibly the most polarized politics since the civil war. Some times the feelings and the language runs a bit hot on the board. But fundamentally I don't think any of us hate every one we disagree with. At least we're not shooting at each other (yet).

The fact that any of us find common ground with those we generally oppose is a good thing. Once we see who started is and who has responded, most threads can be predicted to follow a given course. But every now and then, one surprises us.
BubbaJones is online now  
Old January 8th, 2018, 09:47 AM   #19
Bee-boo-be-bop
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 24,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
There is some truth to what you say. Most of the regular posters can be relied upon to stake out specific territory on any given issue.

However !!!! Not all that often, but every now and then, even the most diametrically opposed of us find ourselves on common ground.

Trump and Hillary were IMHO the two WORST candidates to ever run for president, or any office for that fact !! What we have now is possibly the most polarized politics since the civil war. Some times the feelings and the language runs a bit hot on the board. But fundamentally I don't think any of us hate every one we disagree with. At least we're not shooting at each other (yet).

The fact that any of us find common ground with those we generally oppose is a good thing. Once we see who started is and who has responded, most threads can be predicted to follow a given course. But every now and then, one surprises us.

This is by design
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 02:30 PM   #20
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Of course, those are the only possible explanations when someone disagrees with you. (Sarcasm)
I read this to my wife, she thought it was a good slam. I told her sarcasm is evil. She asked my why do I do it then.

I said, because itís fun.
webguy4 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Warfare

Tags
defending, truth



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Jew Defending te Truth Blade Conspiracy Theories 1 May 20th, 2013 11:29 PM
Defending the truth? pljames New Users 28 March 2nd, 2009 07:22 AM
Defending the Truth...Which kind of Truth?? RidinHighSpeeds Opinion Polls 26 January 25th, 2008 12:34 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.